Top Social

Wishing


Some days it's very difficult dealing with all the noise that comes from Isilmar's room. His is on the second floor and on the other side of the house form where mine is, and yet I can hear almost every note that he plays on his guitar. I would get frustrated with him about it, but since he's becoming such a wonderful musician I don't mind listening most of the time. I asked him if making music is what he wants to do with his life, but Isilmar isn't sure. He's got the skill, but it's unfortunately clear he doesn't have the confidence in himself. I believe he can do it if he really wants to and is determined to work hard at it. The performances he puts on for the family are amazing. If he would just be a bit more proactive at getting other people to hear what he can do, I'm sure he'll see his gift properly then.


Garthon had his birthday. I don't know why I was so surprised that his appearance didn't match what I had been thinking in my head. Garthon only inherited Darrin's hair color, while he got my eyes, ears, and even a lighter skin tone. Well, I suppose Garthon does have a lot of Darrin in his facial structure as well. That's something I have a tendency of forgetting about. Elrelas loves playing with his youngest brother. My sons are definitely at their most adorable when they play together.

Of course, Garthon's birthday meant it was time for me to start considering my next move. I sat down and thought a lot about it. I had to do a bit of math to decide if it was wise or not to have another child. I figured out that if I became pregnant soon, the new baby would enter his or her childhood shortly after Elrelas, Henduil, Silmalad, and Alyan graduate from high school and move out. I was surprised to realize this. With the house being so full it seems like the worst time to add someone else. The truth is that if I don't want it to end up just being Garthon after the quads leave, then becoming pregnant is something I'll have to do quickly.


The man who ended up being the one to help me create that new pregnancy was Mr. Andie Brymer. I had met him once before at Thurston's place. Mr. Brymer was a repairman who had been fixing Thurston's computer. By fate's design, I just happened to run into him again. What happened between us should be all to obvious by now. After our time together, I wished with everything I had that our child would be a girl. If I can have just now daughter now, I can make it through another straight run of ten more sons.


Winter started closing in on us once again, but autumn didn't want to go out so easily. There was one day where the temperatures soared so much it felt like summer again. We took the chance to spend the warm afternoon in the pool before we had to close it up for the season.

I also used that afternoon as an excuse to force myself to have fun to help me push past Thrin's recent death. It feels as if I'm losing my children so rapidly now. Before, all my children living in Monte Vista had passed away. Now all those who were born in Monte Vista are beyond my reach. Has it already been so long? Although I guess we didn't stay in Monte Vista nearly as long as we stayed in Appaloosa Plains and now here in Aurora Skies. It only makes sense that I would feel so caught up on.


The weather changed quickly after that. The snow arrived even before winter did. Though it was cold, Isilmar finally took that step to do more with his music. He went to the park to play, and was so surprised when he drew in a good crowd. What surprised him more was home much money he received in tips. I reminded him that I told him he was much better than what he thought.



It feels like I went to bed, and Elrelas, Henduil, Silmalad, and Alyan turned into teenagers overnight. The differences in their appearances have become even more apparent now. It makes me so relieved to see them as they are. It's still to this day that I become terrified at the thought of how I could have lost one or more of them during the pregnancy or childbirth. I would instantly redo all the stress and all the tears if I was given the choice of having things easier or having all four of them.


My wishing didn't end up doing anything. Having sons remains my current destiny. With all my talk of wanting a daughter so badly, I don't feel frustrated at the boys I keep having though. The disappointment I feel is quickly worn away by my excitement of meeting my new baby. There's something that's just so miraculous that hasn't disappeared even after all this time.

Ada and Eloril are having the time of their lives have so many boys to teach and roughhouse with as well. All three of us are amazed at how this new boy will make eleven sons in a row though. I wonder how long this streak will hold up. I'm really curious to find out.


I woke up once again in the middle of the night to find the same alien as before had returned. However, this time he was not taking readings. He was truly snooping around the outside of our house. This left me no choice but to go see what he wanted. The alien introduced himself as Xias Vajjevoo. That's what I think his name was anyway. It's always hard to tell what the correct pronunciation should be. Mr. Vajjevoo appeared to be friendly enough. I asked him why he kept coming over, what he wanted, and if the aliens are really watching my family in particular out of everyone else. He answered yes to that last question. We've been watched ever since I took Anondil in.

Our family, being so unique, was incredibly interesting to the aliens. They watched, but have always done it as quietly and unobtrusively as possible. Recent solar flares have made it incredibly difficult for their instruments to pick up proper readings though. That's why they've started to land physically a bit more often.

Mr. Vajjevoo said if I'm against them watching us then they will stop. Their respect for me saving Anondil is still very strong. Apparently, aliens live a lot longer than humans do. Some of those who watched me raise him are even still alive. I told Mr. Vajjevoo that their watching is alright as long as they remain to do so quietly and without interference. He was relieved at my acceptance.


Then he revealed that he had a question for me. The aliens have long since stopped taking human women to impregnate. Apparently, many other worlds are out there and are used to sharing their bloods with other species. What the aliens were doing to the women here was nothing different than what women from other worlds have been participating in willingly for millennium. The aliens didn't know they were doing something wrong. However, they remain interested in mixing their blood with that of the humans and elves. I was asked if I wanted to volunteer.

Naturally, I had to say no. I tried to be polite about it as possible despite the fact that the very idea just felt wrong. Mr. Vajjevoo didn't seem to mean any harm, but his words made me feel as if the children produced were treated more as test subjects than children. The reasonable excuse I gave him was that my task is to mix the blood and human and elf, not alien and elf. Mr. Vajjevoo became disappointed then, but didn't press me further. He told me the offer would always be open, and left after that.


Lomaraniel called me and invited me over one day. Axel was out of the house, and she knew I could use an all-girl day to relax. I eagerly took the opportunity. I spent most of the day with my daughter and her triplets. It was just what I needed to refresh myself. We didn't even do anything that spectacular- just talked and ate. It made feel better than I have in a long time though.


Winter started in full swing. The snow flew without stopping, and the days grew short. Despite how long it felt for time to pass, time did pass. All the major events in the house have the tendency of occurring close together. Everything this time around happened within the space of a week.

The first thing was that little Rieldir was born. He's definitely a crier. It wasn't too long before I had a headache. Otherwise, the labor and delivery went smoothly and Rieldir was born healthy. Most importantly, his being born alone is reassuring me that having all of my recent multiples so close together really was nothing more than coincidence.


Elwen called to let me know she was sending something over. It turned out to be a child swing she used to use for her daughter, Kara. She hadn't had a use for it for years now, but figured it would be helpful to me. She was right. Garthon absolutely loves it. He can spend hours in there peacefully being swung back and forth. It makes it easier keeping track of him as I go about trying to get things done.


Then we has two birthdays. It was Isilmar's big one. I was very happy when Isilmar told me he was going to take the chance to try and become a famous musician. When he went out to start looking for jobs, gigs they're apparently called, he was once again surprised to find out how many people already knew about him. People were giving him connections left and right, and before any of us knew what happened, Isilmar's career had a great head-start. He also was given a nice place of his own as well.


The second birthday was Garthon's. Already he's become quite the charmer. Darrin says he certainly gets it from him. I smiled, and just went along with his idea.

I started my wishing once more. After Rieldir's first birthday will be Elrelas, Henduil, Silmalad, and Alyan's. Hopefully I can have a little girl soon who will fill in one of their spots after they graduate......
2 comments on "Wishing"
  1. Garthons is a little cutie :D

    Something I've been meaning to ask through this - why are none of the children getting the elf immortality?
    is it because they have human blood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because even when they have the elf ears and strawberry blond hair and green eyes, they're not elves and thus they grow up like humans.
    In fact when Ellothiel's firstborn became a toddler, Ellothiel said that full-elf babies become toddlers as like 100+ years old. And they stay little for centuries.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9