Top Social

Simple Joys


I don't think it has struck me until this day of just how much time has past since I left home. Some days it feels as if I have only just left, and on others I wonder if that life was nothing but a dream. Then I look at the child in front of me. Elrun's birthday has come, and he aged up into a beautiful little boy.

It was strange to me to see how fast he has grown. I know all parents think their children grow up too fast, but it is especially true in my case. If Elrunamir was a full elf, he would still be a newborn. By the time he reaches adulthood, this supposed elf counterpart of his would still be a toddler. It scares me to think that one day will come where he will be an old man while I will look no older than I do today. He will pass before me. All children I bear here will. I wish there could be something I could do to change that, but reality is cruel. Perhaps having to watch the children that I love slowly pass into oblivion is even crueler than this entire task.

I still have no money to buy Elrun some more toys. He says he is fine with the teddy bear and Lala, but I'm not fine with it. When I think back to my own childhood and how much I had, I can't help but to feel as if I'm failing miserably. My stomach has also gotten much larger. The next child will be arriving soon, and things will only get harder. I am going to do all that I can though. Our situation might be tough at the moment, but someday luck will fall upon us.


It feels nice to have someone else sitting at the table with me. I admit I had gotten used to eating alone so I found it strange to see Elrun across from me. I hope he doesn't notice the times I take brief moments just to look at him. I really cannot just get over how much of an amazing child he has turned out to be. Since I don't have enough money to purchase a bed for him, he has been staying in my bed with me. He hasn't said anything about it. Maybe he really doesn't think anything of it or maybe he doesn't want to make me feel bad. I don't know.

Monday came, and it was his first day of school. Obviously, my own education was much different than the human schools here. I had no idea what they are like. I've heard from others around that the school system here is good. I hope Elrun will be alright. He has his bad moments like any other child, but overall he's sweet and willing to help. I don't think he'll have trouble making friends.


He left, and not too much later I went into labor for a second time. The experience was a little bit better this time around. The pain was just as bad as before, but now I knew what to expect and how to deal with it. I am glad that Elrun was away during all of it. After all of my hard work, I was rewarded with a beautiful daughter. Since I named Elrun after my father, I decided it was only proper to name this child after my mother, Urelia. My daughter shall be called Ureliel.

Elrun was certainly in shock when he arrived home. He had been wanting to tell me all about his first day, but when he walks in the door he finds he has a new sister. Thankfully, Ureliel needed a nap right away. I put her in the crib so Elrun could tell me all about school. Things started off well, and that made me glad.


Now that I know what it's like to take care of an infant, I know how to schedule my time. I have been able to paint more the past couple days. I made enough to get Elrun the toy oven he had wanted for a long time.

Even though it is just a little thing, the two of us had a wonderful dinner from the muffins he made......
2 comments on "Simple Joys"
  1. Elrun is such a sweet little kid and I'm sure Urielel will be just the same with the mamma she has! :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9