Top Social

The Other Woman


Galaran has finally had his birthday. As normal with all my children, Galaran told me that he had made plans for what he wanted to do now that he is a young adult. However, days passed. He gave me no indication as to what his plans were or when he was going to follow through with them. Knowing that Galaran has always taken a little longer than others to get everything together, I didn't bother him. Two weeks passed though. All he would say was that he was finalizing his plan. Another week went by. Still nothing. I sat him down and told him that I needed something solid to go off of.

It was only then that Galaran admitted he had no plan or even an idea as to what he wants to do. He knows he doesn't really have any strong qualities or traits that make him stand out amongst the so many talented others out there. He just doesn't feel like he's ready to be on his own. What Galaran really wants to do is stay at home and help me out.

It was fine with me if that's what he wanted. More than fine, actually. I will welcome the help with Minai, Ettelendil, and the new child. That he also wants to stay with me makes me happy. Galaran was quite relieved. He seemed to think that I would think less of him for not rushing out the door at the first chance he got. I guess that's not so surprising when you consider that there's a popular human mentality that any child who continues to remain with their parents after reaching adulthood themselves is instantly classified as a "loser" or "pathetic". Galaran is neither of those things, and I'm proud that he's willing to stick around.

Galaran wanted to do more than just help look after his little siblings though. He went out and got a part-time job at the nearby spa. More than that, Galaran's working at being more confident as well. He's finally trying to interact with Nari. While he's nowhere close to riding her, he can at least gather up enough courage to pet her now. It's definitely a step in the right direction.


With signs of the new pregnancy proceeding, I really can't wait until I find out the gender of my new baby. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to make it to the hospital yet. Minai still needs to learn a little bit more, and I'm determined to teach her everything before Ette's birthday.


And I managed to reach that goal just in time. The time came for Ette to have his birthday. His bright red hair and green eyes remind me so much of Arluwen and Amadrie, and by extension, Seamus as well.


Ette and Galaran aren't the only ones who have had birthdays recently though. Nari had hers too. It's saddening to watch my beloved horse and friend become so weak and tired. I originally thought Nari would take up too much of my precious time, and while that statement might have stayed true through all this time, I can't imagine not having her around now. Thankfully, Nari remains tough. Her body may be slowly giving out on her, but she is as happy as ever.


I left Galaran to look after Minai and Ette one day so I could meet with Saradith. We both needed some quiet time to spend together. Saradith especially needed quiet since she recently had a baby boy named Shravan, and her headache from his crying was near unbearable. We decided to take a walk, and eventually we made our way up to the old ruins north of the town. Saradith and I talked about many things. I told Saradith I was surprised she and Orlando had another child considering that Danica is halfway through high school. Saradith admitted the pregnancy hadn't been planned exactly, but Orlando had always wanted a boy, so things had worked out for the best. I smiled and pointed out that at least the two of them are still relatively young as well.


The topic switched to my current pregnancy. I became concerned when Saradith's expression grew serious and confused after I told her the father was Jayden James. She asked me if I might be mistaken. Of course I wasn't. I knew very well the name of the person I slept with. Saradith was reluctant to say anything further. It took me over ten minutes to coax out from her what she knew. Saradith said she just couldn't believe what I told her. Since I've always respected men in relationships, she didn't understand why I had gone ahead and slept with a married man. I asked Saradith what in the world she was talking about. Orlando apparently works with Jayden, so Saradith knows him somewhat. She told me Jayden is married, and his wife's name is Georgia.

It was my turn to not believe what was being said. Jayden had assured me many times that he was single. Perhaps he had divorced without the news of it reaching Saradith's ears? Unfortunately, that would not turn out to be the case. Orlando had come to her just last week asking for her help because Jayden had come to him looking for help in picking out a present for his and Georgia's wedding anniversary. Saradith and I both went silent.  The more I thought about the encounter of Jayden and I, the more of the truth I saw. I had been curious when I first entered Jayden's home, because it so clearly looked like it belonged to a couple. He had simply claimed he inherited the house from his parents when they passed away. Then I thought of his nervous attitude, and now can see it was the result of his guilt knowing he was about to betray his wife.


So distraught by this revelation, I left Saradith to go my own way. For some stupid reason, I thought that moment would be the perfect time to get the ultrasound. I only got news that made me feel even worse. I was having twins again- boys this time. I knew it was past the time I was supposed to be gone and that Galaran was expecting me home, but I was so stressed that I went to the spa to get a massage instead.

I have no idea what I should do. Should I tell Mrs. James what happened, or should I not? I never told Shawnee's wife of the mistake I made with him, but back then I chose to commit the sin willingly. Right now, I'm as innocent as I can be in this type of situation. If I had known Jayden was lying in the slightest, I would have backed off instantly. I also wonder if I'm not the only woman Jayden has slept with. Doesn't Mrs. James have the right to know the true nature of her husband?


I battled within my mind what would be the best choice to make. Neither staying quiet or telling the truth felt right, and with no premonitions coming my way this time, this is a choice that's fully mine to make. Annoying. So much time passed as I struggled to decided. The day of both Herindur and Minai's birthday came, and we had a special celebration for the two of them.


Unfortunately, I felt incredibly uncomfortable throughout the whole thing. When I went to use the bathroom, my water broke. At least then I knew the reason for the uncomfortable feeling. Another double labor was upon me. Despite having someone to help me deliver my multiples before, I thought I would be alright on my own. I didn't need to go to the hospital.


It was definitely the wrong choice. I was so tired and in such pain after the first twin was born. Then I had no way of caring or comforting my crying son as I had to deal with safely getting his brother out. The two managed to be born healthy though. Herindur named the older twin Erondir, so I named the younger Fiendir to match. With two more boys added to the household, I'm more grateful than ever that Galaran has stuck around to help out.


The next day, Herindur asked me if I would rather he stayed around to help too. He didn't want to leave if I had to struggle because of his absence. I assured him that everything would be alright. Unlike Galaran, Herindur has solid plans made. He's about to start his schooling to become a doctor, and he and his girlfriend have already found a place to rent. I told him that he needs to go out and pursue his dreams.

I gave him a big hug, and watched him go.


One night, not too long after Herindur left, I buckled down and made a decision as to what to do about Jayden and Mrs. James. For better or worse, I wanted to tell the truth. Mrs. James was thankfully alone when I went to the house. I don't know how everything would have gone down if Jayden had been there. I was certainly surprised to discover how elderly Mrs. James is. It makes me wonder if her age has something to do with why Jayden chose to be unfaithful. Since we didn't really know each other, I spent a little time with Mrs. James just talking. I almost faltered in my desire to tell the truth after seeing how nice she was. Yet in the end, I blurted the reality of what happened as soon as I was given the chance.

Mrs. James started yelling at me after my words sunk into her. Although I tried desperately tried to show her that I never would have come near Jayden if I had known he was married, she put most of the blame on me. I did expect that, to be honest. I understand that it's easier to be angry and cast me as a wench than face the fact of her beloved husband's betrayal. There was a moment I grew afraid that Mrs. James was going to hit me, but she blessedly had enough restraint to only give me a dirty look and rush me out of the house.


When I arrived home, I struggled even more than before on whether or not saying something was the right thing to do. A choice has been made though, and it can't be taken back, so it's relieving at least that situation can now play out fully.

Poor Galaran was so tired that he accidentally fell asleep waiting for me to come home. I want him to get the sleep he needs, but his deep sleep meant that the needs of Erondir and Fiendir went unfulfilled. They were in pretty awful moods when I arrived in our room. Though I desperately wanted sleep myself, their needs had to be put over mine. They did calm down relatively easy, thankfully.


Unfortunately, my night did not get better. The twins' crying woke Ettelendil up, and he refused to go back to sleep no matter what I did. The night grew very late, and then the morning grew very early. I had to give in and go to sleep leaving Ette to play unsupervised on the floor next to me. Normally missing one night of sleep should do nothing to me, but my stressed mind required rest.


At least because Galaran got plenty of sleep, he was able to take care of the young ones when he woke up. I could finally sleep deeply without worry. When I woke myself, I did my best not to worry too much about Jayden and Mrs. James. I had to focus on my own family for the moment. Galaran and I got into a good routine dealing with Ette, Erondir, and Fiendir, and the twins' birthday arrived without incident. While the two brothers look similar, they have their differences as well. Erondir's face is rounded compared to the squarer shape of Fiendir's. Erondir's eyes are also light brown while Fiendir's are blue.

I'm so glad that the household is properly full of young children once again. Despite having to deal with everything with Jayden and Mrs. James, I feel much happier than I've been for quite some time......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9