Top Social

Making Friends


I never thought such would ever turn out to be the case, but I am beginning to fear being inside our house. I just get the sensation that something bad is going to happen. It is all because of Riviel and Celadra's pranks.

Everything started when Celadra thought it would be hilarious to put neon purple hair dye in Riviel's shower. It washed out quickly enough, but Riviel vowed to get back at her sister. Now they're constantly going back and forth with each other. One day it will be a whoopee cushion, and the next a spraying sink. They aren't actually angry. They're doing it all in good fun, and have promised to keep the hi-jinks to only each other. However, I know it is only a matter of time before Idhren and I are accidentally caught in the crossfire.


I've been restless again, but for a different reason than normal this time. I've realized just how much I dearly miss going out and having fun with females of my own age. I know that it will be impossible for me to find a human the same age as me here. The ones that are my age are the skeletons buried in the graveyard. Still, it's more mental maturity that I need to look at rather than merely the amount of time those around me have been on this earth.

I took matters in my own hands when it came to forming deeper friendships with the women around me. There were three I knew a bit better than the others- Mendy Webb, Noemi Grisson, and Brynda Frey. I invited them out so that we could spend the evening together. Since I wasn't sure of what human women did for fun when they are by themselves, I let the three take the lead. 

We first went to the spa where we all got manicures and pedicures. The pedicure in particular felt amazing to my sore feet. They've taken much toll after so many pregnancies. Still, Mendy, Noemi, Brynda, and the workers at the spa were all amazed that my feet could look so good even though I'm barefoot all the time. I told them only rarely in my life have I worn shoes. They help relieve the pressure when I'm heavily pregnant, and then I only occasionally use them in the winter. They asked if all elves went barefoot. It was a personal choice, I told them, and one I have obviously made.

After dinner, the three others and I decided to head to the quiet beach. Brynda and I got the fire pit going, and then we all began to just talk. Noemi and Brynda listened to Mendy and I tell some of our motherhood tales. We also talked a lot about men. I realized how common some issues I've had with them are. The four of us even talked about intercourse. I felt uncomfortable at first, but then I became shocked at how unbelievably freeing it was to discuss such a matter. No one at home, not even my closest friends, would ever dare to take on the subject. All matters regarding the act are strictly left to husband and wife.


Mendy, Noemi, and Brynda were curious about the elven lands, my family, and myself. I told them a lot. I pretty much only left out the task. People here tend to think I'm crazy whenever I explain it. After I finished, the three admitted that they had heard some rather nasty rumors about me. They were glad they got the chance to know the real me though. Our conversations continued until we decided to do some swimming. I don't know how my pregnant body had the energy to stay up all night, but the four of us really stayed at that beach all night. We spent much of that time in the water. Seeing the sunrise while in the sea was breathtaking.


Somehow I remained refreshed and energized despite the sleepless night. I wonder if it was because my soul felt rejuvenated after forming deeper connection once again, and that rejuvenation of my soul in turn empowered my body. I did force myself to take a nap though. It was a good call. Not long after I woke up and had a bit to eat, I went into longer than normal labor. My new daughter Elwen was born just a little before Riviel and Celadra returned home from school. Riviel was extremely excited when she heard Elwen crying from my room when she walked in the door. It had been her hope that her sister would be born before she left the house.


That was because that day was Riviel's birthday as well. For her celebration, she invited over Kendrick Ingberg. I couldn't help but to ask her of their relationship when I got the chance. Riviel told me that she likes him, and likes him a lot. I was certainly confused. Riviel admits that she was confused too at first, but eventually remembered that I told her to follow where her heart leads her. It was now leading her to Mr. Ingberg even more strongly than it had been telling her to be with Linn. Riviel figures that what attracts her is the person inside rather than what reproductive organs they were born with.

She promised me that Mr. Ingberg is single. I told her that I would keep my word and fully support her in this endeavor of her heart.


Ever since we spent that evening together, Mendy has been coming over quite often. Her children and grandchildren have all moved away, so she loves doting on Celadra, Idhren, and Elwen. She even convinces me somehow to go out shopping with her paying for a lot of my things. She tells me that she only has so much time left to spend all the money she's saved up over the years. She wants to make sure it goes to good use. Since it causes her to be happy, I let her do it despite my own reservations.

Something I don't let Mendy get away with is her insistence that I wear more human fashion. She has even tried to get me to go to the salon to get my haired cut and dyed to a more modern style. I've politely declined all such suggestions. I like my hair as it is. I'm not Eloril who changes his appearance on a constant basis. I only barely tolerate the human maternity clothes because I have no other choice. I feel so much more at ease when I'm able to wear my dresses.


Celadra has not been getting along with the rooster of our coop, Charles. I can't get him to like even me. He seems to have a special hatred for Celadra though. Maybe what made that one chicken hate Eloril is a trait that has been passed down to her. Charles will rush up to her every time he sees her and peck at her. Celadra gets so angry at him that at some points it almost feels like she's having a real argument with him. I can't tell if Charles is simply being protective of the coop, or if he's actually just evil.


It is amazing, but the house is now full of mini-me's. Celadra, Idhren, and Elwen have all managed to acquire my three main physical traits. Elwen growing up to look much more like me does make it easier to forget about Lazarus. I am still a bit worried though. So far, Elwen has a very grumpy and almost angry kind of personality. I know that the chances she'll really end up being someone like her father is slim, but that still doesn't stop me from being afraid of the possibility of it happening. I'll just have to love her even harder as she grows to make myself realize that I'm being a bit ridiculous worrying so much.


It seems illogical, but there is a plethora of wild horses everywhere in this country. A pair of them cam trotting merrily through our backyard one day. I looked at them longingly even though neither of them were as grand or attractive as Talron or Nari. Some part of me wish to take one in, but they looked perfectly happy being on their own.

They left, and my thoughts became preoccupied with other subjects. Mostly thinking of Talron made think of home, and by further extension, how there still remains no word from my family. I get more worried each day that passes. If this keeps up, maybe I should try to find one of the human contacts the elves have to see if they know or can figure out what is going on.


Idhren did something recently that made me think all the way back to when Ureliel was his age. It was both amusing and bittersweet to see siblings who have never met do something and have the exact same reaction. Idhren felt compelled to look under his bed, and he became convinced there are monsters under it. I even told him of Ureliel's same idea, and then went through all of the explanations of why there couldn't possibly anything living under his bed. I did all I could to comfort him.


In the end, Idhren stayed with me in my bed that night.


I've found that I am becoming bored much more easily than I have in the past. So many of the skills I used to work on to preoccupy my time I have become so proficient in that any more training or studying does nothing. I then thought to take a look at the money I've gradually been saving up all this time. It astounded me at how there was a much greater amount than ever believed there could be. Knowing it would be best to get my children's opinions on what they think they money should be used for, I called a family meeting that night after dinner.

After getting an idea of what they wanted, I put a plan to action and had our entire backyard completely redone. The major thing is that I had a pool built. It is the thing I've missed most from our house in Monte Vista. The swings were also rebuilt, and I purchased a trampoline, see-saw, and a water slide. Celadra and Idhren are always outside now. I wish I had done this overhaul a bit sooner.


I went to bed easily one night after exhausting myself from playing with Idhren outside and caring for Elwen. My sleep was very deep. I would go on to wake up the next morning to quite the interesting situation.

As soon as I got dressed and exited my room, Celadra came rushing up to me. She started out by telling me what had happened to her occurred when she had gone to the fishing pond late last night. I stopped her then in my surprise and anger that she had done something so potentially dangerous. It isn't like her to go against curfew either. Celadra apologized, but kept going despite my disapproval of her actions. She admitted that she had arrived at the pond to find a unicorn there.

Naturally, it was hard for me to believe her. Unicorns were hunted to near extinction before even my parents were born. Why would one be in Aurora Skies of all places? Even more importantly, why would it approach Celadra even if she is half-elvish? Unicorns are almost as hesitant to show themselves to normal elves just as they are to humans. I thought Celadra had to be mistaken, but she insisted intently. I conceded, and chose to believe her when she wouldn't give up.


I will most likely be adding another fair haired child to our home before too long. Leisure Day came around, and I knew it would be today when I would have a better chance of finding a lax man who would be more receptive to my suggestions of spending intimate time together. That's how I made the acquaintance of Mr. Irv Paulson.

I know appearance doesn't matter nearly as much as the person underneath does, but I do hope that I might be able to meet more men in the future with more varied looks. I need things to remain interesting, or else my boredom will probably have some ill results on this task......
1 comment on "Making Friends"
  1. Wooo I have caught up! I have only just discovered this challenge. I love how you write and how you have this amazing storyline, that makes this challenge stand out! :)
    Hope you keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9