Top Social

Sunset Valley


It was a relatively long trip to arrive at our new house. I knew Eloril was getting a bit frustrated with me since I would not stop glancing back towards the direction of Aurora Skies, but I simply couldn't help myself. My head shifted of my own accord before I recognized what I was doing. I knew it was time to leave there, the certainty of that almost overwhelmed me, and yet it was still very hard to leave. Much like my children back in Appaloosa Plains, my children who remain in Aurora Skies told me to go wherever I could be happy again. However, the feeling that I've somehow betrayed them lingers in my heart. I think my regret is a large part of why the chill of my grief will not depart from my skin.

Thus, it was relieving to be distracted when ada, Eloril, Elioviel, Zuri, and I all finally arrived in Sunset Valley and pulled up in front of our new house. We eagerly got out. The car we were in was spacious, but after five days of almost non-stop driving even that extra room wasn't enough. Elioviel and Zuri were the happiest amongst us to be freed. The relief grew into excitement stepping through our new front door. I had been very much in love with the open design plan since the first moment I saw the pictures. The design is mostly why I chose it.

The house somehow reminds me a lot of home, and I need to be as comfortable as possible right now into order to have a clear mind when I make a final decision as to whether I will stay or go.


This place is smaller than what I normally would have looked for. It suits my needs quite nicely for now though. Everyone can comfortably fit with there being enough space left to add one more children. Besides, it doesn't make any sense to purchase a large house only to find out later on I will be returning home. Yes, this house will do just fine. We brought along so much of our old furniture and things like Minai's paintings so it hasn't taken long at all to feel at ease here.


There is a pool here as well. It was during my searching when I made the choice that any house I would buy had to come with a pool. I can't have my children avoid the water forever. It would be safer to have the pool and teach Elioviel and the new child how to swim properly instead of forcing them to be unprepared. I do think it might be a good idea to place a high fence around it with the only key being kept with me though.


True to the information I read when I looked up this town, the neighborhood is very friendly. Right after we arrived, almost all of those around us came over at some point in the day to help us unpack. They were wary at first when they realized we were elves, but now that word has gotten out about or family and the town has had time to accept who were are, everyone has become accustomed to us.

I took to habit taking walks with Zuri in order to familiarize myself with Sunset Valley's layout. I've also made the acquaintance of quite a few of the residents as well. Many of them have been men. I haven't forgotten what I must do. One of these men that I have met will most likely be the father to my next child, and I know that will have to happen soon. It's only a matter of time before I get the news that one of my children from Aurora Skies, probably Meldiron, has passed away. Being able to feel that monumental moment coming almost makes me quiver with fear. I truly have no idea how I will react, and I'm just as terrified of that reaction as I am to the news of my son's passing.


My hope had been to lay with man before Elioviel's birthday, but me reservations delayed me for too long. It also didn't help that her birthday was only the second week after we moved in.

She grew up to be the adorable child everyone expected her to be. It is a little strange though considering that she now prefers spending time with ada when until her birthday she preferred Eloril. The two of them are constantly playing, and Elioviel always smothers ada with kisses. He enjoys all the extra love, but naturally Eloril has become a bit jealous in return. Zuri still likes him the best though, so there's that.


With Elioviel's birthday out of the way, I had no more excuses for not becoming pregnant. The days continued to pass and I still did nothing about the situation. I only felt more horrible about myself. It's just so hard to willingly place my heart and body into that vulnerable position once more.

I wonder if it was that despair I faced that lured the unicorn to our house. Eloril told me of the one he met in Aurora Skies. The fact that another one appeared here simply cannot be coincidence. Someone, be it the Goddess, unicorns, or another force entirely, is sending help. The lovely creature that I met boosted my spirits so high that warmth embraced me for the first time in many months.

I won't tell Eloril that the unicorn I met blessed me as his unicorn blessed him. He's feels rather special about himself thinking he's the only one to receive a blessing.


Having being gifted with enough confidence, I went out the next day to do what I needed to do. I found luck with one of our neighbors who I talked to a lot, Joseph Elam. I made my advances at his house since he has a big place all to himself. Ada and Eloril had taken Elioviel to play, so we could have spent our time at my house, but I also knew those three could return at any moment.

Giving myself away to Joseph was not as burdening as I assumed it would be. I did, however, most likely find out the reason he lives all alone. We spent some time talking and getting along just fine after we finished our intimate encounter. However, Joseph then started yelling at me about some absolutely random nonsense. He went on to tell me that I was misbehaving and that I had to leave. I gladly went. Something is definitely wrong inside Joseph's head. Whatever it is, I hope it is not passed down to our child.


I was very thrilled to learn that Sunset Valley holds seasonal festivals much like Appaloosa Plains does. It makes sense that they share this common activity given how close the two towns are to each other. I can't believed just how much I missed having them. Both ada and Eloril were readily willing to go, that willingness being a great attestment to how much their behaviors and attitudes have changed. The four of us spent much of the evening there to celebrate Elioviel's successful first day of school. We took a group photo, ate snow cones and unhealthy festival food, made good use of the skating rinks, and ada and Elioviel practiced their soccer while Eloril and I talked.


When the signs of pregnancy started showing, I quietly made my way out of the house to get an ultrasound at the hospital. I don't know why I felt like I had to sneak about, but I just did. My appointment revealed to me that another little boy is on his way. In some ways, I was disappointed. If I choose to stay, and this child and the next child had been girls then at the fifty mark I would have had exactly twenty-five sons and twenty-five daughters. Yet on the other hand, I'm really glad to be having a son. This again is another feeling I can't explain. It is simply there.

Since Zuri was the first one to greet me when I returned home, she was the first one to hear the news. She showed her excitement by licking my nose.


Elioviel was the next one whom I talked to. She was ecstatic and began bouncing around everywhere. She had been wondering for so long when it would finally be her turn to be the big sister. I've told her so much about how Cirabel cared for her, and I think Elioviel wants to live up to that legacy. Though I enjoyed only having Elioviel around and having this break, her enthusiasm is rubbing off onto me. She's asked me to read books to her every night before bed so she can know them all and be able to read them to her little brother. It turns out that her favorite is the one I wrote for Londuil and Ninnor so long ago. This is especially interesting because I haven't let her know that I'm the one who wrote it.


I tried my best to keep Joseph involved, but he has tried his best to make me think he is the worst person I have ever slept with. Every time I try to talk to him he'll yell at me with no coherent or rational point. I've been accused of everything from kicking his cat, he does not own a cat I must point out, to stealing his great-grandmother's toilet paper. He was so nice and normal when I was first getting to know him. I can't even understand where this other person came from. Joseph eventually told me not to speak to him ever again. He was apparently tired of me eating all his cinnamon.

I agreed with him. It is definitely best if we part ways.


Ada, Eloril, and Elioviel went to the festival again to celebrate Leisure Day. I declined to come along. I could feel the signs of labor approaching so I knew it would be better to stay clear of any heavily public area. Ada and Eloril were concerned to leave me alone. I reassured them that I would be more comfortable alone. It is easier to focus on the birth if I don't have to worry about others in the rooms right next to mine.

The three of them went and had a great time. They played all sorts of games, and even took part in a hot dog eating contest. Ada was the victor.


My son did indeed come while they were out. Of all the presents she won that day, Elioviel said that her baby brother was the best one she got. She's been attached to his crib almost all day every day. Given how ada, Eloril, Elioviel, and I all have names that start with 'E', I thought it would be nice to keep up the pattern for a while by giving my new son the name Elediril.

Things felt like they were finally all settling back into place. Normalcy had returned to ours lives in full. However, it wasn't too long after Elediril's birth when the news came. I could feel it coming like a dark storm in the distance. Meldiron had passed away......
3 comments on "Sunset Valley"
  1. Oh yes my favourite town - he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i guess you hope Marty's the father of the 50th kid.

    (Of course he will be! Either him or Leighton!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man all the ups and downs she cannot seem to catch a break. Sunset valley is one of my favorite towns so many memories hopefully she can catch a break.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9