Top Social

Aurora Skies


Our last days in Monte Vista were anything but peaceful. The last minute packing was crazy and stressful, and Thrin didn't help by crying constantly. I even began to wonder if there's really something that he needs, or if he likes crying for the sake of crying. I certainly hope it is not something that's going to continue as the months pass.


I had to remember to plan a birthday party for Minai as well. Hers is the last one we get to celebrate here. Minai brought her friend Shelby over, and Galaran and Leslie joined us too to see Minai become a beautiful young lady. It is very reassuring in the middle of all the stress to see that the two of them are doing so well. As to be expected from the type of person Galaran is, he and Leslie had a small and quiet wedding. Leslie is also pregnant now. After seeing how well Galaran helped me with his siblings, I'm quite confident that he'll make a great father.


The worst thing about this moving business is that it means saying goodbye to Nari. We just don't have any room for her at our new place, and the long traveling distance would be too rough on her old body. Leaving her behind is just as hard as leaving Talron behind was. Saradith and Orlando have volunteered to take her in, and I know they'll treat her well, but I know she'll never be as content as she was living with us. I can't tell if Nari understand that she'll never see us again once we leave or not, but I hope that sadness does not find its way into her heart. I pray that she'll finish her life in happiness.


The next day, it was finally time to pile into the car to leave for our new home in Aurora Skies. We left early in the morning in order to make the best time possible. All six of us fell back asleep as soon as Monte Vista was out of sight. Perhaps he has sensed the change in mood, but even Thrin remained as quiet as the rest of us were on the four-day trip. I must admit it is nice to be heading west again. Not only is Aurora Skies pretty much halfway between Appaloosa Plains and Monte Vista, it also brings me a bit closer to home. It is considerably further north than Appaloosa Plains or Monte Vista though. The winters will be a bit longer, but both Ralph and Mr. King have told me over and over again how beautiful it is.

The two of them met us at our place to help unpack when we arrived. Unlike in Monte Vista, we were done in no time thanks to being able to send most of our things ahead of time. I used the grill Ralph and Mr. King bought for us as a housewarming gift to make hotdogs for lunch. Minai, Ettelendil, Erondir, and Fiendir had much better moods now that we've actually arrived.

From what I have seen, I think I am going to like this house a bit better than the last. There's no denying that our house in Monte Vista was much more beautiful, but I like that this one is simpler and easier to navigate. It doesn't take forever to get somewhere, and none of us will have hassle any further with putting on a raincoat or grabbing an umbrella to navigate open-air hallways.


Ralph and Mr. King had to leave after lunch, but they suggested that we visit the thermal springs. We took their advice. It was truly a breathtaking experience. I can't believe that there are so many gorgeous wonders to be found, and I can't even comprehend how I was once so narrow-minded as to think that my home could be considered the only beauty in the world.

I would have let the children stay out longer had they not had their first day at their new school in the morning.


It turned out to be a very good thing that I made them go to bed early. Our very first night in the house, and already someone broke in to try and steal our things! The thief ran off as soon as the alarm went off so she thankfully wasn't able to take anything. Eron and Fien were the only ones who even saw her. I am glad getting the alarm set up was one of the first things I saw to.


I couldn't help but to keep the policeman who showed up around a little longer to talk. Maybe I did so because he amazingly looks a lot like Elrunamir. Mr. Amanda Lund is single, which is helpful, but the fact that he looks so much like my son is definitely causing me to reconsider making any advances towards him.


When he did leave, I found that I could not fall back to sleep. We were all already out of our comfort zone in this new place, but now the small bit of safety and security we were beginning to feel was shattered so quickly. Not having anything else to do, I went shopping at the 24/7 mart to stock our pitifully empty fridge. It was late enough in the morning by the time I returned to start making breakfast. I used the crepe recipe I learned in France.


Minai, Ette, Eron, and Fien were calm enough when they woke up, which made me glad. It was a few minutes before the bus was due to arrive that I pulled Minai aside to remind her of what Nikara went through. She smiled, and promised me that I wouldn't have any issues like that with her. It was just as nerve wracking as I thought it was going to bed when the bus finally did come. I wanted so badly for all my children to have a good day at their new school, but I would have to wait too many hours for them to return and tell me how well it all went.


It wasn't too long before we had another first in the house- a first first birthday. Thrin aged up to look a lot like Ralph, something I expected. He certainly has a unique shape to his face. I hope that he doesn't cry so much now that he's a toddler.

I knew with Thrin having his birthday that Mr. King would be expecting his turn to help me out. I think it's about the best time to proceed as well. I do hope greatly that I will have a girl this time. I miss having a lot of daughters around me. I think it would really do all my boys well to have another sister to soften them up. Minai is wonderful for looking after them, but then of course it just makes the boys think she's bossy.


It was a couple weeks after Thrin's birthday that I did leave my sons in Minai's care. Mr. King and I wanted to spend a bit more time together than Ralph and I did before we got down to business. We took advantage of the later hour and empty community pool. I mentioned to Mr. King about the robbery. He was aghast. He felt so bad that that had happened to us. Aurora Skies' crime rate was so low he couldn't believe we had had the bad luck to have a thief on our first night. I relieved him by telling him I had survived through worse, and our conversation turned to lighter topics.

As our time together continued, Mr. King kept trying to prompt me to participate in an activity called skinny dipping with him. I politely declined. Being exposed with him is something I cannot avoid due to the nature of my task, but I will definitely avoid being seen without clothing by complete strangers in every other situation. Mr. King eventually gave up his promptings, but as the night grew later and the mood better, we made good use of the empty showers provided at the pool......
5 comments on "Aurora Skies"
  1. Awesome!!! I love the goddesses' order story, I only found it last week, and look how far I am in the story!!! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this story, it's epic, found it last week and am already on this chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon- Glad you're enjoying it! The story definitely gets better from here ;D Just wait till you catch up to the current storyline. It's getting pretty intense XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. It keeps getting to me how she is having to leave her children behind and out living them :( She sure has a hell of a lot of burglary's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice transition, she does have a lot of bugleries.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9