Top Social

Luck?


Even though it took me some time to get into the routine of caring for a young child, I've gotten back where I need to be. In fact, I feel as if I've been more efficient than ever. Perhaps I'm taking too much of the credit, and Lothirien is just a smart child, but in what feels like half the time she has learned everything needed. She walks as if she never knew how not to, and she uses words I hadn't heard from my other children until they were older. Whether Lothi is a step-above or I have grown to be a good teacher, I'm proud of her either way. I suppose it's good that she knows what she needs to with another child already on the way.


It's also easier to focus more on Lothi's needs when I have two teenagers willing to help, mostly, with whatever I need. Elaril worked hard to get on the honor roll, and Ureliel has spent a lot of time learning how to make machines more productive. For example, she has somehow made it so the toilet, shower, and kitchen sink can clean themselves. I don't understand how it works. I barely understand how any of the objects function in the first place. All I know is that I enjoy not having to scrub at that toilet anymore. I reason that saying this makes me sound spoiled, but I miss having workers designated to keeping my home clean.

Elaril's painting has been improving greatly. He likes to create works featuring various aspects of foreign countries. Not only are his paintings gorgeous, but he finishes them one right after the other. Elaril takes immense pride in watching them be sold. He really would get along well with naneth. Oh, how marvelous it would be to see the two of them interact.

I must admit, I do wonder what my parents would think of my children if they met them. Rather, I wonder what they think of them now. I am able to forget that they contain half of you humans that I hate since they are my children and I love them so. But would my parents, or Eloril for that matter, be able to do the same? I'm sure they are not pleased, as I am, with the Goddess. Perhaps they would see my children, and manifest their own hate of this task and humans onto them.

They might not show that hate, but I fear they would hold it in their hearts. I cannot blame them if they did. If it was I watching one of my dear friends going through this task, I would be naive as I once was and take it out on the innocent children. Now I have the knowledge that Elrunamir, Ureliel, Elaril, Sildor, Lothirien, and the other ninety-five children to come have no reason for which to be hated. They did not choose to be born in the bodies they have. That was the Goddess' choice, and I suppose my choice in some way as well.

So honestly, although I wonder how a meeting between my family and children would go, I hope it never happens. I don't think I could stand to face the reality of my sons and daughters being hated for what they are. I would much rather my curiosity be unsatisfied for all eternity.


Sildor asked me to watch one of the programs being played on the television box. I largely ignore whatever is happening when my children have it on, but for Sildor's sake I agreed. Though I may not find enjoyment out of such an activity, I do adore the time it allows us to spend together. Sildor was very much enthralled by the program, and was having a good time. I was laughing too, but unfortunately, it was because the program was so ridiculous that I couldn't contain myself. Of course, I let the others believe it was because I truly found what was happening to be funny. I didn't want to hurt or embarrass Sildor by making him believe I thought he was ridiculous for watching the program.


I felt confused when the tightening pains of labor came upon me. It was much sooner than I had anticipated. However, the entire pregnancy had been odd. My stomach had been much larger than it has been before. I thought it was because I was carrying a larger baby. I would soon find out how very wrong I was.

In truth, I nearly told Elaril to help me get to the hospital. Thank goodness Ureliel was more than eager to help me with the delivery, otherwise I don't know what I would have done. When I saw I had given birth to a tiny daughter, I couldn't believe she had caused such a large stomach. The contractions kept coming though. That's when the truth hit Ureliel and I- there were multiple babies. I only know of one set of twins out of the entire elven population, so it was never something I considered for myself. However, I suppose I am going to be breaking a lot of records for elf women. I did not have a mere two children.


I had three. I thought I was going to pass out after the last daughter was born. This was the worst labor so far, and I pray with passion I will never experience another like it. Since they have elven blood in them, my three new daughters are strong and healthy unlike early arriving human multiples. The biggest issue now is that I don't know what I am going to do.

We did run into a bit of luck, if that's what I should call it, though. Thankfully Aravilui, Arluwen, and Amadrie went to sleep right away. Ureliel helped me to get situated before she and Elaril took over control of the household. Elaril worked on moving Lothi's crib and her things into the older children's room. Then he had to go out and purchase two more cribs. Each room is absolutely crowded now, but at least everyone has a place to sleep. In the meanwhile, Ureliel went to the store. Ever since Lothi was potty trained, our supplies of diapers and the such has dwindled. I can't imagine the amount we'll use with three new children.

Anyway, an amazing thing happened while Ureliel was at the store. Before she went I told her to buy another lottery ticket. The amount of money left over from before had been waning, and I knew it wouldn't hurt to spend a bit of spare change in hopes of getting lucky a second time. I didn't think it would actually work. Ureliel returned home with the needed supplies and over 34,000 units of money. I couldn't believe we had been so blessed. That's when it occurred to me it might not be luck.

My win last time came after much praying to the Goddess. Perhaps this is her influence again. It's possible she's helping me, or even rewarding my efforts in this task. I perceive this to be the case, but I suppose I'll never know for certain.


I was able to get somewhat of a good night's sleep. I am eternally grateful that Elaril instantly volunteered to sign up for homeschooling when he learned I gave birth to triplets. I don't think taking care of them will be possible by myself. I do suspect he had been wanting to propose the idea for some time, since it also gives him more time to paint. If he can help me survive the next couple weeks, I'll be willing to do whatever he wants.

And the days have passed by in a massive blur. Ureliel has taken over the cooking, and Elaril takes care of most of what Lothi needs. Many days I don't bother getting out of my night clothes, for in the rare quiet moments I slip back into bed to sleep. If I am this exhausted and stressed as an elven women, I don't think a human mother would have been able to survive this chaos. I couldn't wait for things to get a bit easier. However, I forgot the saddening aspect of getting that wish.


Even though the days felt like eternities, the weeks flew by before I knew what happened. Without realizing, it was time for my surprise trio to become older. All three children inherited mine and Seamus' eyes. Aravilui has my hair, but she lacks the elven ears. Arluwen and Amadrie are almost identical with Seamus' ginger hair, but Amadrie is the only one of the triplets to have my ears.

Now with four toddlers in the house, the household has gotten very full. Although the things that were difficult to keep up with before have gotten easier, other things have taken their place. This really would be impossible without Elaril staying home. No matter how hard I try, I can't keep an eye on all four girls by myself. Even though the two of us are slowly making progress, I still don't know if everything will be alright in the end. Thankfully, Sildor has learned how to create something called a Sleep Elixir. I am able to have a bit more energy to keep me going.


Sildor's birthday came like the triplets' did- before I knew it. We managed to fit in a celebration for him with our hectic schedule, and we had his birthday cake for dinner that night. Almost immediately, Sildor went out to dye his hair a normal brown color. He had never said anything about it until this point, but I guess it makes sense he wouldn't like that nasty greenish-brown coloring either.

The crazy pace continued on afterwards. I feel absolutely terrible, for I have spent almost no time with Lothi. Ureliel takes care of her most of the time, and while Ureliel and Sildor are at school and Elaril helps me with Aravilui, Arluwen, and Amadrie, she's left to play by herself. Even though she seems to be a naturally introverted child, I still don't like leaving her alone so much.


Then I thought things were going to get much worse. How could it be that I forgot Ureliel would be a young adult with her next birthday? I planned for her celebration, only realizing at the last second that she would be leaving us afterwards. Would I be able to handle without her here? I might be the mother who is suppose to be responsible for her, but I would have been lost a long time ago without her help.

It was with great relief that the four of us sat down after dinner that night. Ureliel explained her plans to us. She said she had intentions to become a doctor. It came as little surprise to me seeing as how collected and skillful she had been helping me deliver the triplets. Ureliel said, however, that she had plenty of time to accomplish that. My heart swelled when she said she couldn't leave without knowing everything would be alright here. Her plan was to stay until the rest of us could keep things controlled.

Some parents might be embarrassed by relying on their children, but I have never been happier to accept the support......
2 comments on "Luck?"
  1. Ureliel is such a good daughter and Elaril is a fantastic son! You have raised some good children! :) Good luck with those triplets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Triplets are always a handful!!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9