Top Social

Namesake


All of my children's birthdays seem to keep coming so fast. Elaril has grown from a handsome child into a handsome adolescent, excuse me, teenager. I'm always happy to see them grow older, but saddened as well. Ureliel, on the other hand, was positively ecstatic that she and Elaril were the same age again. The two of them are always at their most happiest when they are.


Elaril's aging up turned out to be good timing. Late this past night, another thief decided to try and swipe something from our house. At home, no one has to worry about someone stealing their things. That's just how trustworthy everyone is. Unfortunately, I should have known better than to bring that naivety here. There are many other wealthier houses around, but we keep being targeted instead. It must be because the thieves think it will be easier to break in. Thank goodness for the alarm, otherwise I would have grown paranoid a long time ago.

But as I mentioned, Elaril becoming a young man also helped us out. I don't know how, but he was able to sense the thief coming. He got out of bed to wait for him to come in. Elaril did nothing but stand there, and yet the thief was so scared by his unexpected presence that he jumped a mile high. The alarm was also going off by this point. I had to wait in the bedroom and cover my head with my pillow. When the noise stopped, I found the thief had beaten the policeman rather badly in a fight. The thief was run off though, and he never had the chance to take any of our possessions.

The rest of us were ready to head back to bed, but poor Sildor was left so terrified by the event. He was almost on the verge of tears. I stayed up talk with him and calm him down. In the end, he spent the rest of the night sleeping in my bed with me.


It's hard getting meals to last in this house. Elaril eats as if he's constantly starving, and Ureliel isn't much better. She's slowly been gaining weight, although she's still thin enough to make me worry. I suppose I'll just have to get used to the fact that her body is naturally so small. Sildor also eats quite a lot. I don't know what I'm going to do when he becomes a teenager as well. I can't leave myself out of this factoring though. I do have somewhat of an excuse since I'm heavily pregnant, but there are a couple times when I eat because I want not and not because I have to.


Although I suppose I can't use pregnancy as an excuse anymore. It was the first time since Elrunamir was born that it had only been me at home, and of course I would go into labor then. I won't complain too much though. It was less stress on my mind to not have toddlers to worry about, or dealing with my children trying to force me to go to the hospital. My hard work was repaid with a beautiful new daughter.

It was so exciting to meet her, for now I have a namesake. Lothirien completes the legacy of my family's names being passed down. How I wish my father, mother, and brother could meet Elrunamir, Ureliel, and Elaril, but unfortunately that meeting will only ever occur in my mind. I have recently learned how to operate a camera box though, so I will be able to take a picture of each of my children back.

I wonder if I was a fussy baby, because Lothirien certainly is. She came out crying and has rarely stopped since. Mostly she's just been tired and hungry, and I'm a bit out of practice taking care of her since it's been so long that I've had a young child to deal with. As excited as I am to have a daughter named after me, I'm just as excited to see what she looks like. It would be incredible if she had all my features, but I'll think she's adorable no matter what.


After dinner, I invited Charlie over to meet Lothi. It was nice to see him genuinely excited. To watch him not want to let go of Lothi, to change her without complaint, and overall gush over her filled something that had been missing in my heart. Unfortunately, Charlie had to leave before too long. He promised to come over often to help out though. It was a bit hard to believe him. Rodney was useless, Earnest only calls Elaril, and Benjamin is the same. It's difficult to get my hopes up and leave myself vulnerable, and yet I'm willing to take the chance. Besides, Charlie only lives across the street. We can't really ignore the other.


Things progressed well over the next couple days. I got back into the infant-caring-of routine, and Ureliel was able to get on the honor roll again. I was feeling a bit stressed, so I accepted Charlie's request to relax for a while at his house while Ureliel and Elaril looked after Sildor and Lothi. However, the night turned out to be much different than expected.

Almost as soon as I arrived, an emergency happened at Charlie's work area and he had to leave. He told me I was free to stay. I planned to leave, but then Charlie's roommate came into the living room. Charlie had told me about Mr. Seamus Gingery. We had not met until that point though. It was surprising to see he has the same deep, green eye color that I have. The only other person I have met with the same trait is the person I inherited the color from- my father. I started up a conversation with Mr. Gingery to be polite. Clearly, he had other intentions. He tried very little to hide his true desires, and came on very forwardly.

I must admit I didn't know what to do. Here was the easiest opportunity I would most likely ever get for this task. The man was practically nudging me to the bedroom. I hesitated. After only recently giving birth, would it be a good thing to become pregnant right away? Then there was the issue that Mr. Gingery was Charlie's childhood friend. What would he think of me if he would out that we'd slept together? Would he detest me? Would he not want to see Lothi anymore? I was scared.

However, in the end I chose to keep moving forward. With Seamus' eagerness, I would have ended up laying with him sometime in the future. I am rather reluctant to admit it, but he has a certain addicting charisma that even I found hard to ignore. The experience between us is hard to describe personally, yet he seemed satisfied. I suppose I would not say it was awful. I'm still rather emotionless about the whole thing.


I forgot about our meeting as time kept progressing. Charlie has stayed true to his word and visits often. He and Lothi already have a good relationship. It was sad that he couldn't be there for her birthday, but his work demanded he be away. Lothirien is truly a beautiful child. She is the first of my children to inherit my hair. She also has my ears, but has somehow ended up with stunning purple eyes. Charlie has no idea where they came from, and I certainly don't. I can't help but to stare at them all day. There is a premonition in me that Lothi will be the object held in many boys' hearts. Thankfully, she has three older brothers who will be all too willing to defend her if the need arises.

It is calming to have someone to teach again. However, I can no longer push that night with Seamus away any longer. I got what I wanted. I am pregnant once more......
2 comments on "Namesake"
  1. Aww! Lothi is adorable :) and oh no, what about Charlie?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lothi is adorably cute!! Charlie :( I wander how he is going to feel about his roommate :/

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9