Top Social

Treachery


As I feared, the birth of Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth made an extension to the house more than necessary. We would have had to get rid of everything in the living room to otherwise accommodate them. I thought our family was going to face a huge setback for our goal of returning home. Blessedly, the extension did not cost nearly as much as I anticipated. My older children chipped in yet again, and we also received a large amount of money from another source. I told Elioviel and Morti not to leave me anything. They had to worry about their own children instead. However, despite the many times I told them I did not want money left to me in their wills they went ahead with doing just that. It was frustrating, but with how badly I needed the money I could not decline their offer of love.

On a completely different note, I realized something interesting after the triplets and I worked out some semblance of a schedule for them where I could get more sleep. This is the first time since it was only Elrunamir and Ureliel where the children I've birthed for this task have been equal in numbers for both genders. I've now given birth to 32 boys and 32 girls.


Though I had wished before that Cethiel would turn out like Lothirien appearance-wise, I never meant for her to become stuck in this situation that is so similar to the one Lothi was in. I refuse to have the birth of my new triplets push her to the side. Cethiel is trying so hard to be patient with everything. None of us are getting good sleep because of the triplets' crying, but I never hear a complaint out of her. That's why when she asks for multiple stories before bed I never deny her any.


I also do what I can to make sure Arnin gets plenty of attention as well. I realized sardonically at the point where we had to move her crib into Sind, Melui, and Cethiel's room how truly similar the situation we're in now is alike to that time back then. I wonder if the Goddess is playing some sort of joke on me. If so, she has a very unappealing sense of humor.


Melui has been my lifesaver. I would never get any sleep at all if it wasn't for her hard work. I have told her many times in my worry for her own rest not to overwork herself, but she has always insisted that she doesn't mind taking care of Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth- especially not during the night. She revealed she actually enjoys it. Otherwise, she would be stuck back in those slightly lonely nights where everyone else slept but she had nothing to do but watch television or clean. I had no idea she had felt that way, but Melui reassured me it really hadn't ever been that big of an issue for her.


They lied to me. I can't believe I ever thought to trust them. I did what they asked, but it clearly wasn't enough for their selfish ways. They just had to have more. At first, I thought what I was seeing was merely a strange dream. However, then that memory of what happened that night at Rigel's house came flooding back to my mind. I was not dreaming. I was in a daze- the daze the aliens used to lure those they want to take outside for capture by their ships. I was helpless. I could do nothing.


What made the whole thing worse was that it was that fuiacaul Yumay Vajjer who took me. It wasn't one of the many other alien races I've been told about. It wasn't one of those who didn't know the people of this world hadn't given permission to be taken. No, it was the woman who had promised me safety. She was the one who said I had done my part, and that I would be left alone.


I have no memories of what happened. That dratted alien didn't even have the courage to talk to me. She had no strength to face the treachery she had just committed. She even left me standing out there on the sidewalk for minutes in the pouring rain in that daze until I finally came to my senses and stumbled back inside the house.


I didn't know what to do. I was so hesitant around my children. I slept every second that I wasn't taking care of Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth. Escaping to my dreams was the only way to ignore my great fear of what the aliens had most likely done to me.


When the weeks passed and the bulge of my stomach appeared, I broke. I rushed to Melui, and cried hard against her as I told her everything. I don't know why it seemed like she would be the best one to help me. She might be half-alien, but it's not like she knows anything of their world. She comforted me as best she could.

For the very first time, the thought of getting rid of the child entered my mind. I already had seven children to look after- with one of those children being a toddler and three still being infants. I was already in a fragile state. How could I possibly handle this child especially after how it had been conceived?

The feeling passed, and I became disgusted with myself. I might nearly break my limits, but it was more than completely possible to survive this situation. I could love and care for this child just as I have loved and cared for all my other children in the past. I did almost send word to Eloril though begging for him to come back. The letter had been written, all sealed up, and delivered to the deposit box where the contacts come to get my mail for home. An hour passed before I went back to get it and tear it up. In truth, I didn't really want Eloril to come. I didn't want him to see how everything had fallen apart. I would rather my family be content thinking the lie that everything was fine rather than make them more worried than I already know they are about me.


I got myself together as best I could. It's my responsibility to be the support for the family, not a constant sobbing mess. Besides, with the large amount of birthdays that there were I couldn't help but to be happy. Arnin's was first. Thankfully, she is not quite so much as a diva anymore. Though money was still tight, I had to buy another bed anyway so I decided to buy a dollhouse for her as a birthday present. She and Cethiel became attached to it instantly.


Sind's birthday followed Arnin's. He refused to have a celebration. Well, at least a celebration where we spent money on him. Sind remains very determined to help get our old house back. I think it's safe to say he still feels very much at fault for what happened and how tough things are now. He said he wasn't leaving until our goal was achieved. I was quietly relieved. With me being so busy with Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth, his painting is currently our only source of income. Sind has actually become very good at what he makes, and sells painting of much higher quality to many others than his siblings.


Cethiel's birthday followed soon after. She was ready and willing to help out as well, and so was on the phone all day calling around to find the best part-time job for her. Cethiel ended up taking one offered at the Science Center.


The days taking care of my triplets were so busy that their birthday was quickly upon me too. I anticipated that day greatly. Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth are so adorable I can't help but to love the more every second though they decided to make my life infinitely harder by coming all at one time.

Lomenia looks exactly like Gilberto. She has his hair, eyes, and rounded ears. Lithaldoren clearly stands out from his sisters as he inherited my hair instead, but he also has Gilberto's eyes and rounded ears. Then there's Lueth. While she does have the same hair as Lomenia, she also has the elvish ears and those purple eyes that seem to randomly pop up from nowhere. Perhaps there is someone on my side who had such eyes. I wouldn't know. I never met my grandparents or saw what they looked like. That will have to be something I ask when I return home.


The time following the triplet's birthday was just as hectic as I remember it being with Aravilui, Arluwen, and Amadrie. I'm so blessed that my children are the best helpers. Sind, Melui, and Cethiel are willing to use all their free time to take care of what I can't finish. Even my spunky Arnin is willing to clean the toddler potties with only minimal complaint.


My labor started in the early morning. At least I didn't have to worry this time about Rorion's horrible joke about him seeing that one alien movie and how the alien in it had been born. I was still worried though if I would be able to handle the new child coming along with handling the rest of the others, and give them the good home they all deserved as well. With just so many of them and so few resources, I'm starting to think that I can't anymore.

However, I am left with no other choice but to plough on and simply see how everything works out. I gave birth to another daughter when the labor finished. I named her Navinai. I was expecting green alien skin or my skin like what Melui had inherited, but this time I can't even begin to explain what's going on with Navinai......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9