Top Social

Daughter


It was prom time for the teenagers. Elrelas, Henduil, Silmalad, and Alyan all pooled their spare money together in order to rent a limousine to pick up their dates and take them to the prom. What they got wasn't quite what the expected though. The limousine that picked them up had its heating brake earlier in the day. Since all the other limousines were booked for that day, the company only had the broken one left. The boys had to wear jackets and warmer clothes over their suits as they reluctantly got into the vehicle. The company refunded them a large percentage of their money, but naturally, they still weren't happy with the situation. Things eventually picked up for them at the dance though. Elrelas even won prom king.


It was not long after that prom night when the terrible kind of news came again. This time it was Riviel who had passed on. It truly feels like yesterday that the whole situation with her, Thrin, and Linn happened. The little girl I brought up in this house is nowhere to be found. Part of me wants to run away from here, to escape. However, my time in Aurora Skies is not over. For whatever reason, something more has to be done. Each day that passes I cam beginning to feel more stretched and worn down though. Hopefully, the feeling will go away or something will change.


Little Rieldir's birthday did help improve my mood. Seeing him smile so effortlessly, having him cling to me, and just being on the receiving end of so much love is such a blessing. It seems my fate really is to continually have adorable mini-me's running about the house. Rieldir didn't even inherit Andie's dark skin tone.


As you might imagine, this lead to quite the problem with Andie. It's one I haven't faced in some time, but one I knew would pop up again eventually. Andie saw Rieldir and refused to believe that he was his. He was furious at me. Andie accused me of trying to cheat him out of his money, even though he'd never given me any nor had I ever asked for a dime. After taking out his anger at me, Andie tried to to leave. Ada and Eloril blocked him at the door. I knew I had seconds before a fistfight would break out.

I managed to calm Andie enough to talk to him alone for just one more minute. I made a deal with him. All he had to do was take a paternity test. I wouldn't bother him until the results came in, and though I knew they would show Andie the truth, I also promised him I would never bother him again if they came back negative. Andie agreed and took the test. He was very embarrassed when he saw I hadn't been lying. I explained to him about my theory about my genes, and showed him pictures of my previous children and their fathers who looked nothing alike to prove to him further I was not trying to swindle him.

Andie apologized and accepted Rieldir. Unfortunately, things remain rather awkward between him, ada, and Eloril.


I got into wishing mode again. I met Mr. Bradley Mullen at just the right time. I was walking by when he fell off the ladder he was standing on while trying to paint his house. It wasn't a long fall, and he didn't get hurt, but of course I went over to help him anyway. My help soon led to talking, the talking to flirting, and then the flirting to you know what. I prayed so intensely during every second of our time together that he would be the one to give me a little girl.


The weekend came around. It had just finished snowing, and the boys had gotten back from school. They wanted to spend the afternoon at the second beach by the cliffs, so I let them delay their homework for the night. I sent some salmon I bought from the store with them so that they could even grill the fish for dinner. It was when it was getting late and I was getting worried that the five of them asked if they could spend the night in the igloo they had built.


I told them it was alright, as long as ada and Eloril could be convinced to stay with them as well. The two were surprisingly excited at the prospect. From what I heard the next day, one igloo was not enough. Three more had to built in order to accommodate everyone. I'm sure the beach was quite a sight that night for anyone passing by. Silmalad and Garthon tried to convince me to join everyone else. I declined politely. I really do prefer my own bed if it is available. Besides, someone had to watch over Rieldir and I didn't want him out in the cold and snow all night.


It's interesting how I ended up getting yet again the best present on Snowflake Day. I had had an ultrasound scheduled for the previous day, but the doctors had to cancel for some kind of technical emergency. They called me back to offer me a slot very early the next morning. I took it willingly. Everyone else was still asleep when I left the house. Then only ada was awake when I came back. He was the first one to hear the good news. My wish had finally come true. I was having a baby daughter. Ada was just as excited as I was. I was so incredibly happy I couldn't even cry. That's how intense my joy was.


I got to reveal the news to the rest of the family in person when our annual gift-giving party started. The only one who was disappointed was Garthon, because he wanted another little brother. I told him he would have another one eventually. That cheered him up, and the party went on smoothly from there.


Both Eloril and Alyan received rainbow lights as one of their presents. The two didn't want them, so naturally I snatched them away. Ada and Eloril chuckled and shook their heads at me, but I paid them no mind. The lights might look ridiculous with all three of them on my dresser, but I can't help but like them.


I thought it would feel like eternity until my daughter was born, but the days passed surprisingly quickly. Labor was upon me before I knew it. I gave birth to Cirabel right around dinnertime. I finally cried from happiness then. I simply couldn't believe I had been given my wish. That stretched and worn down feeling I've had for so long vanished as soon as I laid eyes of my baby girl. I didn't let go of Cirabel all night.


Well, my math was a bit wrong, but that's no surprise. It's never been a strong talent of mine. Rieldir's birthday came before the quads instead of after. I figured that's perfectly fine since the timing works out well anyway. After Elrelas, Henduil, Silmalad, and Alyan leave, I'll still have three children in the house. There will also be space to add one more in their near future. 

Four is also a good number that I can handle on my own. Ada and Eloril have said it's time to start thinking about the day of their departure. I wish now that they didn't have to leave, but it's something that can't be avoided. Instead, I think about how helpful they've been. They've given me so much love and confidence that I'll be able to last for quite a long time to come.


Then the fated moment came. Elrelas, Henduil, Silmalad, and Alyan's birthday arrived. Time has gone by way too fast. I was so busy trying to keep up with all four of them that they grew up in the blink of an eye. At least I can rest easy knowing they've turned out to be responsible, determined young men. Elrelas wants to become involved in politics, and so something about the populous stray animals in the town. Henduil wants to be a painter and writer, Silmalad is pursuing a career in science, and Alyan has joined the military. The four found a good house in town to share for the moment.

I gave them all a tight hug and said goodbye when it was time for them to go. Then I turned around and said hello to the now quiet, much emptier, house......
1 comment on "Daughter"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9