Top Social

Success


My desire to visit Eleme had been strong for some time, but it took me longer than I liked to get the chance to see her. Eleme was just so busy with work, and with her schedule being ridiculously sporadic it was difficult to pin down an appropriate time for me to pop by. One calm afternoon finally came to her though. Her husband was out, but I was glad just seeing her and little Jasen. While Jasen does have Eleme's dark skin and hair and our family's green eyes, it's clear as day that he takes after his father when it comes to the structure of his face. Jasen is a quiet fellow, but you can understand by his expressions that he understands a lot more than his soft demeanor lets on.


I had to ask if Eleme had a desire for any more children. Eleme laughed a bit, and said she's not like me. She doesn't see her future containing more children. She can barely handle one, let alone more. Eleme didn't understand how I could do it. I laughed too. Honestly, I had no idea myself sometimes as to how I manage everything. I also said it was perfectly fine for Eleme to not want more children. She was getting older after all. It was more important to focus on living the amazing life she has now instead of thinking of ways to shake that peaceful life up. Eleme eventually got around to asking how I was doing. Great, was my response. The positive high from my vacation had worn off, but I still felt refreshed and complacent. Eleme was relieved.


Ris and I celebrated her birthday quietly after the other children left for school. I was excited the day had finally come. Mostly that was since it allowed Ray and I to get along better. Not that we didn't like each other previously. He remembered almost nothing of our time together, and on top of getting me pregnant, he felt horrible that he had been such a bother. With me being like I had been before I left for the vacation, I don't fault him that he didn't come around more often. Now the two of us have forged a better friendship, and Ray comes around a lot more. We're both proud of our absolutely stunning little girl. She's a sight to behold with my fair hair, her blue eyes, and those adorable freckles.


As if to make my life even better, the Goddess blessed her with such a pleasant personality. It's hard to catch Ris not in a good mood. I suppose one of the only two annoyances I can even slightly complain about is that she laughs a little too much sometimes. Ris will just start giggling for no apparent reason. The other annoyance is that Ris loves to play inside the toybox. This means she'll dump everything out and hide inside. I've even found her sleeping in there several times. At least it makes it easy to keep track of her.


Wesley and I had decided on a general date and time at which he would come over after he was officially moved into his new place here in Twinbrook, but I was so busy I honestly almost completely forgot about it. The doorbell rang, and I stood there in confusion for a split second at why the man on my porch looked a little too happy to be there. Then my heart leapt for joy when my brain started working right again. Wesley stepped inside as he began saying something of a 'hello', but he took one look at me and burst out into laughter. The goofball couldn't even get a hold of himself so that he could speak. Wesley had to simply point at my clothes instead. Then I remembered he was not used to seeing me this way at all.


I rolled my eyes at him, but I was amused. Such an entrance from his was something to be expected. He finally did calm down, and we greeted each other properly with a big hug. I wanted desperately to hold on longer. However, Emethien and Nora, who were at the dining table doing their homework, were staring curiously at the two of us. I must admit, it was weird for me to see Wesley here like he was as well. He definitely wasn't quite the same person as he had been in Islo Paradiso either. It took a while for the reality that he was actually in my house to sink in. What were had planned was truly happening. It was somewhat difficult to accept.


The two of us didn't have very long to catch up. Emethien and Nora really were too curious about the man who had walked into our house. They knew who he was considering I had told them a decent amount of what happened on the islands, but him being in front of them in person was much different. I was hesitant that Wesley would be unsure around my children and grandchild. However, he got along with them fabulously. The three of them began such a engaged conversation that I think Wesley even forgot I was right there. It was just as well though. Ris had started to cry which required me to get her.

Wesley joined us for dinner where he got to meet Nonion, Elrandra, and Ris as well. He ended up staying most of the evening. The children had a ton of fun trying to teach him some elvish. I hadn't spoken any on the vacation, and Wesley became rather lost since elvish is what all of us are used to speaking at home. He managed to get a few words down by the time he left.


Wesley and I have pretty much talked everyday since our separation. We were able to meet in person now to talk and realize enough time had passed and that Ris was old enough for us to go ahead with our plan. Wesley demanded that he take me on a proper date first since it would be the last opportunity we would get to act in such a manner. I agreed, and wore in my finest dress per his instructions. He laughed again when he saw it, but I think it was mostly out of amazement. The twins, Nora, and Ris were left in Nonion's capable hands for the evening. As soon as Wesley and I stepped onto the porch where we were finally alone, the old desires flared up powerfully. Wesley and I began kissing without caring if there was anyone around to spot us. We had to force ourselves apart though. Otherwise, we would be too overcome and end up at the finale before the date even really began.


Unfortunately, the date never got the chance to happen. At least, it didn't happen according to the plan Wesley and I came up with. We arrived at the restaurant where our reservation was at to find out that a moderate kitchen fire, which had only just been put out, had closed the establishment for the next few days. It was bad news as that was the only truly nice place to eat in town. There was only the greasy diner left. Wesley and I struggled to come up with a suitable option. In the end, we got over how silly it would look to grab some food at the festival wearing what we were wearing and had a decent meal.

Then we took a seat on the swings in the quiet corner of the park. It wasn't the most romantic thing in the world, but it was highly enjoyable sitting there and talking. It was especially wonderful to hear how great Wesley was doing. His nice, new little place was only several minutes away from our house. It was also close to the stadium where he now worked. His managerial position at the sports store had allowed him to switch to a managerial position there. According to what Wesley told me, his main job is making sure all the equipment is looked after properly and maintained. He does a few odd things here and there as well. Wesley said it was amazing fun getting to work in such a place with such an energetic atmosphere. He had also gotten the chance to meet Eleme as well.

He and I remained at the park for a while longer before we went into the lounge. We almost had the whole place to ourselves. We danced, had some drinks, and played some of the bar games. I was surprised when I realized the date was already pushing two hours.


It even continued on for a good time after that realization as well. However, that time passed quickly and Wesley and I were in my bedroom before I knew it. The children were all sound asleep, so there was little to worry about from them. The two of us weren't in a rush. We laid there for a long time simply cuddling and enjoying the presence and touch of the other. 

It was when we started moving towards the act when there was a small moment of conflict though. I could tell by the way Wesley was speaking that he was under the impression we could continue to meet like this in the future. I had to stop his advances and make it crystal clear that this was the last time. It was the last time we could be romantic in any way. It was the last time we could sleep together. All we could be from now on was friends- we couldn't even be friends with benefits. If Wesley couldn't handle that, then we had to stop right here and give up on the plan.

It was hard watching Wesley struggle greatly as he had to accept the truth again. He knew this had to be the last time as well unless we wanted to lose control, and he came to accept that after a minute more of contemplation. Wesley said that this night was going to have to last a very long while then.

And it did.


However, it was tough seeing Wesley in the several weeks that followed that night. It was hard to make the shift to what we had to be from what we had been. Falling back into our old habits was very easy, and it was difficult breaking away when we only wanted to be near the other. Thus, we had to avoid each other for a while until we had the proper willpower to control our urges. We learned over time how to just be friends. Although it was a bittersweet change, I was glad things were working out. It wasn't as if I had lost Wesley. He was still right there. He could still hold me as long as it was a normal hug. We could continue to meet, and I was able to keep talking to him about the things I couldn't talk to anyone else about.

Though Wesley and I couldn't be romantic in any way anymore, there was some romance floating about the house. Some puppy love kind of romance, to be exact. It came to my attention both Emethien and Nora had fallen for boys in their classes. Emethien was constantly bringing over this boy called Sam. I thought at first that they were just friends. Then I happened to spot hearts around Sam's name that Emethien had written into her notebook when I was checking her homework. Then the things like her spending more time with him than she did Elrandra began to make sense.


Nora and Elliot were much more overt about their relationship. Elliot was over just as often as Sam was, and he and Nora were always playing together. Nora came up to tell me one day that Elliot had proposed to her by way of giving her a toy ring. She reassured me that I didn't have to worry though. She and him were willing to wait at least until middle school before they got married. I found the whole thing amusing and adorable.

However, it did force me to have to talk seriously to Nora about topics I would normally wait a bit later to discuss. I just didn't want to take the risk of delaying too long with her considering she was the result of a teenage pregnancy. According to the statistics I've seen, that apparently increases her risk of having a child at that age herself. I wanted her to be well-informed so she could make better choices for herself. Thankfully, I don't feel like I have to worry all that much. Nora was very willing to listen to me- unlike her father. She dealt with everything we talked about in a surprisingly responsible and mature manner.


I was in absolute ecstasy when I discovered I was pregnant. With all we had done that night, it wasn't surprising in the slightest that the job had been done. Honestly, I would have let Wesley try again and again until we got what we wanted though despite my initial condition of him only having once chance. My happiness rubbed off onto Ris when I went to get her up that morning. I played with her all day so I could distract myself from how fidgety I was waiting for Wesley to get off work. There was no way I was going to tell him of the news through any other way than in person. It was my turn to laugh when he finally came over and heard the news. He was so overjoyed he was acting as if he had no idea what was happening.


When a few more weeks passed and my pregnancy had progressed enough, the two of us went together to the hospital for the first ultrasound. Though I know it was technically my body's fault, we found out at that appointment that Wesley had done his job a little too well. I was pregnant with twin boys. I had hoped for a boy and a girl when I learned I would be having two children, but then I realized how nice it was going to be having two little Wesleys running around. Nonion was the most thrilled out of the children to hear of the results. Hew would graduate shortly after the birth of his brothers, but he would indeed have little brothers in the house for at least a tiny bit.


Our lawn became absolutely covered in the autumn leaves as the weeks continued to roll on by. I gave up on us trying to rake them all, and rationalized that letting them decay on the ground would be good fertilizer for the garden when spring came around.

The passing weeks also brought along the birthday of my current set of twins. It was no surprise when Elrandra continued her hobby of painting. However, calling it only a hobby isn't quite right anymore. Now it has become her true passion. She is constantly in that sun room working on her next creation.


Emethien was making her own creations as well, but in a much different manner. Her birthday brought along with it a sudden desire of inventing. The only thing she wanted for a present was a workbench. I hesitated since the workbench was large and would be messy. We did have the extra bedroom where we could place it though, and Emethien promised to keep everything clean. I went ahead and got it for her then. It can be somewhat annoying to have so much noise coming from that room now, but then Emethien will come out with some neat toy she has made that Ris loves and I forget I was ever annoyed in the first place.


Similar to how Wesley and I called each other almost everyday, Wesley now comes over almost everyday. There was still some slight difficulty with us being only friends, but we managed to adjust much better to our new relationship. It's amusing though for when we happen to be out in public together and others will think we are a couple. I don't mind since it's to be completely expected what with me being pregnant with Wesley's child and the way Wesley hovers around me. His worries more than he needs to, but I'll admit that it's nice being so spoiled. He rarely left my side when we took the family to the fall festival. I think Wesley was addicted to feeling the boys kick.


I had to sit down constantly since my belly had naturally grown a lot with me carrying two children. I didn't mind this time that I couldn't do much but watch the children play games. Doing that itself was entertaining enough. Nonion tried to play the one game Eleme attempted to teach me that long time ago. Nonion wasn't any better than I had been. He ultimately ended up winning though, but only because his opponent was even worse than he was.


I sat Ris on my lap and she and I along with Emethien watched Wesley and Elrandra participate in the pie-eating contest. It was the two of them and one elderly lady. Wesley tried to persuade me to join, saying with me being pregnant and constantly hungry that I could easily win, but you will never catch me doing one of those contests. Ever. Wesley shrugged off my rejection. To be honest, it was sort of scary watching them eat those pies like wild animals. Elrandra would pop up to breathe, and it looked like an axe had been taken to her face. Wesley, on the other hand, so rarely stopped for air that I feared he had passed out right in his pastry. He was the winner. He gave me the prize of several pies though considering that him looking at them made him sick.


I wasn't the happiest person when my labor started in the middle of the night only an hour after I had managed to fall asleep due to bad back pain keeping me up. I called Wesley, who was quick to come over. Then we had a rapid, heated debate. I had told Wesley long ago that, save for the extreme occasions, I always gave birth at home. He had been fine with the idea until I was actually about to give birth to our sons. Then he became terrified everything that could possibly go wrong would go wrong. I was in so much pain and Wesley was frightened that I relented for that one time. Wesley took me to the hospital so I could deliver there.

However, the nurses, doctor, and I did not get along well. I refused to let them do half the things they would normally do. I barely consented to them hooking the monitoring equipment up to me. They thought I was absolutely ridiculous, and I thought they were frustrating with their looks that clearly revealed they thought they knew more than me about how my labor would go. After going through labor 66 times, I feel as if I have fair insight into what's going to happen and how to handle it. The boys were born in the early morning. The staff became even madder with me when I demanded we be let out only a few hours later. I knew there was no real need to stick around any longer than that. I think they only relented so they could get rid of me, and Wesley apologized for actually make things more difficult for me by taking us there.

Everything became cheerful and actually relaxing when we brought Amonost and Adonnen home. I had told Wesley that he could name one of the twins, and that he didn't have to give him an elvish name if he preferred something else. Wesley insisted that he choose an elvish name though. Up until now, I have given every one of my children a name from my culture. He didn't want to break that tradition. That's why he and I worked together to decide on Amonost, and I picked another "A" name to go along with it. Wesley took a week off work so he could stay over and help with our twins. With his assistance and willingness to do everything our boys needed, those first few weeks were refreshingly easy.


Nonion always took over when Wesley wasn't around. It actually wasn't that far-fetched to think he loved Amonost and Adonnen almost as much as Wesley did. Nonion was just that excited to finally have little brothers. He teased me about failing his last year of school so he could stay around longer in the house, but he was so close to graduation that even failing every assignment he had left wouldn't be enough. And of course, Nonion completed everything normally anyway. His birthday came, and he graduated with great grades. We all wished him luck as he took his first steps into the adult world......
2 comments on "Success"
  1. Ris is so adorable that it's criminal. And I had to laugh at Nora and Elliot saying they'd wait at least until middle school to get married. At least. *snicker*

    Twin boys! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! Im happy they had two boys :D
    cant wait to see the two little Wesleys

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9