Top Social

Pressured


Sind is an incredibly doting father. Griselda gushes to me all the time about him and how he is so wonderful. I simply smile and listen when she goes on and on. I know how he is. He has grown up quite responsible because of that little fiasco he caused. Sind also has lots of experience helping to care for his younger siblings so it's no wonder taking care of Galir comes naturally to him. I am truly glad I get to witness his and Griselda's transitions into parents first-hand. One more of my wishes has finally been fulfilled.


I came out of the nursery one day to see the dining table was full with everyone trying to get work done. I realized that though the table was full it wasn't even the whole family sitting there. A suddenly distinct lack of space became very noticeable.

I began contemplating expanding the house again. We were stuffed to capacity. Calun even had to share my bed with me. Ithilas and Galir are still young and will be in the nursery for some time, but they will need beds eventually. What was I supposed to do then? I was just about to talk to Sind and Griselda about the idea of the expansion when another realization hit me. There was no need for one. I completely forgot that Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth won't be living in the house for much longer, and Navinai will graduate soon after them as well. There will be four spaces bittersweetly becoming available after that time.

I saw then that I have to be more careful than before about becoming pregnant. I have no idea if or when Sind and Griselda will have another child of their own that room will have to be made for. I didn't think of this complication when we decided they would stay.


Speaking of complications, I have one named Nigel Clemens.

I was feeling restless being cooped up at the house all day, and for once taking a walk was the last thing I wanted to do. Circling the neighborhood can only be interesting so many times. I then decided to do something I've never done before- go the gym. I've entered the gyms in the towns I've lived in previously, but I haven't used their facilities for myself. I wanted to see what using the equipment was actually like. I mostly stuck to the treadmill. It was alright though I do prefer being outside more. I wasn't there for too long before I felt a gaze upon me. I looked to see a very well-tone man just standing there watching. He refused to stop staring.


I was forced to stop my work-out to tell him to go away. He replied saying the gym was a public place. If I didn't want anyone staring I should have stayed at home. Besides, he wasn't doing anything harmful. I had no power to tell him to stop. I revealed it was making me very uncomfortable. Why, he asked. With the way I get around, him simply staring should be the last thing making me uneasy. I should be welcoming it, actually.

I fear I have gained a bit of a reputation again. It's only natural that I have, but it's not like I sleep with men that often. I only do it when I need a child. Mostly. There was that period of time in the little house where stress and boredom persuaded me into calling on my acquaintances. Mr. Clemens said it was a child, and a child with me, he wanted when I asked what his intentions were. I instantly refused. If he thought this attitude appealed to me he was sorely mistaken. He then thought physical touch would appeal better- as if his toned figure against mine would flip a switch that would make me suddenly desire him. I quickly pulled away. I could have easily knocked his lights out, but I didn't want to start anything violent.

Mr. Clemens persisted for a few more seconds. Alphonso, who was nearby, came over to help me drive off the unwanted annoyance. He left surprisingly willingly, but I knew it was not the last I would be seeing of him. I invited Alphonso over for dinner so he could see Ithilas again. However, his presence also reassured me on what would have otherwise been a walk home alone where anything could have happened.


Lomenia, Lithaldoren, Lueth, and Navinai went on a field trip. It was apparently to the cemetery where the class explored the old, dangerous catacombs. I need to read those permission slips more carefully. Anyway, they came back saying they had all been given seeds as a souvenir. They naturally couldn't be bothered planting and taking care of them, so they asked me to add them to my garden instead. I chose to agree. With Griselda's help, it would be no problem to keep up with a mere four more seeds. The yard looked quite nice now that it was trimmed with plants full of ripe fruits and vegetables. Our meals tasted much better as well.


Lithaldoren is the only one out my teens who decided to get a part-time job. I thought this was a very good thing. Otherwise, Lithaldoren has a habit of sitting around the house and brooding about various random things. He has perked up considerably since he started working at the police station. His main job involves patrolling around the neighborhood to make sure nothing bad is going on. Lithaldoren has to do this even in the harsh rain though, which means he comes home quite sniffly sometimes.


Sind and Griselda helped me to celebrate Ithilas' special day after the other children left for school. Alphonso came over during his lunch break to see him. His fair hair had been obvious, but those purple eyes popped up again. This only makes me more confident someone on my side truly did have them. They suit Ithilas well.


I wonder if I really will have another grandchild in the house before too long. It seems Sind and Griselda are thinking of having another. Time is of the essence for them too. It is sweet but embarrassing when I accidentally spot them together in small moments of passion. Their desire remains strong though they are now both well middle-aged. The two did marry rather late, but it doesn't look like that's slowing them down any.


I cleared up one of my evenings so I could devote it solely to Calun and I spending that time together. I try to do things with him when I can, but it's hard coming up with ideas since he has no specific interests. He likes going to the bistro for sure though. He always jumps up and down in excitement whenever I suggest the idea. We always get discounted meals because of Melui working there, which works out great. Calun orders the same wrap each time. I make those wraps at home too, but I try not to make them very often. He would eat nothing else if I didn't.


We were having such a wonderful time, but of course he had to show up. Calun and I were done with our meal, but we couldn't get away fast enough from Mr. Clemens. It was more irritating when I noticed he clearly came here with a formulated plan. Why else would he have an expensive bouquet of roses and be dressed up so nicely? I barely got the chance to move away when he practically shoved the flowers in my face. I wonder if he did some poking around to learn that my favorite color is lilac, or if the purple flowers were mere coincidence. Mr. Clemens seemed to believe that by coming up to me in such a manner that everything would be made right between us and I would give him what he wanted.

He was wrong again. I refused the flowers, and told him we were going home.


When he refused to let us leave, my shy Calun bravely stood up to tell the man three times his size to stop bothering us. He was ruining our nice evening, and he wasn't a nice man. That set Mr. Clemens off. He demeaned Calun harshly. He acted as if he wasn't even a person- that he was more like a disobedient animal. I went ahead and pushed him then. I wouldn't stand him bullying my child for one second.


Mr. Clemens finally realized he was making himself into the bad guy. The other people eating at the bistro were all staring at us. He apologized so profusely that I almost believed he was sincere. Almost. I forgave him even though I wanted to slap him instead. I did it more because of the others watching than actually wanting to forgive him. I made sure Calun stayed close to me as we departed for home.


The following weeks leading up to Galir's birthday passed somewhat peacefully. Mr. Clemens found ways to request his request again. He has offered no solid conclusion as to why he wants a child with me. I can only reason his purpose simply is to sleep with me, and he's that wanting to do so that he will give me a child for the opportunity. It's not as if I haven't slept with worse men, but the way he's going about the whole thing puts me on edge.

I pushed him out of my mind when it did become time for Galir's celebration. I have passed my fair hair down to him, but he has brown eyes that Griselda says are her mother's. I was worried she might be saddened Galir does not look more like her, but it appeared I worried for nothing. Griselda has no issue with his appearance at all. She only loves him unconditionally as she should.


I felt a weird power come over me. I turned to see strange lights emanating from Navinai to surround me. She explained she was testing out her powers. She wanted to see what they would do and how they worked. That was all well and good, I said, but perhaps she could give me some notice instead of testing out her unknown abilities on me without any sort of help around if something went poorly? Navinai asked how was she supposed to tell if she could use her powers discretely if she gave warning beforehand?

Fair enough, I answered.


The day came where the amount of bodies in this household would shrink drastically. It was Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth's birthday, and the time to say goodbye. It feels like both an eternity and a split second since they were born. I am truly happy to see how far they have come, and how much all that hard work has paid off.

Lomenia seems to have been inspired by me, and now desires to have a big family of her own. She has thankfully planned to wait a little while though. She knows she needs a husband first of all, and Lomenia wants to have more savings before she has any children. Sind has given her a lot of tips and lessons on how to make her way as a painter.


There's no surprise when it comes to Lithaldoren. He is going to continue his work at the police station. Now that he is an adult he has been given more important work to do, and there's the training that's preparing him for the test he'll be able to take soon to become a full-fledged police officer.


Lueth joined a profession I didn't even know existed- ghost hunting. I'd be more concerned for her if the job didn't fit her so perfectly. If anyone can make money doing such a thing, it's Lueth.

Unfortunately, I could not spare much money to help the triplets out with buying a place. They decided to pool all their money together so they could get a nice house that they would share for the time being instead of living separately.


With them gone and Navinai's birthday approaching, I wanted to have a child soon in case Sind and Griselda came to me with more news of their own. However, there was currently a distinct lack of available single men in Sunset Valley at the moment. I wasn't sure where to look. Navinai and Calun had head off to school, and Sind and Griselda had taken Ithilas and Galir to the park to play so I could rest for a bit. Rest was not what I got at all. The ringing of the doorbell ruined that.

Logic should make it easy to guess who was there. I chose to let Mr. Clemens in. I chose to accept his flowers this time. He hadn't been as pushy recently as he had been that one evening even though he never let up in pressuring me.


I considered that his strong will might have been placed there by the Goddess. Perhaps there is a reason I am supposed to have a child with this man. It may also be why there were no other options in terms of men open to me. Then again, perhaps it is just me reading all too deeply into this situation. It's not like I can tell what is true and what is not. I allowed my reservations to be swept away though as I lead Mr. Clemens into the bedroom. I will find out that truth one way or the other in the end......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9