Top Social

Return


I've been able to write a little more recently, which has been incredibly calming. Even the droll of typing page after page after page is better than dirty diaper after dirty diaper after dirty diaper. Then there's all the crying, temper tantrums, and quarrels. I can't remember what silence sounds like.

Though there are plenty of good things to mention as well. With Sind, Melui, and Cethiel's help, Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth are learning quite a lot. I would dare to say they're actually a little ahead of schedule. All three have started talking, they're all beginning to toddle around, and Lithaldoren is even potty-trained! That is the thing I am most excited for them to learn. Each day of hard work we get one step closer to regaining some semblance of control of this household.


Perhaps the best good thing I can mention is that all those days of hard work have also had another positive effect. We are surprisingly close to buying back our old home. It feels like forever since we lived there, yet when I pass by on the occasional walks I take with my spare free time I still feel as if I live there. The sense of familiarity is so strong I want to cry. I'm sure the house we're in now will become nostalgic in its own way. Our family had made many memories there. However, it is this first house where we belong. I know that without a doubt.


We had to be separated from that house for a little while longer though. There were still some more memories going to be made in the tiny house. Most likely the biggest memory was Navinai's birthday. Though she does have that dark skin, her facial structure much more closer resembles mine than Melui's does.

That skin color of Navinai's truly is strange. But then, I really have no idea just what the aliens did up there. They might have done something so that my daughter would be born with such an illogical appearance. That aside, it is clear they changed their minds on being satisfied with only one elven-alien subject to study. I'm sure they didn't feel like attempting to persuade me again, and simply went for force instead. Whatever the case, those aliens better not come around again or there will be trouble.

Even if it's already been proven multiple times that I can't do anything to stop them...


I haven't seen much of Arnin anymore. That's partially because I've been so busy with my toddlers, but mostly because Arnin has been taking the ballet classes offered at the school. She loves them so much. They are all she will talk about when she comes home. She shows off each new move she learns again and again until she becomes dizzy. I'm glad Arnin is succeeding so well despite having such a chaotic household to come back to. I wonder if such a home is why she chooses to invest so much time in her classes.


When I told Sind of how close we were to getting back our house, he suddenly stood up straight and said determinedly that he would make sure we were there before Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth had their next birthday. I wanted to be hopeful, but I couldn't. Sind seemed sure of himself. However, the triplets' birthday was so soon. How could he possibly get us the rest of the money we need in so short a time, was what I thought.

I never saw Sind move from that easel. He was there when I woke up, and he was there when I went to bed. Painting after painting was created. Some were silly. Some were beautiful and inspiring. It was a few days later when Sind unexpectedly placed a large amount of money in my hands that he revealed he had taken on two large commissions. One was even willing to pay extra if he finished quickly. All of his hard work was so that he could earn that extra bit.

I stood there stunned. My son had just handed me the last of the money we needed. We could go home.


It was like a dream signing those papers, gathering up everyone and everything, and stepping into the yard instead of having to step by it. I was in even more of a daze than when the aliens took me.


All of what we had left behind was still there, but it still took some time to get everything set up. Sind and I are the only ones who remember this place. To Melui, Cethiel, and Arnin this is their second house. Melui, Cethiel, and Arnin were so ecstatic at how much room there was to move about in. Arnin in particular ran all over the place. It was getting late so I had to tell her to save some excitement for tomorrow. And the day after that. And the day after that. This place was never escaping our grasp again.

My triplets and Navinai went to sleep easily. They seemed comfortable in this house too. I walked around to each room, ran my hand over the counters, sat in each seat, and touched the walls. This was the place I chose to rebuild my life after everything fell apart. This was the place where ada and Eloril had once been. This was the place where a tiny newborn had been left at the front door. This was the place I got to see my son once more before he returned to Aurora Skies to eventually pass away. This was home.

I just had to cry.


I cried once again with happiness when Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth's birthday came. They get to have a wonderful house to explore, play, and learn in. More importantly, they have a proper bed and space to themselves instead of having to be crammed together. I'm finally regaining confidence in myself. Everything is steadily returning to normal and becoming easier.


However, another birthday was due to arrive that I had completely forgotten about. That birthday was, of course, Melui's. I can't believe it has already been so long. That little baby has become a beautiful young woman. I think Melui would have stayed to help if Sind had not chosen to remain longer himself. Melui was also so willing and ready to be out on her own. She left me with a big hug after securing a job at the bistro.


But yes, Sind has decided to continue living at home with the rest of us. Though we had the money to buy the house, more hard work must be done in order to make sure we can afford to pay the bills that come with owning this house once again. Sind also has seemingly no desire to leave anyway. I told him he was more than welcome to stay and continue helping.


With Lomenia, Lithaldoren, and Lueth now being able to take care of themselves for the most part, we all have considerably more free time. Cethiel has been using hers by going to the gym after school. I'll admit, we didn't eat the best at the small house. Spending lots of money on the expensive organic products available at the grocery store didn't appear to be a wise decision when we were already struggling. Cethiel said she gained a little more weight than she wanted, and so is doing her best to maintain the healthy figure she wants. This has also inspired me to think about starting another garden. I just have to find a place for it.


I decided to use our free time to begin doing again all the old activities we have long been too busy to do anymore. Namely, spending the entire afternoon at the festival as a family. Lomenia and Lithaldoren wanted to play horseshoes so I joined them. I have gotten very good at the game after all these years. However, I guess not playing for a while made me rusty. I could not get one good shot in. Lithaldoren ended up winning.


Cethiel and Lueth, on the other hand, used their time to dance instead of playing games. I learned later there is actually a dancing competition that takes place for the entirety of the spring festival. The dancers are judged by talent and length of dancing period, and the best is determined at the end of the festival and given a prize. Cethiel and Lueth naturally both hoped to win.


As I put Navinai to bed that evening, I felt a peace I have not felt in a long time. Everything just felt right, everything just felt secure, and...


Everyone is just happy......
1 comment on "Return"
  1. How are you managing alien children without the green skin??

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9