Top Social

The Lucane Family in the Sims #2


After I posted the previous update on the Lucane family, I got bored one day and decided to run them around on free will during a play session. I don't really have anything to reveal or explain about the characters from the novel, so this post will be their Sim-versions just living their lives. As there really isn't much for entertainment in the house, everyone reads constantly. Jan (I'm omitting the circumflex that should be above the 'a' in his name as it messes up the format of the text) and Elle took a seat down next to each other at the dining table to get several pages in before they had to begin their work for the day.


Alar and Mareiel, however, had it a bit easier than their children with it came to filling up their Fun bar. I realized I hadn't set up the Woohooer settings properly, and once I did these two really started going at it. It got to the point where I actually had to turn the percentages down from what I normally have them at since I couldn't keep them away from each other.


I always love it when Sims automatically read bedtime stories to children on their own. There's something extra sweet, at least to me, of the action not being prompted. The thing that bugs me about the option though is that even though I had the bed on the right set as Nika's and she was closest to her bed when the action was requested, Nika still got into Elle's bed instead. Elle's Energy bar got too low so she stopped reading before she was done, and Nika got out of her bed to sleep in her own anyway though.


If I didn't love how nice the garden looked, I would have regretted making it so big. Tending to it is almost all Alar does all day.


Meanwhile, you have these two. I was hoping they would help or do something productive, but instead they chatted for a long while.


Jan eventually initiated another round of tag. While the Childish trait fits his teasing and sarcastic personality in the story, I began to find that trait made Jan a bit annoying. All he does is play tag or make silly faces at himself in the mirror. It would be nice if he did something related to his other traits as well.


Seeing as Elle was a teen and Nika a child, they were required to go to school. I considered deleting the school building from town or home schooling them, but I chose to let them go. It would be nice to get them out of the house for a while as well as give them something to do. I also didn't want to have to buy a computer that would have been necessary for Elle and Nika to have if I went ahead with homeschooling.


Jan almost did something useful. He decided to bake a loaf of nice bread. The thing is that Elle had already cooked plenty of food for the family to eat, meaning most of his bread had spoiled by the time they got around to eating it. I applaud him for trying though. At the very least, this Jan is a much better cook than the Jan in the story.


Mareiel got into a helping mood as well. She began to become quite the stickler about keeping the house clean. She could not stand dirty plates, unmade beds, or a grimy tub any longer.


Alar and Mareiel did one of those special kind of romps. I only just noticed at the last second what they were doing, and was able to hear the baby jingle before too long. I was hoping they would make another baby. It would be fun to see what other children might have come if they had had more children.


Jan would just not stop making faces at himself. I will probably remove the Childish trait if I ever go into this save again.


He even walked into his parents' room right after they finished having their fun. Apparently, the mirror in the sitting room wasn't good enough for him. Alar and Mareiel didn't mind his presence. They continued to have their fun.


Elle, being the hard worker that she is, started doing her homework as soon as she arrived back from school. She was about halfway done with it before Jan interrupted her to tell her...


...that she needed to do her homework.

Elle: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


But Elle went back to doing her homework anyway. Then Nika came home, and started playing loudly on the chair next to Elle. She never did her homework on her own. Jan never told her to do it either. I had to queue the action for her.



Though I still don't like how Elle looks nothing like what she's supposed to look like, her Sim appearance did really begin to grow on me.


Mariel and Jan kept going off.


Meanwhile, Alar and Elle kept working to keep up with the house.


Alar humored his daughter who loved to get on that chair and pretend that she was royalty.


And the nausea started! Yay, baby on the way!


I had to make Jan start helping with the garden as Alar and Elle just couldn't keep up with it on their own, especially since Elle was st school most of the day.


This pretty white horse wandered onto the lot one day. I really wanted Jan to befriend it. However, the horse would not stay still for one second. Jan couldn't even Watch it as it would run away before he could get in place. Jan would then have to run to get closer to it, but by then the horse had moved again. He did manage to get it to sniff his hand once, but that was the extent of their interaction. I eventually gave up, and had Jan go do something else.


Baby bump!


Nika was invited over to one of her classmate's house. I used to know his name, but the time between when I played this save and now when I'm currently writing it has been so long that I forgot it. Being with her classmate prompted Nika to actually do her homework. However, she demanded she be the one to use the desk while the boy sit on the floor.


Nika then got the opportunity to watch some television for the first time.


They were watching their shows while the boy's mother was downstairs giving birth to another son.


Mareiel's tummy grew quickly. I sent her out into town for the first time so she could get a massage. Up until now, I had been keeping the family at the house as much as possible in order to keep the playing as canon as I could.


Everyone loved having the phonograph on. I would turn it off only to have someone turn it back on seconds later. With Mareiel not around to have woohoo with, Alar decided to do some dancing with Elle.


Mareiel's labor came the next day.


Another baby girl was born! Alar and Mareiel named her Lity.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9