Top Social

New Neighbors


With Sildor learning everything that he needs, I knew I could no longer delay meeting more men. Unfortunately, the difficulty of finding suitable men has not decreased over time. I tried to be creative in my searching. Instead of going to the tavern or walking along the street, I collected all the information I've learned to choose a good spot where men are likely to gather. I feel as if I'm a hunter looking for animals rather than an noble-blooded elf.

Anyway, an idea came that I should try the building called a "gym." It is a place where residents can go to make their bodies stronger. Being tough and manly is apparently a big deal for the men here, or so I've heard. I went there hoping I would not be too out of the ordinary. What am I saying? I am always out of the ordinary. The humans here have no manners so they take one look at me and refuse to stop staring. I've grown accustomed to it, I suppose, but it's harder dealing with it in new situations where I already feel nervous.

I did not have to spend much time at the gym though. After walking around the whole building, I only met two men. Surprisingly, the rest of the humans there were female. It certainly was not what I was expecting. The first man I met, Mr. Kenji Midden, was taken by another woman. Then there was Mr. Bernard Webber. I don't want to sound horribly mean, and I honestly do not hold this fact against him, but I didn't know it was possible for one's body to grow so large.

As you might assume, we elves live very healthy lifestyles. We eat only what we need and are rarely indoors sitting down. At home, I've never seen anyone with more than a subtle roundness to them. I've seen some people who weigh more here, but not any Mr. Webber's size. I really only point this out because it is surprising. Otherwise, he was much kinder than others I have met. He too was taken by a woman so my search was fruitless.

Knowing I couldn't stay away from home for long, I returned to my children in a disappointed mood. I have not been in this town for too great a time, but my chances of finding suitable men aren't getting any better. If there's no one here to assist me then I should not be here.


But there must be some purpose for me remaining here, because the Goddess sent some help my way. I was returning home after another failed attempt of finding men when I saw two men moving boxes into the house across the street. They were busy most of the day unpacking, but when things calmed down I took my chance to introduce myself to our new neighbors. The man with the bright orange hair was busy, but Mr. Charlie Portem invited me in with a smile.

He was very kind, and I had a good time talking to him. I did embarrass myself at one point though. I asked if he and the other man were lovers. I know that a relationship between two men or two women in not uncommon between humans. In fact, the situation is not unheard of for elves either. The pairing of two members of the same gender is actually considered a very good thing though it happens much less frequently.

Small families for elves are a must since we have limited space in which to grow and live, and there's also the fact that we never die. In order to keep our lands from becoming overcrowded, there is also a long space of time between generations. There is only two distinct generations in our land at the moment. First, there is my parents' generations. They are the ones who survived the terrible crimes of you humans and built what we have today. Then there is the generation of Eloril and I. We have only just begun to start considering courting, and childbearing is a long way off.

Most marriages will have one child. As a second child, I am a rarity. To bring these words back to my point, it is the fact that a couple with two men or two women will not have children that makes the pairing so acceptable. It delays the burden of us having to either stop reproducing and living with what we have, or to challenge the humans for more of what should've been ours.


But I am getting far away from my story, I fear. Thankfully, Charlie only laughed as if I had told an amusing joke and did not get angry at me. He and the other man get my question a lot. Much to my surprise, though their house contains a lone bed the two of them are nothing more than childhood friends and roommates. They will be getting another bed soon, and have chosen to move to this town and live together to save on expenses. That is something I understood.

While talking, I got a call from Ureliel. It was her prom night and she needed to leave. Since Elaril isn't old enough to look after Sildor, I had to return home. I took a chance and invited Mr. Portem over for dinner because his house was still in a state of chaos. He eagerly accepted. It was certainly odd to have someone else besides family at the table. I could tell Elaril really approved of him as well. Mr. Portem only increased my liking for him when he took all of our dirty dishes and washed them without asking if help was needed.

Afterwards, we spent quite a bit of time talking. There is something within me that clicks better with him than any other man I have met. Even as the night grew later and the mood better, Mr. Portem did not fall for my advances. It seems I will actually have to try in order to get what I need. However, I like that he respects himself enough to not give in the second a relatively unknown woman gives signals, unlike the other men here.


Some time has passed since that night, and now Sildor's birthday has come. He continues to look at lot like Benjamin. It does feel strange not to have a toddler in the house anymore. Thank goodness it was the weekend so I wasn't left in an empty house. Now that I am used to being surrounded by my precious noisy children, I think the silence would be that much more unnerving. While Ureliel, Elaril, and Sildor went outside to play, I invited Mr. Portem over. I have continued to converse with him a lot, and hopefully the fact that there is no infant in the house will change soon.


With our relationship finally reaching a high enough point, Charlie fell for my advances now. I am loathe to admit it, but the experience wasn't such a chore as it has been. Somehow, the time we spent together was actually enjoyable. Charlie did have to leave right afterwards. I found that I missed his presence.


We have talked since then, but I have not revealed that I have begun to experience morning sickness. I am afraid that being pregnant will scare him off. Such a thing seems to happen a lot here. With Charlie now being my closest friend and the only adult I can really talk to, it saddens me to think of him being gone.

I keep my mind occupied with other things to keep my mood high. Sildor promised he would work very hard to get on the honor roll so I bought him a present early. He's a very intellectual child, and wanted something called a potion making station. Sildor began working with it as soon as it was delivered and set up. I went about my business thinking I would not see him much that day. To my surprise he reappeared an hour or so later saying he made a potion he wanted me to try.

Naturally, I was nervous. I had no idea what the strange purple liquid did, what it contained, or how it would affect my child and I. Sildor assured me there was only common everyday ingredients in the potion. I put my faith in him and gulped the liquid down. He turned out to be right for all that happened was that I felt incredibly cheerful afterwards.


My mood lessened when I got a call from an acquaintance telling me that Shawnee had passed away earlier that day. I told Ureliel, who was a bit saddened but otherwise unaffected. She had never really had a relationship with her father. None of my children have. It is this that makes me the saddest out of all of us. I think back to my wonderfully caring ada, and realize how much my children are missing out. It's true that Rodney distanced himself from us on purpose, but I have not been doing much to include the other men in our lives. I shall call Charlie soon.

Although there are some moments that make me think I don't need to worry too much. Ureliel seemed perfectly happy when poor Elaril got caught in her sink trap......
1 comment on "New Neighbors"
  1. She is falling for Charlie :D This could get complicated!!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9