Top Social

Earthquake!

I had my first experience with an earthquake today. I'm sure many of you have heard of the 5.8 earthquake that hit the east coast that caused an evacuation in the pentagon, white house, and so on. Even all the way here in northeast Ohio we were able to feel it. Granted, I think if I had been moving around I wouldn't have noticed. However, I was sitting on my chair with my legs folded on the seat too (because that's the most comfortable way for me to sit). I was playing Sims on my new Alienware m17x when I realized that my chair was rocking back and forth. The legs are a bit uneven so it tips to one side if I move, but the things was, was that I wasn't moving at all. A quick look to my left and I saw that the shade of my lamp was shaking. I turned around to look at the rest of my room, but nothing else really seemed to be shaking. Still, even though I couldn't see anything else shifting, I still felt movement coming from somewhere.

By this point "Is this an earthquake" had gone through my mind a couple times. I waited to see if the shaking was going to get stronger, but before I noticed the movement had stopped. That's when I thought I must have just jumped to conclusions. There aren't any fault lines nearby, and if I had been able to feel it must have been a relatively big shake from somewhere far away. I shook the idea and went back to playing Sims. Then a couple moments ago I checked Yahoo! and to my very slight surprise there was a news article about the 5.8 quake.

I don't have much else to say except it was interesting experience to feel an earthquake, because it's unlike anything else I've ever felt. I know it was a very weak experience, and people on the west coast are like "Yeah, we deal with earthquakes all the time, get over it.", but never having felt one before it's a very strange feeling I have inside my chest. And overall, I'm just glad that the damage closer to the epicenter wasn't all that bad, and for the most part everyone is safe and well.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9