Top Social

Reputation


A couple days after his birthday, Thrin managed to get everything in order for his move. I know he'll only be a couple hours away, but it'll always be hard to let my children leave at all. It's harder still when he and Riviel have a bit more to go to repair their relationship. At least the two of them are near happy again. It feels nice to see them smile honestly again.

There's something else that's also nice. Having the household be only girls once more. True, there's Idhren, but I don't really feel as if I can count him since he's not out of diapers and can barely speak. Riviel and Celadra have become very close now that's it's just the two of them.


Since our house has become so calm now, I took the initiative to make this home feel more like my home. While the eastern area of the elvish land I'm from is known for our architecture and crafted goods and jewels, we also specialize in a fair bit of farming and ranching. I grew up tending to all sorts of animals. The horses were my favorite, of course, but I grew fond of the chickens as well. The same can not be said for Eloril. He has and always will hate them with a passion. One took a disliking to him early on. It kept pecking him, so he fought back. From then on, the rest of the hens went after him each time he even got close to the coop. Eloril then took over my tasks caring for the cows, which I've always been rather terrified of, and I took his duties regarding the chickens.

I was pretty happy when I found I could get a coop built in our very own backyard. I'm hoping having it and these animals will teach my children to be more resourceful, responsible, and mature. The fresh eggs we get doesn't hurt either. Riviel and Celadra enjoy the work, so I'll mark the purchase a success for now.


I was taking one of my walks when a most unfortunate situation occurred. I was wondering what I should do in order to become pregnant again. It had been long enough since Idhren's birth to try again. It was just the right time to have another baby. I wonder if the unfortunate situation that happened was some help sent from the Goddess. If it was, I don't like that kind of help.

I went to the pools by the springs to take in the view for a brief moment when some man showed up as well. He asked if I was Ellothiel. Yes, I said, and he was? He told me his name is Lazarus Allain, and that he's a friend of Chaddie. That instantly put me on my guard. It was the right choice to make. Apparently, Chaddie wasn't just unhappy that I ended up pregnant and chose to keep the baby. He thinks really poorly of me now for whatever reason.


Mr. Allain, in a condescending and insulting mockingly amused manner, told me all the nasty things Chaddie had said about me. I won't repeat what they were. Mr. Allain could clearly see that I was angry. No doubt it was his intention to provoke that kind of response from me. I was debating whether or not I was justified to punch him in the face. He stopped that particular reaction by then pointing out that I didn't like him. However, from the information he's gotten from Chaddie he knows I want to have another baby. Mr. Allain asked that though I don't like him, if he's willing to offer himself to get me pregnant does that mean I will sleep with even him?

I should have said no. I definitely should have. But I was honest, and said yes. I really needed another child to carry, and I knew not where else to turn. To make a painful story short, Mr. Allain's offer was real. We went ahead with it. Only after the matter did I realize that going ahead with it only confirmed everything Lazarus was told. What if soon the whole town thinks I'm the type of person Chaddie is making me out to be? I can only hope that my positive relationships with a decent amount of people who live here will prevent such a thing from happening.


After Lazarus left, I busied myself to bury all thoughts of him away. I finally set up the fortune cookie maker I bought in China. My "fortune" was the cookie asking me not to eat it.


In the end, I found out I was pregnant with Lazarus' daughter on Idhren's birthday. To once again move on from the ordeal of her conception, I took Idhren wherever he wanted to go to do whatever he wanted to do. We spent a lot of time at the park. We then found out that the school was offering discount painting lessons. Idhren really wanted to go. He wanted to learn how to make painting like the one I make. Elaril's painting inspired Minai. Minai's inspired mine, and now mine inspired Idhren. It's an interesting chain event. I wonder if it will keep going?


Celadra has become a bit like Nadrien. She's suddenly found the desire to learn how to cook better. While Celadra only prefers the basic recipes, she certainly has got them down. The grilled cheese that she made was absolute heaven.


Feeling restless again one night, I asked the girls if they wanted to come outside with me. They were excited to get out of the house past curfew, and jumped at the chance. We ended up walking over to the large, clear field not too far from our house. It wasn't surprising when a brilliant aurora began to shine across the sky. The frequent occurrence of such phenomena is how Aurora Skies received its name.

Standing there under that beautiful sky with my beautiful daughters put pure peace in mind. I realized that I don't care what Chaddie or Lazarus thinks of me. I know who I am. I always was aware of myself in that manner back when I lived at home, and now I think I can remember it here as well no matter what else comes my way.


Our chickens have been busy at work. It's absolutely wonderful to have fresh eggs to cook with every day. Of course, we did make sure to leave some eggs alone for the hens to keep. The result was cute baby chicks! Idhren adores them and love playing with them. He even picked his favorite and named him Sir Fluffy. I got a bit frustrated with Idhren because he began to constantly plead with me to let him keep Sir Fluffy in his room. Naturally, I told him no each time. He needs to stay with his mother and siblings. How would Idhren like it if some stranger took him away from me and his sisters to go live with him?

The message didn't get through. One night, Riviel, Celadra, and I were woken up to Sir Fluffy's loud chirping. I made Idhren take him back to the coop and promise not to bring him inside again unless he wanted to be punished.


I've gotten into the habit of checking the mail first thing each day desperately hoping that there will be mail from Eloril or my parents. I keep sending my letters as normal, but there's been no response from any of them. I realize it takes a while for the letters to reach them and for their letters to reach me, but it's been six months and I've heard nothing at all. Eloril had hinted in his last letter that there were some troublesome issues going on, but he wasn't specific on what those issues were. I know my family wouldn't stop communicating with me unless there was a good reason.

I hope nothing terrible has happened......
1 comment on "Reputation"
  1. I hope nothing has happened to her family back home :/

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9