Top Social

Current Plans For the Blog

So, with Generation Two of Color My World coming to its end (and I want to thank you all again for being patient while I struggled with feeling unwell), that means there going to be a bit of change in routine. I would like to say that Generation Three will be coming before too long, but I had to make a decision about how I'm going to continue Color My World. I love the story to death and do plan on continuing it. However, it was has become such a major distraction that prevents me from working on my actual book that I hope will be the work that allows me to become an author. For the time being, the main story of Color My World is going on a hiatus until Tales of Lerathian (you can find samples of it in the Original Stories tab) is in a more progressive state. My idea of what that is is the first draft being fully done and me potentially talking to people who can assist me in the steps beyond.

That being said, I have no intention of letting the blog go completely inactive. In addition to me finishing the much less work intensive 100 Majesties and the Starr generation of The Perfect Genetics Challenge, I will also be updating the Vampire Coven challenge going on on my Tumblr. There's also a million ideas I have for short stories for Generation One and Two of Color My World as well as The Goddess' Order. They will be similar to the one I did with Eden and Hunter. The goal is to publish at least one update per week, although there will be no set day of release. I'm sorry for the disappointing news, but I've let my hobby get in the way of my career for too long. I hope you'll stick around, and I'll post news of my progress every now and again.

~Kelsey
4 comments on "Current Plans For the Blog"
  1. It's all good, I really understand that. I don't have a blog, but my sister did and she experienced the same trouble. I'm really happy that you will still be continuing on with things on your blog, while still focusing on your author career. I hope to still see some Colour my World posts like you did when you went on a small break in between gen 1 and gen 2, like characters colour swapped and what the original plan was for the generation, but I also look forward to catching up with your other stories as well.

    Good luck with your book
    -nyrrat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me too. It was so hard to balance working on my mystery and trying to work on my Sims 3 legacy. Then my computer updated itself to Windows 10 on me and I lost my game- and I deleted the blog. My first story is still there, but the legacy I was going to do from it is gone now. I've been able to get a lot more of my novel done now, and I've even started the second, though I'm not planning on publishing until after I'm finished with college(accounting Degree.

    I'm not planning on going the agent route, though. I've heard, that sometimes after you get a book published the traditional way, and if it sells (which it probably will- you've already advertised it) they may end up asking you to make a sequel or another book- with a deadline. And then you end up super- super busy. Who knows if you'd even have time to work on Color my World then?

    I went the self publishing route myself without assistance(didn't work out for me- but it might for you) but I think this time, I'm going to go through Kindle- Scout instead. It's an option for you, if you want it. You just need to make sure your book is at least 50,00 words and proofread/copy edited, and have a good back blurb, one liner, and cover.

    I go by Adventure 4U1 on the forums, but unfortunately, only my Google name works on this blog. I'm writing my novel under a pen name because I have other plans besides writing in my life (getting a day desk job) and I don't want writing to make me not get hired.
    Well, good luck on your novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is 100% fine. Honestly I didn't understand how one person can do all of these stuff... I miss Perfect Genetics Challenge so I'm happy you're reviving it. And I started following you on Tumblr and I love the Vampire Coven. Take as many time as you need for the third generation, you should only do something if it feels right for you.

    And as for CMW being an hobby, I think you can totally edit the first generation to be without the pictures (and of course make some modification to make it suitable to be in a book format) and than sell it as a sci-fi book. Because It's better than a lot of actually published books that I read. And I know of fanfiction writers that sold their story as a book so it's not impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and good luck with the book! I hope one day I'll be able to buy it and read it! :D

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9