Top Social

Imagination


Everyday my children do something surprising- sometimes even before I have the chance to properly wake up. This morning it was Ureliel causing the situation. I hadn't even changed out of my nightclothes yet. I was heading to the bathroom to shower when I found her suddenly sprinting out the front door in her pajamas! I brought her inside right away, and asked why she was so shaken up. Ureliel told me she thought there were monsters under her bed. She said she checked and saw some, which was why she bolted out of the house. I looked under the bed with her to show her there was nothing. There wasn't even a lost sock. I could tell she was embarrassed so I haven't mentioned the matter any further.

I finally had the chance to start working on my writing. Figuring the best place to start is the beginning, I decided to write the tale of how the first elven kingdom was created. Most of my words are historically true although I wrote it as if it was entirely from my imagination. There were a few details I exaggerated to make the story more interesting. Otherwise, I changed little. I'm received small payments for every couple chapters I finished. Hopefully there will be more money when the novel is completed.


Another robber tried to steal from our house last night. I am eternally grateful I bought the alarm. However, I was unprepared for how strongly it deafened me. It is obnoxious to you humans, but with my delicate hearing I thought the insides of my ears were going to pop. I couldn't leave the bedroom while the alarm was going off. It was Earnest who came to deal with the robber again. It seems he improved his physical strength since last we met for he bested the robber easily this time.

I didn't consider it at the time, but Earnest recognized Elaril as his son right away when I brought him out. He was very surprised. We didn't get much of a chance to talk then because Earnest had to deal with the robber, but he said he would call later. I suppose I should have said something to him earlier. I was just so busy the thought never crossed my mind.


Speaking of being busy, things are only going to become more hectic around here. The pains of labor struck me for the fourth time. Elrun became even more forceful about me going to the hospital saying he would look after Ureliel and Elaril. I told him no. Apparently, he had not listened to any of my complaints about how much I detest human hospitals. It was also the night of his prom. I heard this was a very important event for human youths so I didn't want Elrun to miss it. He called me crazy, but went anyway.

I didn't find any insults in his words. Elrun simply cares too much. I know he gets so flustered in situations like these that he imagines the worst happening. If I really felt my life or the child's life was in danger, I would seek outside help. However, I will only go to the hospital if I am left no other option. Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about such things now. This fourth labor went smoothly and easily. My body has gotten used to the birthing process. I can't imagine what the labor will be like with the one hundredth child. I wonder if he or she will slide right out....

Anyway, I have given birth to another boy. I will admit I was hoping I would have a girl since I would have named her after myself following the pattern I've been using. Of course, I love my son regardless. I have named him Sildor.


What has been worrying me the most recently is Ureliel. As if the monster situation wasn't enough, I've found that she's been talking to thin air more and more. I asked her what she was doing, and she told me she has an imaginary friend. I don't really know what to think. I am all for children having bright minds and vivid imaginations. Making friends with their toys and creating fantastical places with common furniture is something I am comfortable with. However, seeing this child constantly converse with nothing more than an idea concerns me.


Ureliel asked me if she could invite some friends over for the night. I almost said no since I was exhausted from taking care of Elaril and Sildor. Then I changed my mind, and told her it was alright. Maybe Ureliel has an imaginary friend because she is lonely. It might be that if she forges better bonds with real people that she will stop talking to something that's not there.

I managed to finish my book before her friends arrived. I received less money than I normally do from my paintings, but every bit helps. I know as well the amount I earn will increase over time. For now, I have enough left from the lottery to keep us going. I think I will hold off having another child for a while though. The house is too crowded as it is, and I'm struggling to keep up. Although I want to go home as fast as possible, I will not force children out at a rate that leaves them struggling for my attention and proper care.

Ureliel's friends, Jeannie Singleton and Suzette Donahue, arrived. It took me an hour or so, but it finally struck me that Jeannie is Elrun's half-sister. She looks as much like him as I do, and by that, I mean they look nothing alike at all. Jeannie has such fair skin and bright red hair that she obviously inherited from her mother. I wonder if Elrun knows that Jeannie is his sister as well. He spoke to her a couple times, but their words were nothing more than a casual conversation.


The girls asked me to order pizza. I had no idea what they meant by that. I told them I would, but had to ask Elrun in hushed tones to explain to me what I needed to do. I am glad to have a son that won't laugh when I need the most basic things in this world explained to me. Honestly, I never wanted to become so integrated with human machines. Now I find it's impossible not to use all these devices while living here.

The pizza came after some time. I tried it, and while I didn't see what the big deal was, I will say it hasn't been the worst thing I've eaten. The girls and Elrun enjoyed it though so it was money well spent. After we ate, Ureliel told a ghost story to her friends. I listened as well. It shocked me as to how much creativity my daughter has. I do not scare easily, but her words were sending shivers through my body. It was getting late in the night when Ureliel finished. The girls were nervous to go to bed at that point, but once they got settled in their sleeping bags they quickly fell asleep.


Jeannie and Suzette left after breakfast the next morning. They wanted to stay a little longer, but that day was a busy one for us. We had two birthdays- Elaril's and Sildor's! As usual, the older sibling went first. Elaril certainly aged up to be a handsome boy. He and Ureliel began to play together right away. I had to call them back in so we could all celebrate Sildor's birthday together.


He inherited my ears and Benjamin's eyes, but I don't understand his hair color. The mix of brown and green is......interesting. It must come from one of Benjamin's ancestors for I know none in my family carry such a coloring.

I felt as if the household would be stable for a while now that Elaril and Sildor have become older, until I realized the day I've been dreading for some time now was almost upon me......
2 comments on "Imagination"
  1. Ahhh! Elrun is such a good boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is starting to get hectic with all the children. I wandered if any of the children would get to meet their Dads.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9