Top Social

Color My World Behind the Scenes #5

Hello there! It's that time again! With the close of another generation of Color My World, I'm here to show you the weird things or interesting shots that went down while snapping shots for the story. In case you're wondering why there wasn't one of these like normal after the transition from children to teenagers of the main characters it's because there simply wasn't enough material for two such Behind the Scenes. I've gotten pretty good at directing the Sims and taking pictures without funky mishaps happening anymore. It made more sense to wait until the generation finished completely, and even then this one won't be overly long. I'll be posting an update about the near future of the blog and the continuation of Color My World tomorrow though, so be sure to check back then!


We'll start off, of course, at the beginning. I'd taken the shots of Eden and Dianthus being there for Ethereal's death before the great collapse of my laptop occurred. This shot was taken not too long after I got it back up and running, and boy did instantly shoving all these Sims into one save after having such troubles make me nervous. It's why I stuck to a certain number and didn't include others who would have been at the funeral, like Purity and Sap with their family. Or the two uncles, one aunt, seven cousins, and all their families Ethereal technically has that have never been introduced past the first time they were mentioned in Chapter Forty Five of Gen One...

That's just too many Sims to keep track of. They technically have a connection with the Vivids and interact with each other, but for the story their part is negligible.


I brought back a trick I used in Gen One when Amaranth pushed Purity over in the classroom. None of the poses I had for children gave me a good, hurt shot of Merlot on the ground the way Doodle jumping onto him did. So I instructed Doodle to be a bad doggy for a moment for Merlot to fall over. Moving Doodle away though cause Merlot's arms to stretch weirdly though, so the angle had to be fiddled with the keep the extra player in the pose out of the shot.


Ethereal read Dianthus a bedtime story in order to get the picture of Ethereal comforting Dianthus while she slept. Did you guys know there is a chance for adults to go a child while they sleep and perform a unique animation? I believe it's the adult bending over and kissing the child's forehead, although I don't quite remember. I swear it's true. It seems to be completely autonomous as I couldn't direct it to happen manually, and I'm not sure of the requirements- if the adult has to be the children's parent, if certain traits come into play, etc. I saw it happen once, and I've never seen it again.


An Amaranth appreciation picture. It's hard to believe at times how far things have come since his first introduction.


My game seems to have a lucky habit of having the extra Sims in the world sneak onto the lots when the plot is leading to a particular Sims'a appearance. Here Dianthus and Apple were running along trying to find Sage with Malachite schedule to show soon. Then he goes ahead and walks over to make it easy for me to temporarily add him to the household for the chapter's final pictures.


I posed this on its own before, but here's the picture of Coal and Holly's brood as mermaids once more. What a happy family.


Frost needs an extra big screen for his phone, apparently. The guy's eyesight must really be going.


I forget if I was trying out a pose or an animation, but whatever it was Timber didn't like it.


Here's something of a comparison shot, but it's also another little appreciation picture as I love my red boys so much. Coal really has that shorter, rounder face of his mother's compared to Amaranth.


The kids showing off their Zentih Peak uniforms. I loved the outfits so much as I've always found school uniforms cute ever since I was in middle school, so it was nice getting to have Ember, Gilly, Dianthus, and Merlot don them for a while. I think they came out pretty well, and I was glad there was an emblem on the shirt Ember wears that had a vague ZP look since there wasn't a blank version. There should always be a blank version.


The wrong twins mirrored each other. Dianthus and Ephemeral mimicked each other perfectly in sync for almost the whole loop of this Chat animation.


When I created this version of Starlight Shores to use as Tinseltown, I only brought along the family the story needed at first. Amaranth and Coal weren't added until later where obviously their fresh copies had no connection to the household members. It was easy enough to connect the correct children to their parents with Master Controller, but Coal and Holly's relationship needed a tad more manipulation. There wasn't a necessity for them to be married in-game, yet it didn't feel right to not have them together. They flirted until Coal proposed. A quick wedding was had at the bottom of the stairs.



The first shots of Tamarix. The original plot was actually for him and Ember to break up over the time skip as they realized their feelings were indeed the temporary high of a first real relationship as well as the stress of trying to raise a child together when they were both still relatively young. However, that changed for several reasons. Breaking them up as soon as they properly got together felt like it undid the entire plot and made it worthless, and I simply thought the two made just too much of a cute couple.


One of the reasons why I knew I needed to get rid of the huge house at some point. There were a lot of parts to the design I didn't like, and it constantly caused issues like this whenever someone was added to the household. This was when I was getting the shots for the short story focusing on the Charms helping Ethereal through her grief, and even with only three Sims on the lot the game struggled to render them.


Dahlia did several flirty interactions with Ethereal in order to get the correct poses, like her holding Ethereal's hand. That prompted Ethereal to wish for them to kiss. Since this was a copy save where nothing would be affected, I let them go for it.


A solo appreciation shot of Coal. Around this time in the story it was hard for me to accept that it was almost at the point where even he would have to be aged to an Adult soon. The babies grow up too quickly.


A CAS version of Flurry as a toddler. He did come out with color, although I don't remember what he got. I rolled for the albinism after doing the calculation, which was a 30% for the combination of Ember and Tamarix's genes, and it struck true for the lack of color being passed on. Depending on who Flurry has children with, because his albinism is more dominant than his parents' he has an even higher opportunity of passing it along.


Dianthus after her aging up before I returned her to her proper look. She really does have those chubby cheeks.


Dianthus decided to heckle one of Arbor's parents, leading to a dramatic point!


Gilly's determined stance. I have to remember to look at the CAS animations for traits more. There are some good ones I keep forgetting to use.


The smiling Arbor I posted on this year's Arbor Day.


Arbor was meant to have a different personality than the one he ended up getting. That personality meant to strike him as more of a traditional bad boy- not doing his work, constantly causing fights, getting into trouble, and unashamedly flirting with whoever he wanted not caring of any hurt feelings. It's why I gave him the flirty trait, but once I settled on what he was really like it didn't fit him at all anymore. I saw no reason to remove it though as it had no impact on the pictures being taken.


Timber really didn't want Dianthus and Arbor to get along. He kept showing up to the lots where they were at and interrupting their interactions. The two couldn't get any privacy.


Like mother, like daughter, I guess. They wouldn't stop stretching their arm like this for reasons beyond me. I couldn't fix the problem, so the two didn't get to eat much of their ice cream.


I forgot I had a better pose of an adult holding an unconscious child than this, but I had already gotten rid of this save with all the Sims over for the party. I couldn't be bothered to redo it. Timber walked by while I was setting the situation up, and he was clearly pleased with his handiwork.


Arbor needed someone to fight with to get the right animation, and Coal made the best sense out of everyone currently in the household. The poor guy was just trying to swim, but he got stuck on the other side of the wall trapped in Arbor's closest to get the right positioning.



Some shots of Gilly and Dianthus I took and posted to my Tumblr for Pride Month. I redid the one with the stripes several times, but I couldn't get the colors to stay straight no matter what I did. Honestly, I wasn't trying too hard and found I couldn't be bothered to work on it until it was perfect. I was already frustrated since I was going to do many more shots for the month that featured more of the other LGBT+ Sims, but my computer kept rendering their outfits terribly. I decided to abandon the little project until I build the better custom laptop I want to make once I'm able to get a car and save up more money.

For those interested, these are the Sims I was going to include in the simple photoshoot. Two of them are from the Vampire Coven challenge I post on my Tumblr, so they might not be familiar.

Douglas- Bisexual
Felicity- Pansexual
Amaranth- Demisexual
Dahlia- Pansexual
Rosemary- Homosexual
Pastel- Homosexual
Gilly- Bisexual
Dianthus- Asexual
Confetti- Bisexual

There are more than these Sims in my stories who consider themselves LGBT+, but this collection was the main, visual set. Some Sims, like Willow, hadn't come into creation yet either.


Time for Coal and Holly to become adults! One of them didn't mind, and the other wasn't so ecstatic.


Coal stayed consistent with his hair defaulting to cornrows like it did when he went from a Teen to Young Adult.


A test of Coal's hair on Merlot when it came to him to be aged up.


Russet got this interesting style. For those who noticed Russet's similarity to Buckeye once the truth came out of his allegiance to The Company but before his connection to Buckeye was revealed, you were incredibly right. To make Russet, I cloned Buckeye and changed a few features slightly. That was it, and his coloring was left identical. This was actually the reason why Coal's eye began hurting after meeting him for the first time. Coal was subconsciously recognizing Buckeye, which prompted the flare of pain. There was nothing that got in his eye. Such was meant to be stated in the story directly, but there was nowhere it fit nor any realistic was for the characters to make the connection between the truth and a small moment that happened in their childhood.


The Charm family came to enjoy the skating rink during the winter festival, and I guess they thought their constitutions hardy enough to take on the cold weather without jackets or coats.


Another now obligatory mashup of two Sims who are part of a couple. It's interesting seeing Dianthus's eyes with those heavy brows of Arbor's.



To add insult to injury over the depressing ending of the generation, here's one of the children Dianthus and Arbor had together during a moment of weakness of mine where I contemplated letting Dianthus live and escape. I was playing around with the couple in a temporary home seeing the children they would have. This little girl is Fawn.


I was going to even build the family a house in Berrybrook proper, until temptation passed and the story fell onto its original path once more. The girl at the front is the second daughter the couple would have had, Gem.


Dianthus was very pretty with her new, coral hair color and the purple contacts. I wanted at least one happy picture with her sporting the look.


We're getting close to the end here. When Dianthus went into labor, some Sims reacted quite appropriately to their personalities. Russet freaked out for a moment, but quickly got a hold of himself. Sterling, a trained doctor with loads of experience handling childbirth, didn't freak out at all. Arbor and Timber panicked  much more. For Arbor, it makes sense, but Timber, naturally, would never lose his cool in such a manner.


And then the babies came. Dianthus was impregnated by Timber since Arbor hadn't been added to the household for the dream sequences yet. All of the children were technically Timber's in game then. The first one to come out was a girl, all brown, with Timber's coloring. I named her Cinnamon though in order to match her with the story before changing her coloring to match Arbor's.


Then came out a boy. With there being no need for the actors that the babies were to actually be what they are in the story, he was named Nutmeg and had his hair that came out Dianthus's current coral changed to be Timber's brown. The blankets of both babies were turned white to get rid of the signifying pink and blue the game uses for girls and boys.


Because I used Master Controller to guarantee Dianthus had multiples, she ended up having triplets instead of just twins. A second baby boy was born. However, because Russet, Sterling, Arbor, and Timber were all surrounding Dianthus she couldn't move from her spot. This last baby, Ginger, got stuck in an immobile position above ground thanks to that until I teleported him back to the basement.


This...unique sight is what we'll end on. I wished to find a cute pose of a mother holding her infant children, but all poses for babies were for one child only. Then I came across one that I wanted to try that included a mother with twins. It was meant for resized toddlers instead of actual babies, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see how the pose worked. Needless to say, Cinnamon and Nutmeg were left a little out of sorts. I fiddled around with another pose for Dianthus from that set and Cinnamon raised in her normal lying flat position to get the shot you see of Dianthus holding her on the bed.

And there you go! As I said, stick around to get more information about Color My World Gen Four and other content coming out for the rest of the year!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9