Top Social

Color My World Behind the Scenes #1

As it is, today you'll be getting this little Behind the Scenes update instead of Chapter Twenty-One. I had actually been planning on posting this as an extra surprise this Thursday, but an annoying and abrupt schedule change at work took away my day off yesterday. Having lost the day I had been planning on doing most of the writing for the next chapter, I realized it would simply be too much to try and get it all done anyway. Thus, this is being released in its stead. Chapter Twenty-One will be out next Monday.

I have shared several of these pictures on various forums before, so forgive me if you see any repeats.

Enjoy!



The first pictures of Eden and Ethereal. I created them long before I had even finished The Goddess' Order. I believe I created them around the end of Part Five, which took place back in April and May of last year. The two did not change from their original appearances, save for Eden getting different eyebrows..



Blaze and Amaranth underwent a more drastic alteration. Most noticeable is that the darker, thicker, and more unnatural red skin you see on them here was replaced with their current coloring. I also changed their outfits for their first appearance.


I debated on whether or not I wanted to change Ethereal's hair when she made the transition to green. In the end, I decided to keep the style the same. I tried out many different choices on her though, and I also couldn't help taking a moment to see how she would appear sporting Ellothiel's signature locks.


An extra picture of Eden and Ethereal hugging in Chapter Three that I liked too much to get rid of. Part of me is concerned I use the older brother-younger sister relationship and focus on it too much in all my stories, but when I get cute shots of the characters like this I can't find a reason why I should deprive us all of such sweetness.


As always, other Sims in the town like to wander onto the lots I'm taking pictures on to make taking those shots more complicated. This time, Cocoa Sweet's family decided to show up. You've got her parents, Phlox and Chocolate, and her brother, Richly. Phlox is all pink except for his brown eyes, and Chocolate is all brown except for her pink eyes.


To add some more life to the town, I went ahead and placed Buttercup Swirl's (aka Ms. Yellow's) family into one of the houses. I figured as long I avoided showing her or changing the last name when necessary that I would be alright with showing the other three walking around. I was getting pictures in the city when I spotted a yellow something on the playground. Jackfruit, aka Jack, was simply sitting at the top of the slide. He was there for forever before he decided to go down.


The Sim that gets most on my nerves is Windy, Sunflower's older sister. She shows up everywhere I don't need her to. I am constantly telling her to Go Home with NRAAS in order to get her out of the way.


Some incredibly complicated work can go into setting up just one shot. The picture of Sap and Ethereal jumping off the dock is probably the most convoluted so far. I had to build a pool on the beach, which required me to momentarily mess up the landscape to get to a flat surface. I then had to get them jumping off diving boards at the same time and pause at the perfect moment. Next, I turned on Move Objects so I could place them on OMSP in order to position them over the end of the dock. Getting them in the right places was massively tricky, and eventually I had to go with what I could get. After getting the shot, them finishing their jump action resulted in them swimming in the ground.


Sometimes, I absolutely cannot stand the leaves in-game. There's no point in raking them in the fall because they'll reappear on the ground so quickly, and raking them after fall takes practically a whole household of Sims doing nothing else all day in order to get rid of them without it taking the whole season.


I was going to be more intense with Amaranth being rude during Chapter Eight, but all the angles I tried to get him from were ruined by floating forks. The table was far too small to work properly with having the four seats filled.


Ethereal takes a big hit from a snowball. It was actually the one that knocked her over for the first pictures in Chapter Nine.


A close-up of her face, and a reveal that her shadow never has any hair (although that's true for all shadows in the Sims.)


Another resident, Blackberry Noble, passing by and getting in the way of the shot.


A different angle of Eden holding Ethereal on the couch in the hospital. In truth, I liked this one better, but the emphasis was too much on Eden when I wanted it to be on Ethereal instead.


Amaranth always has silly smiles on his face.


Eden has some pretty interesting expressions too.


Goodness gracious, I just love this guy's face.



Eden after realizing he was standing under the mistletoe.


Rose's reaction after they kissed.

I don't think it went as well in the game as it did in the story.


This was the first time I had ever seen a Sim blow their nose. I was rather stunned by it, in all honesty, haha. I didn't know it was possible.


Ethereal attempts to tell Eden a secret, but he isn't having it.


Poor Ethereal is just trying to tell him that the gnomes are alive.


Aww...



More random background Sims- musical instrument version.


Ethereal is constantly getting sick. I certainly picked the right Sim to give a weak immune system to.


Derp.


No one wanted to get close to Sap while he told the ghost story. Move Objects was required to get everyone in the proper place. Eden, who was on the lot to prevent all the child running home since they were out past curfew, tried to come listen. I had to send him away though since he was in the way.


Cocoa is apparently afraid of Ethereal.


Every stood up and yawned in unison, save for a very perplexed and concerned Ethereal.






Mrs. Chamois and her stick.


The school and the hospital being next to each other caused a few problems for me. That square, three-level intrusion you see in the background is where I built the 'hospital'. Ethereal's blue room was on the top floor, her yellow one was on the second, and the waiting room was on the bottom. I was too lazy to go and delete it, so I angled the shots of Ethereal and Purity to keep it out of view.



More unused shots I liked too much to delete.



Another tricky setup was getting Ethereal and Sunflower on the slide at the same time. I had to place another slide on the playground, go the girls to go up separate ones, and then move the one Ethereal was on right on top of the first so that they blended together perfectly. Sunflower was fine when she went down, but Ethereal got some strange air time.


'Meadow's' baby picture. She was actually a combination of Eden and Ethereal since it was too much work to make a toddler clone of Ethereal. It was easier to simply a create an Instant Baby and age her up.


Mrs. Waters and Purity are constantly begging for attention. They hardly hold still and constantly perform outlandish idles.



Eden making fun of Mrs. Waters.


Mrs. Waters showed up at the campground wearing her most expensive formal dress, because why not?


She stood in that one room and sung to herself for a long time.


She did help rake up the leaves though.



How Blaze actually dove into the well.


Sap's mother, who I haven't been able to show so far. Of course, I've forgotten her name at the moment. I believe it might be Ivy though.


Sap refused to age up properly.


How the game dressed poor Sunset when she became a teen.



What the game did with Ethereal and how I fixed her up.



The same with Frost.


I aged everyone according to their birth order. It was adorable to see little Amaranth surrounded by all his friends grown up ^^

And there we have it for the moment! Hope this was enough to satisfy your craving for more Color My World. I'll see you next week for Chapter Twenty-One!
3 comments on "Color My World Behind the Scenes #1"
  1. I love seeing the kids as, well, kids again! Of course, they are great as teens :)
    I think toddler Ethereal is absolutely adorable, and so are Eden and Ethy together
    Some weird things certainly happen to your sims!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait....THEY CAN BLOW THEIR NOSE?! I have never heard of this! And I have played a bunch and never seen it! What season was it and were they sick? Just wondering cause wow, I have never seen it! And I hope you do more Behind the Scene stuff for this story! It was great to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They CAN! I was seriously in awe. I think I took like four or five other pictures of her doing it. It was during winter and, yes, she was sick. I think it's just a really rare animation. You can access it through MovieMakerCheats though, which is what I did to add it in Chapter Fourteen because I was so impressed by it XD

    I'll be doing more ^^ The next one will come out after the generation has finished. It's weird to think that I'm already halfway done with it. The Goddess' Order was a much longer stretch, so I'm not used to the 'end' goals not taking quite so long to get to XD

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9