Top Social

Where We're At Now

 Good 2022 everyone!

I know it's been a while, and so I know there likely won't be too many people seeing this. Surprising as it may be, I haven't completely fallen off the wagon with movement for the blog. I could go into the long of it, but the main reason for CMW's hiatus is the same reason it started: Kingdom of Sun. I spent the vast majority of last year working with the hosting site to get it ready to go Premium, which basically meant rewriting a large portion of the second draft. Then came the matter of keeping up with it ever since it did go live. That entails me writing at least four chapters a week and making sure those chapters are as polished coming out since there's little chance for heavy edits or going back and reworking entire portions of the story like I could before.

Naturally, I'm not the most eager to do even more writing once I get through my normal work day, writing and editing for that, and doing what I need to maintain the rest of my life. I do have a couple chapters done for Nutmeg's generation, which are the few final bits of her teenage years. The reason I haven't released them is because they leave a much different taste in the mouth than the more positive end the story is currently stuck on. I've also done some work on her adult years and even another short story, but consistent crashes kept making them a chore.

So, what'll be happening going forward?

Like I mentioned in the last post, there continues to be an issue with Blogger picking up malware from somewhere. It seems to have absolutely nothing to do with any actions of mine or leak from my end. I'm going to go ahead with my plan then and switch over to WordPress. This blog will remain up, but it won't host any content aside from the eventual notices giving more information about the switch. What I'll do with the new blog is sort of...start over. It'll only host CMW, and I'll transfer over the story starting with Ethereal's generation. I won't be doing everything from scratch, but I'll tighten up the writing and give the old content a slight refresh. It'll require much less effort from me, and, hopefully, it'll put me into a groove that will allow a continuation of Nutmeg's story to see it through to its proper conclusion.

I'm still figuring out what I want to do after that. I have a feeling the aging of TS3 is going to be the main problem with CMW's continuation, and TS4 simply doesn't offer the ability to do the story the way I envisioned it. So, I just don't know. I have another project related to CMW that I'm super excited about though. A 'what-if' version of things, basically. There should at least be that.

I'll post a link to the new blog when it's ready. Hope you look forward to it, and thank you as always!

~Kelsey


3 comments on "Where We're At Now"
  1. I'm so glad you haven't given up on CMW! I'm looking forward to the continuation of Nutmeg's generation and will follow you when you get to moving blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss your stories and can’t wait for the return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you haven't given up on CMW as well. Hope to see it pick up soon.

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9