Top Social

Color My World Behind the Scenes #4


When going around aging everyone up after the first arc, I noticed that the Yonders had adopted a cat. I normally get rid of autonomously purchased pets because I've had trouble with them getting in the way before, but the kitten had come with the name Coal, so I felt obligated to let it stay. The thing was pretty adorable too.



Hunter and Malachite are definitely going to be some of the ones who are going to get some eventual focus in the upcoming short stories. I really enjoy them both as their separate characters, and their struggles to build their relationship as brothers and friends was one I wish I could have touched more on in the main story.


Eden appeared right at the end of Rosemary's aging up. He had either been sleeping in, or he and Deny had been having their own kind of fun on their daughter's birthday.


The sims sometimes work with their character personalities so well. Cerise and Glade were talking to Coal, and Cerise did nothing but make faces at her brother while Glade was all smiley and happy.


Aaaand, another one of these, because why not? I thought Coal had more of a pudgy, round face in his teen days, but Mimosa (and Holly) clearly had him beat in that regard.


I don't know why, but this one townie was always at the Charm house whenever I had someone go over. I didn't really mind as it was easy enough to ignore her, but this instance all five of them decided to play musical chairs on the couch while I tried to have Coal talk to Holly.


Coal is so adorkable.


It was a little strange, sad, and nice all at the same time to see Wisp and Papaya wandering about in Sunset's old home.


Lower perspective ocean swimming shots don't work out too well, apparently.


The Spring family decided to crash Coal and Candy's date on the beach. They like to crash almost all the lots I used for pictures, actually.


An extra random shot of Purity just because.


There truly are so many animations where the sims blink unevenly once you start looking.


I had a habit of taking a million extra shots of Coal. He makes some of the best expressions, and he's simply nice to look at.


The family tree not recognizing a lot of relationships isn't the greatest. It can also cause problems when automatic woohoo is turned on. Blaze and Ethereal never escaped my notice for long enough to engage in such fun times, but they definitely gave it a strong attempt every now and again.


When I needed a new, pink boyfriend for Candy, instead of making a new sim I decided to simply edit Holly in CaS. She got turned into a boy to strut this different kind of style for all of the three shots in which Cotton made an appearance.


Things are going to change in the future regarding the fall seasons. I found a mod I thought would get rid of the problem of the leaves sticking around for seasons after autumn ended, but eventually I noticed that the mod hadn't been updated in a while, which meant it no longer worked. The leaves remained, and I would have to gather people in the household to quickly clean the lots up so they would be usable. Since Amaranth was never doing anything (I kept him in him and Ethereal's bathroom since no one ever went in there), he was often the first one to start combating the leaves littering the entire world even in the scorching days of summer.


A random shot of Wisp this time.


I should have aged Ethereal up to a young adult when Coal became a teen, but I forgot. There was no avoiding it though when it was time for him to be a young adult himself. Before that happened, I made sure to get some more shots of Amaranth and Ethereal being cute together in their youth.


Close up.



Amaranth got to get older first. He didn't mind it much, and his scar turned out to suit him quite well.



Ethereal had more of an issue when it was her turn, but I suppose I wouldn't have liked being made so skinny due either. The girl was thin to begin with.


The big moment.


He's confident, but his look isn't quite what it needs to be.


Theeere were go. That's the Coal we know and love.


Frost aged up with rocking pigtails.


Wisp and Papaya were invited over for a visit, but all they wanted to do was woohoo.


Wisp walked about his boxers drinking and eating everything in sight after that.


It didn't take long for me to see Papaya had a thing for the Vivid boys. Remember how I said I kept Amaranth hidden away in the bathroom? Well, I wasn't paying attention to him like normal, and this went down. It happened during the common situation of me using the save for pictures and then closing without saving, so it technically never happened though.


I used Master Controller to make Amaranth Wisp's father for the sake of them having that relationship in-game, but I forgot to make Glacier his father when it came time for him to having his first child. That meant Tangerine came out with some Vivid influence in her genetics. I believe her eyes were originally red as well, but all of that got changed to blue.


Lavender was a quickly made character to fill in the role of Malachite's girlfriend, but it didn't take long before I completely adored them as a couple.


Lightning! He was born with the glitched brown/greenish hair, so a coin was flipped and he was gifted Lavender's hair instead.



Cutie. I forgot I already had this toddler version of him saved, so his appearance looks different from the epilogue.


The great magician Allium loved to appear everywhere. I was taking pictures at the rock climbing gym, and when I moved the camera just a smidge to the left I found him there standing in the locker area doing minor tricks.


Papaya also tried to get to know Coal better, but I got them apart far before they could do anything but flirt.


Azure stopped by the bar that evening as well. He ignored the somewhat cheating going on behind him to blow some blueberry bubbles.


Coal's real reaction to finding out how many followers his group lost.


Poor Doodle.




Another interruption by the Spring family, although to be fair I was in the middle of cleaning the park of leaves instead of taking pictures. They weren't in the way too much. Purity and Azure showed up in their formal wear, and Sap told a ghost story to which no one listened.


Party setup horse approved.


Twin moment.


Was just scrolling around the park contemplating shot ideas when I found this random hot dog lying on the ground with its plate on the table. I know that can happen through MoveObjects, but naturally I hadn't done it.


Doodle can be the most adorable dog ever sometimes.


But then other times...


Extra picture from Amaranth and Coal's reunion.


This is no time to be on your phone.


Coal is super excited.



Mimosa was definitely not happy, and Coal was definitely not amused.


Holly was having a rough day.


Ethereal went to Deny's costume party as a hot dog, which really put it into perspective how skinny she'd become.


Since there's only the sims for the story and the few sims the game will generate, parties are a bit of a drag in this world. Almost no one shows up. It was just Deny and Ethereal in this instance, and Ethereal didn't stay long since nothing was going on.


I forgot to turn off the headline effects right at the beginning, but that let me discover that the Vivid family really likes swimming.


Towards the end of the generation, I began experiencing a problem I hadn't had before. Objects the sims held would disappear when I hit Tab. I was used to things disappearing when I got super close, but even pulling back a more than acceptable distance would still have things vanish once I entered camera mode.


Coal passed Blaze, Ethereal, and Prism at the park as he drove home after the party.


Uh, that really isn't how things are supposed to be guys.


I don't remember the exact reason, but I needed to make a normal looking sim for something. The Bin plopped Frost in front of me, and I snapped a picture mid transformation before I finished editing him for whatever situation I required at the time.


Coal and Desire: the originals.


In order to make Coal not be super happy and smiley all the time like normal, I dropped most of his status bars down really low. He did not like that one bit.





More Coal faces. Out of him and Ethereal, he's probably my favorite.


This Coal isn't too bad either.


The police officer shot for when Coal was in the hospital was simply a quickly recolored Blaze. No point wasting time making a whole new sim when you just need a closeup of an arm.


Allium and Dahlia were hosting a party while Coal and Holly were having their fun chat, so they started out in their formal attire.


Since no one was showing up to the party, the older two made their own fun while the younger ones argued on the other side of the wall. The fact that Dahlia was stuck in the floor because I moved her out of the way to get her out of the shots didn't seem to impede either her or Allium.


Sometimes my computer hates me.


No, you two cannot wear your wedding outfits to your son's court case.
3 comments on "Color My World Behind the Scenes #4"
  1. Oh no!! Coal's got Stockholm Syndrome!! Don't fall for your kidnapper, Coal! Pleaaase...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I knew Amaranth had to be kept somewhere out of sight, in the house during his "disappearance." Didn't think you'd shove the poor guy in the bathroom though...

    Couldn't you have made him a swag, spacious basement room instead?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, well, unlike TGO, I never really play much with the sims for CMW. Their needs are all static and their autonomy is turned off because I basically just use them for the pictures, so there was no real need to have a room in which Amaranth could take care of his needs without me having to constantly take care of him for him. Everything almost always got reset anyway when I would exit after finishing without saving except for the times when I needed the seasons to switch or someone became pregnant- making me have to save at those points.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9