Top Social

Vampire Coven ~Post Collection #2~


     “Let me go, you bastard!”

     The placid expression on the human’s face erupted into one of fury. His words rang loud. His attempt at shaking off his captor’s grip, however, resulted in a deft punch to the chest that sent him sprawling onto the ground.

     “You are starving as well if your charm broke so quickly.” she noted.
     “It lasted long enough,” he scoffed, “I had to journey across the entire forsaken town to find an isolated target.”

Her nose crinkled in disgust.

     “His blood smells of ale.”
     “Then leave him to me if you are going to be ungrateful. I’m sure turning to dust will be a pleasant sensation.”


     “I already told you to take my wallet if that’s what you want!” the human’s cry covered up her retort.
     “His species is as idiotic as ever. He thinks we care about his money.” he almost laughed.
     “He thinks he will be leaving here alive.” she added with a giggle.
     “W-What are you going-? What are you?!”
     “Ah, finally he notices.” he shook his head with a sigh.

She smiled at the human with fangs gleaming in the moonlight.

     “What we are is no longer any of your concern.”


___________________________________________________




A strong push against the body was necessary to wrench her fangs free. The human’s neck was a bloodied, torn mess. Her breaths heaved as she dug her hands into his pocket.

     “This will actually be quite useful. Money is necessary no matter what age it is,” she reasoned, snatching the bills and coins before shifting through the rest of the wallet’s contents, “He was a father raising a daughter on his own.”
     “Does that bother you?”
     “If I cared about such things, I would not have chosen this path. The girl will manage. She is almost grown.” she answered indifferently.


A gasp escaped her lips when he yanked her mouth into his. Pain tingled down her neck, but she embraced it. Pain was pleasure. His tongue claimed the lingering remnants of the human’s blood.

     “We will find something for you soon.” she promised.
     “We will. In a few days. We can’t do much at once. This town is small, and he was a man of the law. His disappearance will raise suspicion.”
     “What will become of the body?”
     “There is a lake I happened upon. A deep one. His clothes will be filled with rocks, and I will take him for a nice swim. Unless a great drought burns this land, no one will find him.”
     “And after that?”
     “We will find a place for a home, even if it be temporary. At the very least, we can no longer stay in this cemetery. The fog here does not do wonders for your complexion.”


___________________________________________________




     “A hermit human’s abandoned shack,” he spoke dryly in disgust, “Marlow would be horrified.”
     “For one who used to be a dirty, homeless urchin, one would think you would have learned to be glad for any roof over your head,” she pointed out tartly, “It is isolated, intact, and will provide us shelter from the sun about to rise. If you would rather keep your pride by pitifully dancing about in the moving tree shadows in order to stave off death, be my guest. I, however, will take advantage of what luck has given me.”

He said nothing, but glared as he followed her towards the front door.


     “Ugh! It is more vile than I thought,” his voice returned upon entering, “It smells of human waste and spilled, decaying blood. No doubt the latter is why this place is abandoned and forgotten.”
     “It has what we need for the moment. Tonight we can move the altars from the remnants of the mansion basement to make sleeping more comfortable.” she suggested, stressed patience apparent in her words.
     “Our coven was one of the most powerful in the world. How far we have fallen.”


Further complaints were halted by another intrusions of lips upon lips. Her weight was launched at him so fiercely he struggled with his balance.

     “What are you doing?”
     “Stopping your insufferable poor mood. You are full of doubt and complaints, and it is entirely unbefitting of you. Come. This room down the way must contain a bed. Let us cover the windows and stay awake far into the morning. I have strength enough from a long rest and filling meal to keep you occupied until you are utterly useless.”
     “You are a truly doting wife.” he smirked, running his tongue down the length of her neck and feeling the last kind of heat he could feel stir within him.
     “No one else but I was able to put up with you.” she reminded him.
     “Something I am glad of, for quality should not be found easily,” he crooned seductively, “But, yes, let us go, and I will make you glad as well.”


___________________________________________________




     “Eldon! Don’t grab me from behind in surprise like that! If I had a beating heart, it would be racing!”
     “How is the painting coming, my love?”
     “It is…acceptable. I am clearly a few centuries out of practice,” she sighed, “Although, I suppose I should be grateful there was already a means here for me to paint, as well as a way for me to sell my creations anonymously. We would have to do nothing but thieve otherwise.”
     “Your work is well appreciated, and it will be well rewarded in time. Keep at it as you can. I will be back in a bit.”
     “Hunting?”
     “Something of that sort.” he smirked mischievously.


His feet wore down the already well walked path towards the ocean. It was one view the humans hadn’t touched. Nothing but natural erosion had disturbed the place from his memories. How many nights had the coven spent at the beach having picnics and parties? The land had been theirs for miles. Now they could hardly claim a human home as residence.

     “Don’t bother sneaking up,” he spoke to the quiet night, “I could smell you coming, dog.”

He couldn’t even have a moment of peace.


Not that he had been looking for one.

     “Now, now. There’s no need for any of that. I only wanted to talk.”
     “Talk? You’ve been tracking me for weeks,” he scoffed, “Trying to track me anyway. Your breed has clearly lost some of its touch in the time I’ve been sleeping. I’ve had to stand myself out here in the open for you to find me. It’s pathetic.”

He turned smoothly to find a frown and tart tone awaiting him.

     “The name’s Brannon. Brannon Weldon.”
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9