Top Social

Caught Up


As just happens some days, both Serith and Tirith's changing hormones were running rampant on the same day. It made for a rather unpleasant atmosphere between the two of them. I heard from Renduil and Rion when the four of them got home from school that my girls had been bickering with each other all day during class. I should have known it was coming, but that tension grew into one huge argument. Tirith started it off by making the wonderful decision to steal Serith's homework and copy it instead of doing the work herself.


Naturally, Serith was incredibly angry when she found out. Tirith, however, thought she had done nothing wrong. The noise of their fighting caught the attention of the rest of us. I separated the two of them as well as made Tirith erase all her answers and start over. Cheating on school work is something I have absolutely no tolerance for. Despite how angry the two of them were, they somehow managed to cool down and make up before dinner came around.


The entire incident was completely forgotten by the time the weekend came around. I assume Serith and Tirith were so willing to put it behind because prom was right around the corner. Both sets of my twins prepared for it, but Tirith was the only one who really looked around to find a date. The other three considered it, but weren't all that concerned if they found anyone or not. It was a big deal for Tirith though. In the end, she asked her classmate Garrick Patton to go with her. He said yes. However, I haven't been able to find out if Tirith actually likes this boy or if she was simply desperate. I suppose it doesn't make too much of a difference as long as she doesn't lead the poor boy on it turns out she isn't attracted to him.


Ortherion's birthday came around on the first day of winter. While he does have my eyes and ears, he at least has Leroi's hair color. Every little bit of variance helps I suppose, though the house is still full of fair-haired persons.

Despite the numerous amounts of headaches I have from having two sets of twins in the house at the same time, having them as well as ada and Eloril to help with Ortherion really takes a lot of pressure off of me. There are some days where I barely have to do anything at all. It's been quite a while since I've had it so easy. I only hope I don't get spoiled in the future though by not having to take charge over things now like potty training.


The beginning of this winter started out warm as well, although it never reached the unprecedented high temperatures as we had before. We at least had some snow. Considering that winter is ada's favorite season, it's improved his mood a lot. He's now much more willing to leave the house and yard. While ada continues to refuse my invitations to socialize with my friends, he'll take multiple runs a day and will even come to the grocery store with me. Him taking one step at a time is fine with me. Improvement is all I need to see.


So naturally, I was quite happy that when the snow really began to fall ada took it upon himself to take all available children in the house out to the wide snow-covered beach to spend the entire day having fun. I was told later on that a huge snowball fight erupted between ada, Eloril, Serith, and Renduil. Rion chose to avoid the fight by building a snowman with Riviel, who also happened to be there.


I could not believe it, but Mr. Grace showed up to the house again after not being here for so long. I think he was trying to get some kind of revenge. The very thing he did when he walked inside was head straight for the fridge.

That was the breaking point for Eloril. His voice started to get very loud as he reprimanded Mr. Grace and tried to get him to leave. Mr. Grace only ignored him. He began to walk about the house, but Eloril was right on his heels. It was when Mr. Grace yelled at Sidhion to get out of his way that things escalated. Eloril grabbed Mr. Grace's shoulder to force him to face him. I was shocked by what happened next. Mr. Grace actually punched Eloril in the face.

I was very worried. Not for Eloril. I've punched him before much harder than the fist Mr. Grace threw. Mr. Grace was the one I was worried for. He picked the worst possible person to pick a real fight with. Eloril managed to hold back a lot of what he could have done, but Mr. Grace was still whipped pretty badly. He cursed as he finally left the house, and swore that he would never come back.

It's not like that what we wanted or anything.


A couple days after that incident, I ended up at the beach myself by myself. I was not there to have fun though. Somehow, I have been caught up to.

A call came sometime after I went to bed. It was one of those calls I dread with my entire being. It was the call telling me one of my children has died- it being Minai this time. All my children born in Appaloosa Plain are dead. All my children who were living in Monte Vista are dead. Now my children living here are starting to pass away. Truthfully, it is easier dealing with the pain having my children far away when they enter the never-ending sleep. The reality is easier to ignore.

When I got the call, I knew I had to get out of the house. My crying was quiet, but I still felt as if I would wake the entire house up. I chose the beach because it has simply become my default place to go to when I need to get away or think about things. It was blessedly empty when I arrived. There was enough dry wood for me to start a fire, and I stayed there almost till morning just thinking, reminiscing, and crying.


I tried to hide my depression from everyone the next morning, but I failed. Everyone knew something had happened. My children knew exactly what it was. The way I was that morning is the way I always am when the dreadful news comes. I sensed that Eloril had a strong suspicion of what had happened. That only left ada completely in the dark.

I revealed the truth to him and Eloril properly after Serith, Tirith, Renduil, Rion, and Sidhion left for school. Ada was truly horrified. He comforted me as best as he could. His words and hugs helped considerably more than I thought they would. I realized ada is the one person here who is an immortal, and an immortal who knows how it feels to lose person after person who are so dear to you. Eloril remarked that he was a bit stunned at how well I was handling the news. I was not anything like how I was when Elrunamir and Ureliel passed away. Ada and Eloril's expressions hardened tightly when I admitted my children dying is something I have just grown used to.


Despite Minai's death hitting me harder than normal, I knew it wasn't something I could dwell on forever. Life must go on, and things must return to normal. It helps to find new normals as well. The children have gotten into a habit of pooling together their intelligence by working on their homework together. Garrick even comes over often and joins them. It seems he and Tirith do have something between them.

Speaking of Tirith, I make her do her homework on her own given that she's still prone to copying and cheating on her work. It seems it's a never-ending flaw of hers.


The moments of celebrations also help to make me feel more alive and cheerful. The biggest recent celebration was that of Serith and Tirith's birthday. The birthday came right before Snowflake Day. I found this amusing considering how close this date came to being on the same holiday where I was given the surprise of giving birth to twin girls.

The two of them have pretty solid ideas of what they want to accomplish. Serith wants to become a professional athlete. Tirith, on the other hand, actually wants to get married. I wonder if she's thinking of Garrick at all. In any case, she knows that will take a bit of time so she's gotten a part-time job at the bookstore.


With them leaving, I've suddenly become very outnumbered. I am now the only girl in a house of seven people. I hope this will change soon enough. I made the acquaintance of a man named Thurston Allaway. We got along rather well right from the beginning. Even better, after a bit of flirting he got my meaning right away when I mentioned that it was cold.

We quickly warmed up......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9