Top Social

Perfect Genetics Challenge Round 2 Update #1

When I finished my original Perfect Genetics, I had big plans to continue on with the challenge. I wanted to do a PGC for each color of the rainbow with the last child of the then current challenge going on to be the partner for the founder of the next chapter. It was my aim to make things bigger than I had been doing up to that point. I thought it would be great to put more of a story in my work.

However, I wanted to do another side challenge that I would just post casual updates about to keep myself from getting bored while doing the same challenge over and over again. That was what my original intention for the 100 Baby Challenge was. A small, simple project. Clearly, that did not turn out to be the case. The deeper I got into the 100 BC, the more ambitious I became. The prologue was supposed to be just an introduction before the posts became less intricate. Then I realized I couldn't suddenly go from this story-heavy detailed style to bare details. More importantly, I found I liked what I was creating. I soon gave up on my plans to continue the PGC to devote my time to this new project.

Enough time has passed now though, and I want to pick my original idea up again. I won't be doing an intricate story like what my original desire. This continuation will be pretty much like how my previous PGC went- a bit of a linear plot, a little bit of storytelling, but for the most part a plain update of how things are progressing. Considering that my first post here for the original PGC still has a considerable higher amount of views than the prologue for my 100 BC and continues to get a lot of views, the demand apparently remains.

So without any further delay, let's get started!


One of these two might already be familiar to you if you follow The Goddess' Order. I created Rigel Starr to be the founder for this chapter of my PGC, but then I felt bad that I wasn't going to use him. Thus I gave him a cameo in TGO story, as well as giving Arasa a reference. He ended up being the father of Iselith and Saradith. That Rigel got off easy though. This one won't have so much luck.

Here is his information-

Traits:
Dislikes Children
Natural Cook
Flirty
Hopeless Romantic
Light Sleeper

His favorite color is blue, his favorite food autumn salad, and his favorite style of music dark wave. His lifetime wish is to be a Celebrated Five-Star Chef.

Then we have Arasa Starr (nee Etael). She is the last heir from the previous chapter who marked the end of that challenge. She is pretty much the same as she was before, although I did change two of her traits. Her old traits were: Absent-Minded, Easily Impressed, Workaholic, Charismatic, and Dramatic. I changed Workaholic and Dramatic to Family Oriented and Animal Lover. That way the children could have an easier time with one of their parents. I also chose Animal Lover because it went well with Arasa's new lifetime wish of being a Zoologist.


I knew Arasa (or rather, I) wasn't going to be able to find 20 minor pets simply by scanning the map on her own. Getting the Collection Helper was one of the first goals I set up. That meant I had to fulfill as many wishes that came my way as possible. I got her right to work. Arasa went to the bookstore, read a Charisma book, and improved her Charisma skill well before dinner arrived.


Something else I need relatively badly was money. I gave Rigel and Arasa a nice house, but I didn't want them to be rich right off the bat. Ever since The Goddess' Order forced me to start from a sucky house and earn the money legitimately, I've found that I like the struggle. Things get too boring otherwise. I wanted Rigel to be able to afford the Inheritance reward that I plan to use just once so I can make sure I can fit all the children and keep them looked after properly. Once that money from the reward runs out though, my Sims are going to earn what they need by themselves.

To start off, Rigel began cooking while Arasa was reading. Not only was he fulfilling wishes, but he was helping himself further his career as well.

But of course it will still take him some time to reach that point where he can afford the reward. Since the game makes it so that women can't work while pregnant (and Arasa will be pregnant a lot) I got her working on writing some books to help supplement the income for the time being.


I didn't forget the main purpose of this challenge though. Arasa woke up nauseous on the very first night. Rigel slept peacefully despite her rushing off into the bathroom to throw up.


The two steadily gained small chunks of money here and there and continued fulfilling their wishes. Arasa went to the park where she spent the entire day picking flowers. I actually recommend doing this if your Sims need cash. The park where the festival is held (in Bridgeport) spawns a whole bunch of flowers in the places where the hedges are. Not only did Arasa get a good amount of lifetime happiness points, she also received 2.3k simoleons for selling those flowers. That's way more than what Rigel gets from working at the restaurant.

It was time for the baby to come before too long. I kept Arasa at home for the birth because the hospital is too far away from where they are. Just heading back and forth would take all day.


And we have our first child! Her name is Andromeda.

If "Rigel Starr" wasn't a give-away as to what the theme of the children of this chapter's names will be, then here's the official announcement. Rigel is a star in the constellation Orion, and Starr is obviously just star with an extra 'R'. All children born into this chapter will have names taken from constellations and stars.

Andromeda is quite the cutie and got Rigel's hair, but Arasa's eyes. That means it's time to move onto making the next baby!


I gave Rigel and Arasa a day after Andromeda's birth before having Arasa become pregnant again.

I was quite surprised that Rigel got even more wishes than Arasa that regarded interactions with Andromeda. First he wanted her to be a genius, then he wanted to teach her how to talk, and then how to use the potty. Arasa only wanted to teach her to walk. The rest of her wishes that popped up pretty much focused on her writing. Rigel began teaching Andromeda how to talk right away since he seemed to have the ambition. I'm curious to see if he keeps this attitude up or if he'll want to run away more as more children come along.


It only took a little while to begin seeing how that would progress. Arasa made good friends with the toilet as her morning sickness hit her much harder this time around. She could barely get any writing in between running for the bathroom and teaching Andromeda once Rigel couldn't stand being around her anymore.


Rigel, unfortunately, wasn't too sympathetic. Maybe that's why Arasa decided to teach Andromeda how to walk right in front of the TV as Rigel tried to learn some more cooking.


Someone forgot to call the repair technician after I told them too. It was the middle of the night before I realized that the kitchen was swimming with water. I'll never know whose fault it was, and Rigel was the unlucky one who had to get up to make the call. Hopefully the he and Arasa will learn not to ignore such important issues in the future. They could be dealing with some serious water damage issues otherwise!


Arasa and Rigel taught Andromeda her three skills quite quickly, so Arasa had a good amount of time to rest before she went into labor again. The couple ended up with a baby boy, his name being Mirach. Like his big sister, he got Rigel's hair but Arasa's eyes. It seems like Rigel and Arasa won't have the same luck that Kieh and Brett did.


Arasa has her hands full taking care of two toddlers. Rigel still wanted to teach Mirach how to walk and use the potty, but the amount of wishes he has regarding his son has dropped considerably from the amount he got about Andromeda. He is still spending a lot of time improving his cooking and making himself better friends with his co-workers and boss. That means Arasa is doing most of the teaching for their children.


Things became easier for her though once Andromeda had her birthday. She became a genius just like Rigel wanted her too, and became such a cute genius as well!


Despite the fact that they're both so busy and barely have time to talk throughout the day, not to mention that their opinions about their children differ so much, Rigel and Arasa are still very close and are cuddle together throughout most of the night each night. Of course, with Mirach not being an heir they did that special kind of cuddling one particular night.


Poor Arasa had it rough the next night though. Rigel had to go to bed in order to be in a good mood for work, but Arasa had to stay up late to get Mirach in bed properly as well as deal with multiple machines in the house all breaking. It was just as she was about to get in bed when the aliens came. By the time she was given back it was almost time for everyone else to be getting up. Rigel had to suck it up and help get Andromeda and Mirach ready for the day because her sleep bar was so red. She barely made it to the bed without passing out.


She did manage to get the Collection Helper though, and is rapidly working her way up to reaching her lifetime goal. I was a bit frustrated when I realized that you could only put one pet into each terrarium. Two or three could easily fit. I kept the four pets I liked the best before selling the others Arasa collected.


Mirach had his birthday, and aged up to have the genius trait just like Andromeda did.


Now that Rigel had more free time away from the children, he was more apt to spend time with them willingly. While Mirach spent the day at the school improving his painting and Arasa at home resting before labor, Rigel took Andromeda to the festival for a fun day out. They took a picture, harvested some pumpkins, and braved the haunted house. They also took part in an bobbing for apples and pie eating competition- both of which Andromeda won.


While everyone was gone, Arasa gave birth to Sirrah. She would be an heir for the Etael line, but unfortunately her purple hair and eyes don't count for this challenge. I'm wondering now if maybe it might be interesting to keep both lines going at the same time. I guess it depends on how many more children it takes to get a proper heir and how crowded the house is.


Speaking of houses, I had to place a new house in the town for the family to move to. The one I had placed them in was getting rather annoying with its so many different levels, and the fact that its main staircase didn't have a roof over it so my Sims had to change into their outerwear each time they moved between the first and second floors. This is their new home. It has a bit more space and is easier to navigate. It's also got a great view of the city.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9