Top Social

Looking Up


Life has improved somewhat drastically over the past few months. While the scammer did away with all of our family's investments, the bank was able to work through some of the mess that was made to obtain our last payments. That means we were suddenly gifted with over $50,000. I wanted to cry from relief, and I almost did. That money wasn't enough to buy our house back, but it was certainly enough to make this house we're in nicer. For starters, I purchased a television for the children and a better computer to do my writing on.


I also upgraded the plumbing and appliances to newer models as well as getting more comfortable beds for us all to sleep in. The last of the purchases was an alarm system. This all probably sounds like a lot of stuff, but overall not all that much has changed. I didn't want to waste a lot of the money fixing this house up since it would then take longer to save up for our old one. I was wary of making this house more expensive to purchase too. It is my intention to keep the price low so that other families who aren't doing so well like we were still have a cheap option available to them.


With not having to focus so much on fixing broken objects, I have more free time on my hands. I made good use of that free time by getting into the habit of taking a quick jog around the neighborhood before the children left for school each morning. I wanted to get as much exercise in before the snow began to fall, and before the signs of another pregnancy began to show. I could feel it coming.


And, of course, I was right. It was only a few days later when the bulge of my stomach became noticeable. I hoped that this time around I would give birth to a son. It would be nice to have a more even household again, and Sind also really wants a little brother.


Cethiel's birthday came on a very cloudy and very snowy day. Not that she minded. One of the first things she went out to do was simply to just stand there and marvel at the falling flakes. It felt as if she spent the whole day outside. I was glad she was so preoccupied for it gave me the chance to head to the spa for a quick and cheap massage to ease the pain of my aching back.


That pain is there most of the time now. With Cethiel's birthday, we have five people yet only four beds. I didn't go buy another one. There was no room to put it, and I once again didn't want to spend the money. I came up with different idea instead. I sleep as much as I can while the children are at school in order to let Cethiel have my spot in bed during the night. I have become more nocturnal as a result, and what sleep I do need to get at night takes place on the couch.


One day, Cethiel became ill not too long after she had left for school. Barely half an hour has passed when the school called saying she had to come home because she was sick- the nauseous kind of sick. I picked her up, and she slept until about noon. After that, she had some hot soup and we enjoyed yet another snowy day watching whatever was on television.


However, I had to send Renia, Sind, and Melui to the hospital to get flu shots because that is what Cethiel's illness turned out to be. The shots were more expensive than I would have liked, but with such a small house that flu would have passed around like wildfire. There never would have been an end to it.


When Cethiel recovered, she went to the winter festival at the park with Renia and Melui. Sind didn't want to go. He was more content to stay home to continue painting. That boy has become attached to that easel. I suppose it's a good thing he is so dedicated though. The girls didn't mind his refusal to the invitation. They took it as an opportunity to enjoy a girls' day out. However, they only built a single snowman before each went off to do their own thing.


Melui tried ice skating out for the first time. I think she enjoyed herself, but she did come home complaining that she couldn't get any better at it no matter how long she practiced. I promised her I would help her out after I had the baby.


Renia spent what little spare money she had left over from her job on hot cider that she proceeded to drown her stomach with. I only felt a little sympathetic to her later when she returned home whining. She had been stuck forever in a long line for the restroom having to go so badly. She really should have known better than to drink so much while at a crowded park with only one ladies' restroom.


Apparently before Renia got in line for the restroom, Cethiel had her light one of the fire pits provided at the park so she could roast marshmallows. Cethiel ate so many there was no need for me to feed that child dinner.


Sind finished his newest painting while they were gone. For whatever reason, a lot of his works contain octopus or squid. I am merely left to assume it's because of his personality. He just likes strange things.


I discovered after a long labor that my child was a girl. Sind was disappointed he hadn't gotten his brother, but he cheered up when I decided to let him name his new sister. He chose the name Arnin, and I thought it was such an absolutely lovely name he picked. I truly adore it. I was happy I let him name her. Arnin is a very vocal baby though. She refused to stop crying for the first couple hours after she was born.


To dissolve my stresses, several weeks later I accepted a party invitation I received. It was my first time being in one of the truly fancy mansions at the top of Sunset Valley's large hill. Some of my older children were at the party as well. I used most of my time talking to them and catching up. They had a lot of stories to tell since it's been a while since I've had real quality time to converse with them. I couldn't believe it when it finally hit me of how long I have actually been in this town. I have twenty-two grandchildren here already, and even a couple great-grandchildren!

I wished to stay at the party longer, but I was anxious about leaving Arnin for too long.


It was during the middle of winter when I was visited late at night by Ms. Vajjer. She had come to give me a report on how everything was going above in the sky. Her news was great. Their older race is pleased at the data that has been collected about Melui. They're even glad they've gotten to see her raised in different home environments. It adds flair to their data or something. The aliens were most excited and interested to see how my elvish traits dominated their foreign ones. It is the first time such a thing has happened. Ms. Vajjer said the offer is always open if I want to have another child by their race, but that I have done my part well and the women in my lands will be left alone thanks to my participation.

Ms. Vajjer left, and, relieved, I slept better than I have for a long time......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9