Top Social

My Minecraft Elvish Build


So, believe it or not, I actually play other games besides the Sims! Minecraft is another one I play often. I play it often because I like it, but also because it's so easy to load unlike other games.

I decided to break away from the Sims to show you something I've built that I'm rather proud of. This world that I'm showing you is called "Horses". That's because when I made the world my goal was to finally to explore all the horse stuff that had been added to the game that I hadn't tried out yet. My plan had been to build a normal house so I could focus solely on building a nice stable.

I opened the world, and spent a good two hours mining underground for stuff. When I emerged from a random exit I found, I discovered a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains. I knew that was where I wanted my house to be. I popped into creative to start building a slightly extravagant house. What I ended up with was something quite unlike what I've done before. Horses became a goal for the future as I built up my elvish style mansion.

This was the first time I had ever endeavored to build something of this magnitude. As I built, it continued to grow far past my intentions. It took a lot of hard work. I'm sure an experienced Minecraft builder could have done a much better job. Still, I remain at awe that I for once took the time to try and expand past my previous limits. Now this world is my main one, as well as my favorite. I even got around to finding horses and creating the nice stables I wanted.

So, without further ado, here is a look at the work I'm so proud of.


Please forgive my character's hand in each shot. I'm pretty sure there's a way to take screenshots without the hand in the way, but that wasn't a concern of mine when I was taking these pictures.

We plop down onto the main entrance area. There's a nice fountain in the center with ample sitting room, lush grass to cushion your feet, and the shade of some beautiful oak and birch trees.


Then you turn around to walk through one of three entrances that let you into the lower level. The walkway is glass, which lets you look down to the gold bricks covered by flowing water that decorates the hall. Redstone lamps  light the way, and high, open archways set the tone of being inside yet at the same time still being open to the outside world.


Inside the center of the first level is the area I first created on this build. You have a small pond surrounded by grass, trees, and more sitting areas. The idea of being inside a building but also feeling like you're outside simultaneously is the theme I stuck to with this whole build.


Here's a view of the center from the top of one of the trees. Since the center of the second floor is glass, you can look up in the center and still see the sky above.


This is the side of the house that overlooks the lake, and the lone side that does not have an entrance. The water from the walkway on the first floor flows out through two aqueducts to waterfall into the lake below. I actually had to clear out the land the water flowed onto since it was indeed land instead of water, and it looked awkward that way. This area where I built the house was actually a mountain at first. I had to spend a long time leveling it down so I could have a flat surface to build on.


Here is the inside of one of the two towers that lead to the second floor. I originally planned for there to be two spiral staircases that would merge together to form a cool looking helix, but there wasn't enough room and what I did managed to build looked cluttered and just plain bad. I stuck with one spiral staircase insde each tower instead.


Here is the view of the walkway that takes you around around the four main rooms on the upper floor. As you can see, there are no doors anywhere. There are only three doors on the whole build. Two are at the bottom entrances of the towers, and those are to keep the mobs out. The third is on the lowest level which holds the entrance to the enchanting room. I continued to make everything on this floor free-flowing and open in order to stick with the elvish theme.


The front left room is the sitting room. There are two chests- one with general blocks for everyday purposes and one with traveling and movement materials such a ladders, rail tracks, minecarts, etc. The room has three chairs to sit on, two bookshelves stocked full of books, a crafting table, and a jukebox for music.


The back left room is the bedroom. It has two beds with a chest doubling a nightstand for whatever the occupants' need. I'm standing the the cauldron filled with water that is surrounded by stone slabs which makes the basin for the room's occupants the freshen themselves up in.


In the back right room is the kitchen. Once again, I'm standing in the sink. You've got two furnaces for cooking, three tables and chairs, and a large chest stocked full of food.


The last room is the crafting and brewing room. It comes fully equipped with a crafting table, anvil, large chest, brewing stand, and enchantment table for quick, low-level enchants. The chest is full of useful materials such as iron, diamonds, spare armor, brewing ingredients, and more. I did build the house in creative, but all the materials in all the chests were obtained legitimately.


There is a marble staircase that takes you down under the main entrance area with the large fountain.


Yes, I am cheating physics by having the water from the fountain both spout up and fall down at the same time. The falling water is contained by more sitting area. There's not much purpose for this area other than for it to be the quick way to get to the valley nearby for mob hunting.

You probably noticed the third and final door. As I stated before, it leads to the enchanting room.


I wanted this room to be a bit darker in tone compared to the rest of the build. The room has a full blown enchantment station, a nether portal, and a netherwart farm in the very back.


The normal farm is in the back of the house. There's everything besides cocoa beans. I don't have any animal farms. In my stories, I have my elves eats meat. I figure the elves here would eat meat too, however, they would only eat it sparingly and instead use the abundant plant food that was right in their backyard.


There are nice places to sit in all the little nooks around the house. Each one gives a fantastic view of the landscape surrounding the building.


Aaaand, here we are!  The reason I made this world in the first place! This is the gate arch that leads to the pasture and horse stables.


This is the first stable I made with there being six stalls to hold six horses. I eventually realized one wasn't enough, and so I added two more stables. This main stable is the only one to have a smaller room behind it that holds all the hay, saddles, horse armor, leads, and more that any good horse owner needs.


This is a view of the stables from inside the end stall. Each stall has access to a row of hay to eat and a trough to drink fresh, cool water from.


This lovely lad is the first horse I ever found. Readers of The Goddess' Order will recognize the name Talron as being Ellothiel's horse.


I let the horses roam the pasture most of the time, only putting them in their stalls occasionally. There are 14 stalls available. I currently have 10 horses.

Talron and his main mate Nari (also a name taken from The Goddess' Order) were the only two adults I found in my first herd of horses. There was a foal with them, so I assumed him to be their son. I named him Sulfaer (a name taken from the LotR fanfiction Ellothiel from the Goddess' Order was inspired from). Out of the remaining seven horses, there are three more that I found in the wild- Tinnu, Minuial, and Silivren. The last four horses, Menelbran, Elebrin, Rorfiril, and Nilmalia, came from breeding.

Sulfaer mated with Minuial to produce Elebrin. Elebrin mated with Silivren to have Nilmalia. Menelbran is the son of Tinnu and Nari. Menelbran then mated with Silivren to produce Rorfiril.


Here is a chart in case that little explanation was confusing. The two Silivrens are obviously the same one. I connected them so that the website knew it was the same person (horse, whatev), but it made the chart look weird so I made them technically separate people/horses with the same name.

Silivren is my main horse. She's so fast that it's actually rather hard to control her, and she's also a good jumper. Talron would be my favorite if wasn't so incredibly slow. He's at least a decent jumper though.

It's been sad at the stables for a while now. My younger brother wanted to play Minecraft with me. He got into my world through LAN, and decided he wanted to build a house of his own. I let him borrow Minuial. However, after ten minutes he got bored and logged off. He said he left Minuial somewhere in a hole. I tried looking everywhere for her, but I had no idea where my brother had gone off with her so she's still lost to this day. My brother and I are always in separate places so he hasn't been able to log back on to show me where he left my horse.


On the other side of the main entrance area is the connection to the large bridge that wraps around the side of the hill the house and pasture was built on. It eventually leads to the large marble staircase that allows one to easily get up and down the hill.


At the bottom of the hill is a lighted path. I made this path so I would have a safe way for me and my horses to get easily to the fields nearby when I take them out for rides.


At the intersection is a natural pool to which I added yet another sitting area.


If you take a left at the intersection, you will go down another lighted path that leads to the fields.


If you continue straight at the intersection, you arrive at a naturally circular alcove which was perfect for me to build a cozy picnic area. On the far right you can see a lever sitting on top of a dirt block. If the lever is pulled it sends fireworks set up across the river rocketing into the air. I would show you a picture, but unfortunately the texture pack I'm using didn't have the fireworks properly textured when I downloaded it. So they don't look very good. You can barely see them. 


And that's my build! I'm glad I stuck with it even when I felt that I had gotten way too far over my head. I'm actually working right now on some fancy baths by another nice scenery area I found. I'll share the pictures of that when I'm done building.

Until next time!

~Kelsey
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9