Top Social

Volunteers


As you might expect, the three of us were exhausted by the time the long flight was over and we returned home. It was pleasing to see that the house was still standing when we returned though. I don't know why I got so worried that everything would turn to disaster the second I left. I've personally seen that both Eiji and Galaran are more than capable of handling a few children. They even did more than just make sure the house didn't fall to pieces. The two of them had managed to get Erondir and Fiendir to start talking. It was certainly a nice surprise to come home to.

Londuil and Ninnor wanted to crawl into bed and sleep for days, but unfortunately they and Eiji had other obligations that required them to hop right back onto another plane. There was just enough time for them to sneak in a quick nap though, and Eiji and I used the time to talk alone one last time. I thanked him for not giving up on me, and for giving me such an amazing opportunity with our sons. Eiji said it was no problem. It was certainly the least he could do.

After that, his expression grew serious and a bit nervous. It wasn't a look I'd ever really seen on him before. Eiji asked me a question that was a bit sudden. He wanted to know that if I didn't have to do this task and follow all the laws of my people that were currently keeping us apart, then would I want to be with him then? The logic in my mind told me that we never would have met if I hadn't been given this task. Of course I knew that Eiji didn't want a logical what-if. He was looking for a response to what he already knew was a very impossible situation.

I was honest with myself, and answered that if what he was suggesting was the case I would have had no problem being with him. Even if I would know I would only lose him in the end, it would be worth the time we would get to spend together. Eiji thanked me quietly after I finished speaking. We embraced for a long time. However, Londuil and Ninnor eventually came back downstairs and all three had to leave. After a couple more goodbyes, I had to say goodbye to them once more and watch them leave.


I didn't stay sad for too long though. This parting was definitely much more cheerful than Eiji, Londuil, and Ninnor's previous departure. Besides, I had to get ready to prepare for Ettelendil's birthday. We had a small, but fun celebration as normal. Ette grew up wonderfully. Minai was excited to have someone to play with.


Despite it just seeming like they were born, Erondir and Fiendir will be children as well before too long. I'm curious to see how their personalities will develop as they grow. Right now they act very similar. My other children and I are used to their physical differences and can tell them apart with ease, but people seeing them for the first time aren't able to tell them apart. They can only tell who is who because I dress Erondir in white and Fiendir in blue.

I haven't realized it until now, but their birth pushed me past the first quarter mark of this task. I know that this is something I should be excited about. I am a little relieved, but I feel more discouraged than anything. All this time has passed, and I've only had twenty-six children? I could have had so many more if I had stopped myself from getting distracted so many times. Going home is beginning to feel like an impossible dream again. I had Minai, Ette, Erondir, and Fiendir so close together to make up for the gap created by Londuil and Ninnor's absences. But maybe I shouldn't stop having children so close together...

No. I reminded myself of that resolution I made in that first small house in Appaloosa Plains. My children shouldn't have to live in a crowded house where they get none of my attention because I want to push baby after baby out in order to return home faster. Their needs have to come first- just like always. They deserve a mother, and not just a provider.


I've still been feeling frustrated though. I have found out that the pent up stress is released quickly when I work on the martial arts skills I picked up in China. No one back home knows any kind of fighting like what I'm learning. This should give me the advantage when I go back. Ada and Eloril will have no idea what happened. I've even managed to move up two belt levels in a short amount of time. It's a wonderful feeling to be honing my body again after being relatively inactive for so long.

With everything I've said about not wanting to have too many children too quickly, I know that it actually is about time to have another child though. After Erondir and Fiendir have their birthday is probably best.


Leisure Day arrived. Galaran, Minai, and Ette thought it would be fun to throw a pool party. As I was helping them get everything set up and in place, I received an unexpected phone call from Mrs. James. She wanted me to meet her at the park to talk. I was afraid to go. I honestly thought she was trying to lure me there to humiliate me publicly. It was only when Mrs. James told me that if I didn't come she would barge into my house instead that I agreed to meet her.

I got to the park, and Mrs. James led me to a bench where she instantly started to tell me all about how she and Jayden met. The first time they had talked they had been at this park on this bench. Mrs. James then went on to tell me much of her and Jayden's life together. As she talked, I kept wondering why she was telling me all of this so suddenly. When Mrs. James finished, she smiled bemusedly and actually said that I was probably wondering why she was telling me all of this. I nodded.


Mrs. James admitted that this situation hadn't been the first time Jayden had been unfaithful. She remained hopelessly devoted to him despite everything, and she had been with him so long that she knew he still loved her greatly as well. It was a fact that was true of many of the men who chose to cheat on their partners. Mrs. James knows that society tells her that Jayden isn't worth her time or effort, and she should leave him right away. She believes that marriage is about loving your spouse despite his or her faults, and she remains confident that there's hope for Jayden to change his ways. Many have told her that she's messed up or crazy. However, she can't help thinking what she thinks.

I told her that I don't think she's messed up or crazy. I personally wouldn't be able to handle what she's chosen to go through, but if she and Jayden are still willing to work to find happiness together then they shouldn't just give up on something they both want to fight for. Mrs. James thanked me, and apologized for yelling at me before. She doesn't fault me for what happened. She can see easily that I'm a good person. I thanked her in return. Mrs. James took her leave after that.

I watched her go, and thought that she is a surprisingly strong woman.


I left the park myself, and arrived home just as the pool party was about to start. The backyard was filled with people before too long. Even though we only invited family, it seems word quickly spread of our get-together. There were multiple people who decided to invite themselves. I didn't mind as long as they didn't cause any problems.


And there were no problems throughout the whole day. Rain was forecasted, but the sun shone brightly without even the slightest bit of cloud interference. In fact, the sunlight was so strong that Ette got quite the tan. He then proceeded to start a large water balloon fight. I took the opportunity to practice my diving- I got very good at it. We finished the day with a massive buffet dinner. Even though I was worn out by the time the sun began to set, I was satisfied with the way everything went.


Two weeks later on the eve of Erondir and Fiendir's birthday, I took my chance to head out on the town to meet some new men. I was hoping it wouldn't be hard considering that it was tourist season for Monte Vista. What I didn't expect, however, was that two men were seeking me out.

They came up to me and introduced themselves as Lucas King and Ralph Richfield. Then they asked if I was Ellothiel. Yes, I answered. I very vaguely remember seeing these two around before, but they are otherwise unknown to me. They told me not to get too freaked out, which didn't make me feel confident at all, but they asked if I was out looking for men who would sleep with me so that I could become pregnant. In my stunned silence, they admitted that they had noticed the pattern. Each time I slept with a man I ended up pregnant. It was too much of a coincidence, so I had to be doing it on purpose. They said that they were right, weren't they?

I answered yes much more hesitantly this time. I wondered why such a thing mattered to them. In the back of my mind I thought about how I thought my family had been living quietly in the community. Others must notice us, and my actions, much more than I supposed. Mr. King and Mr. Richfield said they didn't know why I wanted or needed so many children, it really was none of their concern, but they could see I was responsible. They wanted to offer themselves as contributors.


I would have laughed if their faces had not been so serious. I asked them if they realized what they were trying to get themselves into. I didn't want them to think coming up to me like this was just an easy way to get the chance to sleep with me. Going through with this means that they will be fathers- men responsible for creating life. It wasn't something one should strive for so half-heartedly. Both Mr. King and Mr. Richfield said they knew. This was something they had thought over well, and understood deeply.

I studied them quietly for a moment. They were nervous under my gaze, but I could tell they were being one hundred percent honest with me. They had no ulterior motives or wrong intentions. Realizing that this was a marvelous opportunity, and that I have slept with worse men, I agreed to their offer. Both looked pleased. I told them that if they were ready now, then I was ready as well. Apparently they had already decided that Mr. Richfield would go first if I somehow agreed to them. I asked how they decided.

They told me they played Rock-Paper-Scissors. Hearing that made me feel so special.


Still, right in front of me were two willing men ready and prepared to be fathers. That meant less drama for me. Since my house was full of children, Mr. Richfield took me back to his place where we followed through with our plan......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9