Top Social

Lost Charm


It was time for my twin boys' birthday. Now that Erondir and Fiendir have gotten older, their physical and personality differences are even more apparent than they were before. Fiendir looks so much more like Jayden with his darker skin and the shape of his face. Erondir and Fiendir have tried to trick me and others by switching places, but their distinctions are too obvious for such a ploy to ever work.


There was a mistake that day with the maid service. Two maids, Octavio Crump and Yvonne Bernal, turned up. Both of them thought it was their day to clean our house. I left the two to figure out the error on their own. One would think two adults would be able to work out a solution quickly and simply. That was not the case. Mr. Crump and Ms. Bernal bickered for far too long about who should leave and who should stay. Their argument became so obnoxious that I told them I would pay both of them to work for the day. They went about quietly after that. I never thought I would have to parent the adults that I employ.


In some ways, I miss having the nausea that is a sure sign that I'm pregnant. Now I have to wait a bit longer, or waste money on a test, to confirm that I'm with child. I suppose I would be arguing that the slight inconvenience would be worth not having the nausea if it was still something I was dealing with though. Anyway, I went to the hospital after dinner once night to find out that I would be having another baby boy.

I was enjoying the peaceful walk back to the house in the warm air, but I became frozen as I took one small step into the front yard. For a decent while, I cannot recount just how long I was transfixed there, I stared at the house and the other buildings nearby. A feel began to grow within me, and it grew rapidly and strongly.

Monte Vista had all of a sudden lost its charm.

For seemingly no particular reason, I now feel impatient and restless being here. I understand this sudden realization though. This feeling was placed inside me by the Goddess because she wants me to move forward. There is no longer anything here for me in Monte Vista. The thought is saddening because I continue to love this place, and it feels like I have only been here a short while. However, I have no choice if the Goddess wants me to move.


I was already convinced enough, but then two things happened the following day that only made me even more sure that moving was the correct decision.

The first was that Galaran, a bit suddenly, called over a woman named Leslie Patel. Galaran explained to me that Ms. Patel works at the cafe near the spa, and as of last night, the two of them had official started dating. I was so happy for them, but especially for Galaran. He has grown so much more confident and happier as a result of his extra time here at home. He wasn't quite done surprising me though. Leslie's roommate at her apartment unexpectedly bailed to go live somewhere else. In order for Leslie to keep her apartment, she needs someone else to live with her. Galaran admitted that he finally felt like it was time for him to move out, and he wanted to go live with Ms. Patel with my blessing.

I gave him my blessing right away, and agreed with him that I could feel he was more than ready to be a true adult out on his own. I then gave him my own admission. He wouldn't be the only one moving out. Galaran was confused until I told him everything. He was naturally rather upset, but he tried to smile and say he believed it to be for the best.


The second thing that happened was even more convincing, and it gave me a more definite reason as to why our family needed to move.

I invited Ralph over so that I could let him know in person that we were going to be having a son. I was instantly curious when I saw that he brought Mr. King along as well. When I asked them what was going on, they revealed that they had bad news. The two of them worked at the same office, and had just been given the news yesterday that they were being transferred to a partner office in another town. They would lose their jobs if they didn't go.

A bit surprised, I asked them to tell me about the town. The more they spoke, the more I understood that the place they were describing to me was meant to be my new home. I told them everything after that- how I wanted to move myself and how I could see I was to follow them. Ralph and Mr. King were certainly shocked, but thrilled as well. They would have to leave long before I would be able to, but it also allows them time to help me get a house all ready for when my family arrives.


Now that I didn't have to worry about upsetting Ralph and Mr. King by unexpectedly moving away, there was only one thing left to do. I really was unsure of how Minai, Ettelendil, Erondir, and Fiendir would take the news. I hoped I could soften the blow by taking them out to the beach to grill fish for dinner.

I waited until after they ate to try and tell them what was going on as gently as possible. I got the reactions I expected though. All four of them were very upset and didn't want to leave. Poor Minai even began to cry. It wasn't helpful that I really didn't have a legitimate excuse for moving, nor did I have a lot of information about this new town besides the little Ralph and Mr. King told me.

We all went back home in a bad mood. Things were strained between the five of us for weeks. My children made it very clear every single day that they detested the idea of leaving. They even made a whole presentation on why we should stay in Monte Vista. I felt their pain. I certainly know just how awful it is to be forcefully pushed out of the land you grew up in, but I refused to waver in my resolve. After Ralph and Mr. King got settled in the new town and we began to pack ourselves, Minai, Ette, Erondir, and Fiendir finally (and reluctantly) accepted the move. They also stopped trying to make me feel like I was the worst parent in the world, something I am very grateful for.


I packed as slowly as possible to make the house still feel cozy, but as the months passed by the piles of boxes got higher and higher. I did eventually start sending those boxes to the new house Ralph and Mr. King helped me pick out.

My due date got closer. I began taking care of the various little details left for me to deal with. The most important thing that I did was sending a letter to Eloril and my parents about the move. I know Eloril will be disappointed. He had been so looking forward to seeing Monte Vista the next time he came to visit. Hopefully, I will have the chance to come back here with him when that time comes around.


A couple hours before I went into labor, another sign that our time in Monte Vista was coming to an end occurred. I went to feed the birds when I found out that Teekee had died. I understood that this meant that Koca didn't have much time left either. I do enjoy having birds around, but this is just as well. I hadn't been planning on taking the cages with us anyway.


My labor with my new son, Thrin, was surprisingly long and painful. I haven't had a labor so bad in a long time- not even Erondir and Fiendir's birth was so excruciating. I hope this isn't a trend that's going to continue. What is certain though is that Thrin is going to be a noisy baby. He cried nearly nonstop for an hour after he was born.

I didn't mind the crying so much though. It kept me distracted from the fact that now that he's born, the move is right around the corner......
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9