Top Social

A Blessing


With this entire task, and the way things have been going for me so far, I never thought I would catch a break. I work hard, but as soon as I get enough money to feel comfortable some new necessity comes along to leave us destitute. I don't understand why everything revolves around money for you humans. We have no real need for a currency back home. Everyone works because they want to make each others' lives better. With everyone helping out, there's little left that requires money to be bought. If anything, we rely more on trading. It seems as if such a peaceful system will never be achieved here. Humans are too greedy. They want too much, and are never satisfied with the riches that they already have. Unfortunately, I have found my thoughts revolving around money constantly as well though.

So I made a wish. I might not have felt great love for the Goddess lately, but she is not an evil being who takes pleasure out of her people's suffering. I believed that she would find a way to help me.

And she granted my wish. I wished that I might find a way to procure more money so that I could stop worrying, and spend more time with my children. Elrun and Ureliel deserve more than the little I have been giving them. I went to the store to buy ingredients, and while I was there I met a man who was partaking in something called a lottery. He explained that it was like a gambling game. I could buy a ticket, and if I got very lucky, I would be rewarded with a lot of money. Having nothing to lose but a few spare coins, I bought a ticket. The man I met turned purple after I scratched off the required number of spots. He pointed out to me that I had won. He went home with nothing, and I returned with over 32,000 units of currency.

I couldn't believe my luck! The next day I bought the things to help make our life easier- such as new plumbing and something called an alarm system. I will never have to worry about thieves taking away our things again. I bought two things for myself as well. A new bed so I can actually get a good night's sleep, and a device called a laptop. I've learned that with this device one can write stories. That is something I've wanted to try for a while. I also purchased a better picture box because Elrun begged for it.

Most importantly of all, I was able to create a room for him. It was actually in the area where one is supposed to leave their car, but I was pleased with the end result. He had his own space where he can play without worrying of being in the way. Now Elrun also doesn't have to deal with Ureliel's crying. Although the room was still a bit barren, we were both excited about it. I was just glad I could provide better for my children.

Now that he could sleep more comfortably and get better rest, Elrun has been going over to other children's houses more often. One afternoon he went to Jarret Fox's house. It was only after he returned that I leaned Jarret is Shawnee's son and Ureliel's half-brother. Thankfully, Elrun didn't say anything about his sister. I am terrified that Shawnee will someday find out I bore him a daughter, and his marriage will fall apart because of it. I am learning to get past the horrible mistake I made, but I will never forgive myself if his poor wife's life is thrown into chaos because of me.


Ureliel had her birthday. It was the first birthday we were able to celebrate properly. I was so excited to see that my green eyes have been passed on. It makes me wonder if I will ever bear a child that has all of my physical qualities. Ureliel has not inherited my ears just as Elrun has not. I don't know if that's even possible, but I hope it is.


With Ureliel getting older, it was time to get back to my task. Even though he never found my stolen toilet, I gave the policeman I met previously a call. His name was Earnest Anderson, and he seemed eager to come over. I was surprised to see a lack of hair on his head. I had not noticed it before because of his hat. It is curious because he is still a youthful man. He fell easily for my advances, and had to go to work after we were done. This part of the task is slowly becoming easier, but it will never be enjoyable.


Ureliel and I have started on her walking, but the nausea came on quick this time. I had hoped my body would get used to being pregnant, and that I wouldn't have to go through this anymore. I've started to realize that will never be the case. At least I know for sure that another child is on the way. I managed to teach Ureliel to walk between my runs for the bathroom.


Elrun came home from school one day announcing that he got onto the honor roll. Obviously, I had no idea what that was. He explained it to me, and I couldn't have been prouder. We still had a good amount of money left even after buying so many things so I told him to pick out a present for me to buy for him. Much to my surprise, he asked for a cat. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I kept true to my word. We adopted a stray from the local shelter. Elrun named his new friend Kosa. Since I was going to be busy teaching Ureliel and taking care of the new child soon, I told him he will be completely responsible for the cat's well-being. Elrun agreed. I trusted him, but I kept an eye on him anyway.


I asked Elrun to teach me how to use the laptop device. Most of its features are still lost on me, but I'm able to write now. I've never been good at describing emotions with art. Words, on the other hand, are my expertise. There are many stories and legends from home that will interest the humans here. It does take longer to write than it does to paint though so I hope I'll be able to keep up. Thankfully, I've now taught Ureliel all the important skills she will need.


It was with good timing that her learning was completed. As I was writing, I went into labor. Poor Elrun became very flustered. I told him to keep an eye on Ureliel while I went to my bedroom to deal with the situation. He kept trying to convince me to go to the hospital, but I reassured him things would be fine. If I could give birth to him by myself having no idea what to do then I could get through this third labor without complications.

And that is how it went. I gave birth to another boy. Naturally, I followed the pattern I have taken so far. I have named my son Elaril after my brother Eloril.

It certainly will be hard having two young children in the house, but with my recent good luck I am confident everything will turn out fine......
2 comments on "A Blessing"
  1. Yayy!! :) A turn for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad she had her lottery win and life is a little easier for her :D

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9