Top Social

Healing


It can go without saying, but I'll say it anyway. Riviel and Linn were absolutely horrified to see me when I walked in. You would think they would have had the sense to lock the door if they didn't want anyone walking in on them. I'm glad they didn't though. What was going on between them was something I needed to know about.

I only reflected on that point after the situation had cooled down somewhat. In the moment I discovered Riviel and Linn, my anger made me snap just a bit. I gave Linn what she deserved for betraying my son and sneaking around with my daughter. I pretty much shoved her out of the house. I went back to find Rivi. She was either just so terrified by the situation or frightened that I was going to hit her too for she had locked herself in her bathroom. I could hear her crying.

I was as furious with her as I was with Linn, so I knew I was in no condition for any productive talking or comforting. I left Rivi alone so I could go and fume in my own room. I couldn't believe my daughter's actions. When Thrin and Celadra returned home, I didn't have the heart to go out and greet them. All I could do was try and calm my rapidly beating heart while I nursed Idhren.


Breakfast the next morning was a sad, sorry affair. Riviel couldn't look me in the eye, and I had nothing good to say to her. Poor Thrin, who had no idea why ours moods were so down, tried to make cheerful conversation though. In the end, he realized something serious had happened and knew it was better to eat quietly. He thought what was going on was none of his business. My heart ached for him. He had to be told the truth eventually. I would wait until he got back from school so that as little of his day as possible would be ruined.


Needing an outlet for my anger, I directed all my negative thoughts towards Chaddie. I was the only one there to celebrate Idhren's birthday. I wanted nothing more than to march up to that man and tell him off. I had tried too hard to show him how having his son in his life wouldn't do him any harm to continue to suffer from his unwavering avoidance towards us. I really almost did storm over to his house. The only reason I didn't was because I could sense that I would end up doing something very stupid. Chaddie might even call the police on me. I can't even imagine what would happen if that were to occur.

I kept myself out of trouble by helping Idhren to walk.


Idhren liked being taught, and because he didn't want to stop I didn't realize how much time passed. It was only when Thrin and Riviel came home that I knew school was over. Normally, I wouldn't have noticed them simply walking into the house. Thrin, however, was yelling quite loudly at his sister. It seems she took the initiative to be honest with him herself. I quietly listened from my room as Thrin let out what he needed to get out. He eventually stopped, and a couple seconds later I spotted him through my window walking into the shed. He began to hit hard at the large block of stone that Fiendir had left behind. I wish I had thought of that. 

I left Idhren to play on the floor with his toys. I opened my door to see that Celadra had now arrived home as well. She was sorely confused to see Riviel standing there crying. I told her to work on her homework, which she went to do without question. It was time for Rivi and I to finally talk. I led her into the television room so we could have some privacy.


Riviel poured out everything without me needing to ask. What she and Linn had been doing hadn't been going on that long. Linn had told her a long time ago that she wanted to break up with Thrin, but she didn't want to hurt him. She also didn't want to admit publicly that she preferred girls over boys, and didn't want anyone to assume that was the case about her either. It was only when Riviel realized that she was the same as Linn that she became attracted to her.

They hadn't meant to go behind everyone's backs. Last night was supposed to have been their last night together. It was the first time they had even kissed as well. Riviel don't know why they let themselves get carried away. She and Linn had planned to only talk. Linn had admitted that she was going to break up with Thrin today regardless of what happened. She wanted to move to the city. That's how everything was supposed to go.

I told Riviel that it doesn't matter to me whether she likes boys, girls, or both. She should follow what her heart tells her, and I will support her in all her endeavors. Her appropriate and respectful endeavors. I told her it's still hard for me to even comprehend what she's done. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say or do, or how I should punish her. She certainly will remain at home save for school, that's for sure. I revealed that it's possible her relationship with Thrin might never fully heal or be the same again. It will probably be some time before he can bare to think of forgiving her. Rivi just agreed.

I let her go to her room so she could attempt to complete her homework. I went to give Thrin a hug.


Celadra could naturally tell something was really wrong with everyone. She was upset because of it, and Idhren was as well. He can't handle yelling. I took both of them to the park to try and improve their bad moods. The two began to have such a good time that we ended up making dinner in the grills provided there. Idhren enjoyed his first hot dog. I only wish it was this easy to cheer up my other children. I'm actually glad that Thrin's birthday is coming up soon. I think him getting a bit of distance from Rivi will do him some good.


When I got home, I found some very nice flowers on my nightstand. They're actually one of my favorites. I knew right away that they were from Rivi. They did remind me how much I truly loved my daughter. My anger began to slowly fade away. It's one blessed step closer towards all of us finding forgiveness.


I was surprised the next morning when I saw that Thrin had calmed down considerably. He won't talk or look at Riviel, but I can tell that he's slowly dealing with the situation and working towards forgiveness as well. Rivi knows not to push him. I know that too. Everything will unfold in due time. Trying to force things before they're ready will only make everything worse.

So overall, the days have passed calmly with just a bit of a hesitant atmosphere hanging about. Celadra's grown much more attached to me because of all of this though. She especially likes watching me cook and paint. Her actions remind me a lot of how I was with my naneth.


Things eventually did start turning around. The change came on Thrin and Celadra's birthday. Thrin and Riviel were actually talking on somewhat pleasant terms. I didn't want to eavesdrop on them, but with this being the first time they'd talked in weeks I couldn't help myself. I managed to catch the last of their conversation.

Thrin said that he's been able to forgive Riviel to a point. He admitted that his relationship with Linn had already been on bad ground even before the two girls started seeing each other. As upset as he still is, Thrin doesn't want Riviel to think he hates her. He knows she's having a hard enough time accepting herself as it is. Thrin also doesn't want her to feel guilty or think she's forced him away because of his decision to move to a bigger town a few hours south of Aurora Skies. It was someplace Thrin already planed on moving to anyway.

The two were quiet after that. I wonder if the two hugged. I'd like to think that they did.


It makes my heart calm and my spirit glad that the relationship between my two children is beginning to heal. Now I feel that things really can completely right once again with a bit more patient waiting. I was able to relax even more when Celadra and I went to the beach to enjoy her birthday......
1 comment on "Healing"

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9