Top Social

PGC Round 2 Update #2


The Starr family is settling into their new house pretty well. I love that the master bedroom is right across the hall from the big nursery, as well as the fact that there are plenty of bathrooms. A good number of bathrooms is always a must for me when I play as a big family. I have a strict schedule for who uses them when- such as children taking Submarine Adventures in the morning to max their hygiene and fun levels before school starts, and then teens taking showers at night.  If there's not enough baths and showers to fit that schedule then I get pretty antsy.

There are only two main downsides the house has. First is that it's so far away from everything else. It's a real effort to get my Sims anywhere. The second is that it's hard to see my Sims from certain angles because there's so many objects (staircases, bookshelves, etc.) blocking my way. I have to continually rotate the camera or have it tilted much more than I like to see what's going on.

Anyway, Andromeda has been doing well. Since the household isn't so crowded yet I haven't send her away to boarding school right off the bat. She has made quite a lot of friends. Here she is trying to get her homework done with Debbie Coker.


Things have been going well for Rigel too. He's already halfway to the top of the cooking career. The higher pay is much appreciated, as is the greater amount of time he has off. I still wish his work time wasn't so abnormal. Having him leave at 2 in the afternoon and not get back until 9 or so really throws me off when I'm trying to keep everyone on the same sort of schedule. It also makes it really hard for him and Arasa to have much interaction other than the woohooing they do. If theirs was a real relationship, I think they'd be in some trouble. They are in the Sims universe, so that woohooing is enough to keep them happy though.


Realizing I really wasn't going to have the same luck I did the first time around, I knew I had to start sending kids to boarding school if I wanted to keep control of the household. Andromeda was only two days away from aging up so I decided to wait until she became a teenager to send her off. I did let Mirach go ahead and leave though. Bye bye!


Not long after he left, Arasa found out she was pregnant again. I crossed my fingers and hoped that she would give birth to an heir, or at least to another boy. I don't know why, but it seems in every game I play I always end up with way more female children than I do male. Maybe there's something about the way I play my pregnant Sims, or maybe that's just how fate rolls for me.


Andromeda had her birthday next. I can already tell that she's going to be one of my favorites out of all the brood that will come from this challenge. It makes sense since she's the very first, and it's hard for the first not to hold a special place in your heart. I had to suck it up and send her to boarding school though. They are more babies to be born!


But before we get to the next baby, Sirrah celebrated her birthday. I thought I had meshes of her hairstyle for all ages, but apparently not. She got this one instead. Of course, she had to go the boarding school as well.


Then Antliae was born. Sadly, she is not an heir or boy. The purple hair with the bright blue eyes is a very pretty looks though. The combination remind me a lot of Araceli, although her eyes weren't quite so light.


There was one night where Sirrah was still around after Antliae was born. Rigel was surrounded by purple-haired females. With Antliae being particularly fussy, it was not too surprising that he wasn't in the best of moods.


With Arasa pregnant again, and having to constantly run to the bathroom, Rigel had no choice but to spend some of his days off teaching Antliae. His face showed that he would rather be doing something else. This was one of the nicer shots of expressions that I got. Some of the others seriously made me think he was trying to incinerate Antliae with his mind. I've never seen such a angry face on my Sims. I was even scared.


This is Austin Vang, one of Rigel's co-workers. I took this picture because he reminds me a lot of Elrunamir from my Goddess' Order series. I think it's more the similar hairstyle and outfit more than anything, although their faces do have some similarities as well.


Winter rolled around, and I decided that despite the craziness, Rigel and Arasa deserved a night off. They threw a gift-giving party for all the friends they had. Lola came right in and began playing the guitar. In one of the few moments they had together that didn't involved them woohooing, Rigel and Arasa spent a good amount of time slow dancing. It's relieving to see them have some true quality time. Hopefully the heir will be born soon, and they can actually enjoy their youthful years more happily.


They made out alright when it came to presents. Rigel got two copies of the same vase, but poor Arasa only got some coal.


Winter finished with the birth of new baby. It did turn out to be a boy, although he's not not an heir. His name is Almach.


Antliae also had her birthday.


It was a rare, and nice, moment when all those who were able ate all together at the table for breakfast. Most of the time the children finish before Rigel and Arasa get downstairs, or Rigel is otherwise still at work when the rest are eating dinner. It's quite a difference from my 100BC which when I play I focus so much on family relationships and quality time. This challenge is all about pushing babies out until you get the "perfect" one. I feel a bit crueler this time around now that I've been focusing on the Goddess' Order for so long.


Arasa broke the computer in the master bedroom after using it to write some more of her novel. Since Rigel was up to level 5 in his handiness skill, I thought everything would fine if I had him fix it. I thought wrong. He was first electrocuted. This terrified me because if he dies then I've already failed the challenge. When the fire started because of his mishap, I was even more scared that I was going to lose everything. Thankfully, he and Arasa were able to put out the fire before it spread too far. Rigel also didn't suffer from any lasting damage either. I breathed a sigh of relief.


The household had another Etael heir born. Her name is Aquarius.


Then it was time for Andromeda to come home. She did indeed turn out quite lovely. I had her move out though, and she took Mirach, Sirrah, Antliae, and Almach with her to the big 6 bedroom house I placed nearby. I don't like sending the children who aren't adults yet away, but I needed the space for more babies. At least they're nearby and I can still sort of watch over them. That's the one thing I miss about the Sims 2- being able to play multiple households without missing out on what's going on in the others. Andromeda is well equipped to look after her siblings though, so I won't worry too much.


This is Almach after he had his birthday, and before he moved out with Andromeda and the rest of his older siblings.


Lastly for now, Arasa gave birth to another boy. His name is Adhil, and he has the purple hair/blue eyes combo. Seven children have been born so far. I wonder how many more it will take?

(100th post on the blog, woot!)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9