Top Social

The Enemy


Oh Goddess, I didn't even know where to begin with Eloril's sudden return! So many questions ran through my mind. Why had Eloril returned? Why did he have an infant with him? Why was this infant most likely of the alien race?

Eloril and I did not even exchange any sort of "Hello". Thankfully, the screaming child quieted down and Eloril started right into an explanation. He had been traveling through some woods on his way back home. When he heard a child crying he quickly investigated and found the infant he was holding. Eloril assumed the child had to be so incredibly sick if its entire body was green the way it was. Although he wasn't sure if the child would last until he made it back here, Eloril had no other idea as to what to do and returned to seek my help. I was the only one here he could turn to.

I sighed. It was hard not to tell him the truth right there. I should have expected that Eloril would have no idea the infant is not sick, but is an alien instead. There had never been a comfortable moment to tell him of them and what they had done to Lothirien.

Even after what had occurred between us, Eloril still stared at me with expectant and trusting eyes. I am still torn over whether or not him being here is the best thing, but I cannot just send him and the child away now. I took the alien baby and told him to wait upstairs while I called a certain person.


While Elrunamir told me he was quite busy when he first answered the phone, he rushed over faster than ever once I gave him a brief explanation of what happened. I told him all the details I had when he arrived. I had no idea where to go from here, and then Elrun gave me two options.

Technically, he is supposed to take any alien he finds to his superiors. Once he does, the situation is out of his hands. He doesn't know what would happen to the child if he were to take it, but it would be safe to assume the child would be tested and experimented on its entire life. It could possibly even face death. Either way, nothing good awaits the infant down that path.

Then he told me if I would be willing to take in the child that it could be spared. Elrun would pretend he knows nothing. He would do everything in his power to keep the eyes of the military off of us, and that he would take the punishment if we were to be discovered.

I instantly asked how he could ever think I would take such a child in. Elrun knows very well what the aliens have done to our family. They've threatened me, and captured Lothi twice. They did the same things to her that the military would do to this infant. In fact, the aliens probably captured some poor woman and forcibly impregnated her. It had to be why the child was abandoned in the woods. Why should I take in this creature and put all of us at risk? There is enough trouble here already.


Elrun agreed with me. What I said is most likely all true- but in the end, this child was innocent. It had nothing to do with Lothi's abductions, and it had no control over the manner of its conception. Elrun thought I would have been more understanding considering everything I've gone through. I hadn't wanted to become pregnant with him, just like this child's mother most likely had been forced to carry it. The aliens had done me wrong, hurt me, and were something that I hate. All these statements were true of Rodney as well.

If I were to look at it, he and this child weren't so different. I said I loved him, but perhaps I secretly harbor hate towards him like I harbor hate towards the child I hold in my arms?

That hit me hard. I couldn't believe I would ever hear such words coming from the mouth of my son. He forced my eyes open to the reality. While I couldn't answer right away, realization slowly dawned on me as to how much truth Elrun speaks. No, I told him, I have never hated him openly or secretly. He's right that I have no reason to condemn this child. It's hard to believe it has come to this, but even if I can't love this child right away.....I would take it in.

Elrun smiled. He knows that I love him, and always have loved him. He apologized for speaking harshly, and promised again to do everything he could to keep the worst from happening. After that, he had to leave. I took one of the cribs out of storage and got the child settled.


When it went to sleep, I called Eloril downstairs. We sat outside and began to talk. We had a lot of that to do. Before I gave him a chance to speak, I explained the entire situation with the alien baby honestly. I told him of Lothi's abductions, my own encounter, the full conversation between Elrunamir and I, and my decision. Eloril apologized. He had no idea that bringing the child here would place such a burden on me. After messing things up so badly, he had just wanted to do something right.

He struggled for more words to say. I couldn't help but to smile. I told him it was alright, as long as he stayed around to help take care of the infant. Eloril was so surprised. He thought for sure that I would tell him to leave. I reminded him of my earlier words. Each time I told him he was welcome to stay, but he has to accept the way I live now and not interfere. I will have to continue to bring various men over. I will have to sleep with them, and there are some that will only want the pleasure from me. He will have to stand by quietly and watch me get hurt, tossed aside, and ignored possibly many times.

Eloril remained quiet for a couple minutes. I gave him the time he needed to accept everything. Then, in a quiet voice, he told me he wanted to stay. He had wanted to come back as soon as he left, but feared that I would hate him. We had the occasional arguments as all siblings do. However, no rift this big had ever happened before. He had been terrified.


He was probably going to make many more mistakes. He was probably going to upset me again. He can't go home and forget about me though, and he can't stand me forgetting him. Eloril also feels responsible for the alien child since he's the one who found it. He doesn't want to abandon it. He doesn't want to abandon any of us. He hoped that I would be able to forgive him for what he had done, and that I'll be able to forgive him in the future.

I told him I already have forgiven him. If he can stick by his word and not hinder the task, then perhaps things can progress with him about. I revealed that he at least won't have to worry about another man coming around for some time. I am most likely pregnant. Now with Eloril and the alien infant's arrival, the household is  going to be quite full. Things will have to settle down before I consider having another child.

Eloril seemed relieved to hear that.


The two of us decided to give the alien child an elvish name. He already stands out, so in order to help him fit in better with our family it seemed like a logical choice. We named him Anondil. In order to keep me as tranquil as possible, Eloril moved Anondil's crib into his room. He takes care of most of his needs, and is much more confident holding him than he was with Threlad. I am glad Eloril cares for him so. Even as the weeks pass, I have been slow to warm up to the child.

Elerith and Nadrien were so glad when Eloril returned. Threlad was excited to meet the uncle he had heard so much about. The three of them were surprised to find we would be taking Anondil in, but since then they have accepted him as their sibling.


Time has shown that I am most definitely pregnant again. When I told Devon, he got quite flustered. He instantly went off wondering if we should get married now. He would have to stop slacking off at his job, and knew that he should get his act together. His words were quite unexpected. It seems he is not as identical to Seamus as I thought. Despite his outer appearance, Devon is actually rather pure-hearted. I comforted him, and explained that he had no obligation to marry me. Of course, he should always work harder at his job though. In the end, it would be enough if he loved the child and was there for it when it needed him. Devon promised that was something he could do without a doubt.


The months passed, and summer came. My stomach was ready to burst, but I wanted to enjoy Leisure Day. I think back to the first time I came here. It hadn't been all that fun, and we had still been in that first house. Things had changed so much. For one used to ages passing by unchanged, something about things moving so fast seems miraculous. Even my memories have shifted. I can now look back on that rainy summer day fondly.

This outing to the festival turned out very differently than that first one. Anondil has become more fussy ever since he became a toddler. He would have been too troublesome to bring, and Eloril said he didn't feel like going to the festival anyway. Being around a lot of humans at once still unnerves him. Threlad doesn't like the heat so he optioned to stay home as well. It ended up being us girls going out and doing our thing while the boys stayed home to do their thing.

Unfortunately, I was having a great time, but I should have known better. My children pick the worst times to start labor. I tried to hide my pain, but once word got around that my baby was coming, everyone started panicking again. Thankfully, I wasn't forced to the hospital and Elerith and Nadrien were able to bring me home. I kept the whole thing quiet when we returned. Eloril was playing with Threlad and Anondil upstairs, and I knew Eloril would panic himself if he knew what was happening. In order to deliver my child in quiet and calmness, it was best if I didn't say anything.


I have another daughter to add to the count. Cadriethiel is her name. I am grateful she is here even though I hadn't wanted another child originally. I will stick by my other words though. Until the household grows a little smaller, I will hold off having another child......
2 comments on "The Enemy"
  1. Yayyy!!! He's back and the alien baby...that was a total surprise! Great update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew!
    I'm glad her brother returned. It will be good to bring the elvish heritage. See, even if he grows used to this world, he will not have to be "tainted" by the task. So the children will get pure elvish iteration. It will be good for them.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9