Top Social

Apologies - Update

Hey all! Sorry for the sudden absence and quiet. Everything has been fine with me and nothing is wrong. A big cause of the silence was my work reopening, which brought on a schedule change and adjustment period. I hope I didn't cause too much worry. A quick update about that wouldn't have been difficult to write, but I took some extra time to let myself step back and just prompt out the reality that I've been working against for most of the generation. I'm really starting to hit a motivation shortage after so many years of this project now. Have no fear that I'm canceling it. Generation Four will be completed, and I'm planning on doing Generation Five. I love and am excited for those two stories and everything beyond. The problem lies with the process getting the story from my head. The Sims 3 will always hold a special place in my heart, yet using it as a backdrop for my creation process now tires me. I'm tired of the same animations, the same poses, the slowness, the glitches, the problems like this I encountered taking pictures for the last chapter:



I consider The Sims 4 an okay game. I open it to play it for general fun far more than I've opened TS3 for actual game play in years. I wish I could say switching over would give me the needed refresh, that solution takes away many of the necessary mechanics needed for the planned plots of numerous generations. There's no real solution I can think of, which has me at an impasse that leaves me just not wanting to do anything.

So that's where I am at the moment. I am a little done, but at the same time I'm not done enough to get close to calling this project to a premature end. What I do think will help is pulling back some of the pressure of responsibility. You've all been wonderful whenever there's a delayed or missed chapter, and I don't want to do you a disservice by not being upfront about the thoughts in my head. For now, I'm going to release the story from a schedule. I won't promise a certain number of chapters or having a post on a certain day. However, I feel that allowing myself to work more at leisure should lessen the reluctance I feel towards even opening TS3.

Thank you as always for your understanding, and I hope to see you with something new soon!

~Kelsey
1 comment on "Apologies - Update"
  1. Take your time! Ive seen so many stories cancelled and cut short (usually right as it gets good) and id hate to lose CMW! Especially since this stort is ALWAYS good. Even the 'dull' moments of time passing are never dull.

    Ive wanted to start a story blog with TS3 someday but am limited by my current computer. I love the game but it does seem like everyone has issues with it. TS4 is getting better with time but even with the cc ive seen online it is nowhere near the flexibility to fit fhe in depth detail you put into every chapter.

    Ill be watching for the next chapter, whenever it may be. So glad to hear all is well and that your area is starting to reopen things!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9