Top Social

Behind the Scenes Special 4


Due to some issues giving me problems, I wasn't able to get enough material ready for a normal update today. So you'll all be getting another Behind the Scenes update today instead! It covers the last of Ellothiel's time in Riverview, her kidnapping arc, and Urelia's side story.

Starting us off is a picture I can't remember for the life of me why I took it, haha. Ellothiel doesn't do a lot of idles, so I must have found this action interesting or something. *shrug*


The hospital beds I used certainly looked nice, but they were certainly some of the most annoying items I have ever used in the game. Everyone who used them suddenly became contortionists.


The only action a Sim could do with the bed without looking ridiculous was Relax. If they tried to watch television or read a book while lying down they instantly turned sideways. It took a lot of creativity and shift clicking to get the pictures of Wesley in the hospital looking right. I did go ahead and build the entire first floor of the hospital for that arc. I also knew I would need a hospital for after Ellothiel's kidnapping arc, so I just went for it as one can never be sure exactly what will be seen or what will need to be shown when taking pictures. It seemed better to get it all done and not have to worry instead of trying to take pictures and realizing I had to stop to edit the building. To make things easier almost all of the rooms were identical. I then allowed the lot to allow visitors so there could be other Sims in the background to make the place appear more lively. Almost all of them went to watch the televisions, leading to the rooms being filled up with Sims the wrong way on the beds.


I made sort of an oopsie when throwing that one pool party. Since I was trying to take pictures with a few particular Sims, I let the rest of the household run about on Free Will. I guess I was overconfident in thinking that they could take care of themselves. They weren't. Naldir refused to get out of the pool. He drowned. Ellothiel's Fishing and Gardening skills were maxed, so I thought it would be faster for her to make ambrosia rather than to reload the game. She was sent fishing for bait right away.


This toad apparently only weighs 0.4kg. Hmm, I don't think so.

Ellothiel got the bait for the deathfish quickly. I already had the gardening ingredients, so that fish was all she needed. However, after three nights of trying to catch the deathfish at the graveyard she just couldn't get it. She was also interrupted by going into labor. Even after giving it a few more night that fish just wasn't biting. Too much time had passed as well. I restarted the game instead to bring Naldir back.


Wesley: "Hi!"

Hi, Wesley.


Wesley had already "died" by this point. He had filled up his number of days, but with him having done a lot of the Athletic achievements I figured he had a bit more time left. I let him putter about for a while, but I did, unfortunately, have to get him out of the way. Before I sent him off to the next great adventure, I made sure he got a bit more bonding time in with his boys.


He and Elemir also did a lot of talking and gave each other many, many hugs. I love how in this shot it looks like Wesley is nomming on Elemir's nose. Their faces aren't actually touching, but the perspective makes it look like it's so.


Then I went ahead and had Wesley Expire. Ellothiel was nearby, and this was her reaction to seeing what was going on.


Maldor: "I could have sworn last night that that portrait was of a creepy witch lady."

He got a bit distracted.


Wesley, understandably, appears a bit concern with his current state. Ellothiel's expressions screams, "Welp, this is just great."


Wesley soon finds that being a ghost isn't all that bad. He finds great fascination with the sparkles surrounding him.


However, he attitude quickly changes when Grimmy shows up. Wesley begins to beg for his life.

I found it very interesting that Ellothiel never cried once during the whole thing. Elemir, Maldor, Naldir, and even the maid were crying their eyes out and letting our yells of grief. Ellothiel only stood there watching with an upset face, not making a peep. I like to think that she really had known this was coming and had already accepted it.


Wesley got something in his eye.


He begs with all his might.


Giving it his all until the very end.


Grimmy isn't swayed though, and gives Wesley no option but to slip into the afterlife. Wesley gets ready to take a jump into his urn. Ellothiel doesn't want to watch.


Maid: "The fudge is wrong with you?"

He doesn't approve of Wesley's jumping technique.


Wesley's final dive. His hands look like oven mitts.


Wesley: "Teehee. I'm in a pot."


But not for long! Lenn comes over to save the day- even though it was the last thing I wanted him to do. The dog barks at Grim, scares his, and convinces him to bring Wesley back to life.


Wesley suddenly reappears,


Looking rather jolly.


Wesley: "Hmm. Yes. More sparkles. Nice"


Wesley: "Uh, wait, what? I'm alive?"


Wesley: "YEEEEEAAAH!"


Sorry cupcake, but you're going to have to die again.

Wesley: "Le gasp!"

That's a fabulous pose there.


I let him and Ellothiel share one more kiss before I used Master Controller to make him died of old age so Lenn couldn't cause any more problems.


I sent Elemir to the cemetery to pick up his tombstone. He ran into Aneviel, Anadien, and the mysterious alien who "took them away." I only moved them out of the household.


Getting everyone together and changing their formal outfits to the appropriate funeral attire was quite the task.


Elemir has some of his daddy's fabulousness in him.


So remember last time when I talked about how I killed off the old Ellothiel after I had the vacation version of her return? I also picked up her urn. I created this basement room for her ghost and Wesley's ghost to hang out in. Of course, I had a totally brain fart when I came up with the idea. I totally forgot that ghost could move between floor levels- meaning this room was useless.


I killed off the old Ellothiel by giving her the Blunt Force Trauma death. I like how her ghostly skin ended up being so similar to the color of the dress she was wearing. She was the first ghost to make an appearance. She went and slept on the other bed in Urelia's room.


I also kept Amonost and Adonnen around in the town even though they had "moved" away. They were at the beach at the same time I sent Ellothiel and family there, so some clever camera positioning was required to keep them out of frame.


I used to download cool outfits with the thought that I would find some reason to use them one day. I never have found a reason to do so. Ellothiel changed into this one after she pregnancy derped. I chose not to reload this outfit and the other ones after my laptop broke since they were just taking up space.



Ghost Ellothiel decides to go wake up Alcarien during the middle of the night to play with her.


She had to examine her first.

Alcarien was probably a bit uncertain if the glowing lady holding her really was her nana or not.


They got along well though.


I tried to take the household and some of Ellothiel's children to the park to get some nice outdoor shots.


However, that plan quickly failed. This random old lady Expired.


Then it was Nonion's time to go as well! At least he got to clear his bladder first.


Ghost Wesley made his first appearance. He took a nap on his bed in the sunroom.


D'aww. He's so cute ^^


Delerith decided it would be a good idea to take some dirty plates to school.


Rainbow! I love rainbows.


Wesley and Silas actually got along pretty well. I made them their own little room to hang out in on the lot where I made Ellothiel's kidnapped room. Wesley listened patiently to all of Silas' insane rambling.


So this almost happened. I had sent Ellothiel to bed in her kidnapped room, so I zoomed over to take a look at how things were going in the normal household. I discovered that Eloril and Ghost Ellothiel had initiated a woohoo session with each other. Quickly cancelled that.


Ellothiel liked clipping into this sink.


She also liked dunking herself in her bath water.


Here is a family portrait of sorts. We've got Eloril, Ellothiel, Andethil, Rynania, adult Urelia, and little Urelia.


Here is Andethil, Rynania, and Urelia standing on the lot where I made Rynania and Urelia's grove, Brona Calad, Ellothiel's nursery, and the clearing Urelia and Ellothiel went to.


This is them after I leveled the lot so I could actually build the buildings I needed.


I needed a baby that would be guaranteed to have blonde hair to use for the shot of Urelia holding the infant Ellothiel. To get that baby in the fastest way with the least amount of headaches involved, I went ahead and used Master Controller to make an instant baby using Eloril and Ellothiel as the parents -.- This is the girl that was "born."


She was only used for that one shot though as her eyes were blue, and I had a copy of the actual toddler Ellothiel to use instead.


This is her as a child. I tried to age her up to a teen, but she got struck by that glitch where the birthday aging up action cancels itself as soon as it starts. Not in the mood for dealing with the glitch, I sent her away.


Urelia wasn't a happy camper that day. She got stuck in the ground, buildings were constantly changing, and babies were randomly appearing and getting older. It was all rather chaotic.


Andethon wonders what's going on with uncle Eloril.

Speaking of Andethon, he is another character from Ellothiel's fanfiction- "Remember Me". He is a ranger who lives in the town closest to Imladris. The upcoming passage details his and Ellothiel's first meeting. Ellothiel has snuck away from Imladris to look for Estel, who went to visit Mirkwood, but was late in his return. Of course, Estel isn't actually in the town. It is around lunchtime, and Ellothiel is hungry. She lies to an outdoor food vendor that her brother is around but that they've gotten separated when he asks why she's alone. He tells her to get some money of a fountain so she can purchase some of the meat he's selling. People put money into the fountain to get a wish, and those who need spare change are able to take what they need out. Ellothiel is four-years-old at this time.

She ran off towards the fountain, the structure being further away than she anticipated. Water ran from the top of the decorated pillar to fall into a middle pool, which then continually overflowed to fill the wide base. Ellothiel peered into the gently moving ripples. The sun shone through the water to glitter strongly off a plethora of differently colored coins lying at the bottom. Ellothiel rolled up her sleeve to pluck out the three bronze ones she quickly spotted. However, she barely stuck her arm in the water before someone once again appeared next to her and called her out.
“What are you doing?” the deep voice asked.
Ellothiel turned to find a strangely familiar man with dark hair and gray eyes standing right beside her. She had to wonder how he had gotten so close without her noticing.
“Getting money.” Ellothiel answered rather shortly.
She was hungry and didn’t want to be distracted again. The man, however, took no offense and kept speaking.
“That money is for people who need it, and, with a dress like what you’re wearing, you’re no poor man’s daughter.” he pointed out, casually sitting next to her.
“I’m getting money so I can buy food from there,” Ellothiel pointed to the vendor in irritation, “Because I can’t find my brother who has our things.”
“Your brother, huh?” the man continued when Ellothiel plunged her arm back into the water, “What’s your brother’s name?”
Ellothiel didn’t answer. She was tired of random people asking her questions. After grabbing the required money, she stood up quickly and began to walk away.
“Your dress is of elven make. That means you’re from Rivendell, am I correct?” the man suddenly said.
That got Ellothiel’s attention. She stopped in her tracks and found herself facing the man once more. He was looking at her earnestly.
“My name is Andethon. I’d really like to know your brother’s.” he asked again.
             A moment of silence passed as Ellothiel considered whether or not to answer. She looked more properly at Andethon, and realized the familiarity she felt from him came from his resemblance to Estel. They looked nothing alike aside from both having dark hair and gray eyes. No, it was the air about them. The air of there being something more, something noble and deep hidden behind the eyes she was so used to staring into.


I got in the mood to try all of her family's hairstyles on Ellothiel. This one is her with her hospital hair in her normal dress though.


Urelia's hair.


Rynania's hair.


Elrundir's hair.

I forgot to take one of her with Eloril's style. That'll be one for next time.


This is why I hate long dresses and Pose Player.


I wasn't paying attention, so I was really surprised when I saw Eloril like this. He apparently got struck by lightning.


Aaaand that's where we'll end it this time! Sadly enough, the next time there is one of these it will cover the Riverview arc all the way through the end of the epilogue. It's bittersweet to be getting so close to the end, but there is still so much more ground to cover. Thanks to everyone for sticking around up till now. See ya!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9