Top Social

CYWS 2008-2009 Concert Season Recording | Tracks 1-5

Here's a little something I bet most of you don't know about me. I started playing the trumpet in 5th grade, and I switched to playing the euphonium (it can also be known as a baritone) in middle school. 

They look like this. They're basically small tubas.
Band was my main activity throughout my school years, and, I must say, I was pretty darn good. During my junior and senior years, I participated in a group known as the Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony. You can read a bit more in depth about it on its Wikipedia page, but it is essentially an elite level symphony group composed solely of high schoolers. I was placed into Group II both times, and I had a blast. I remembered recently that I had recordings from the two fall concert seasons, and I thought sharing these recordings would be an interesting and fun thing to do as well as a good change of pace for the blog.

Unfortunately, the burned copies of CDS we were given did not provide the track names when synced to a computer, and since it has been 5+ years since I performed these songs with the group I only remember the names for a vast minority of them. Perhaps I'll take the time to find the titles one day, but until then please enjoy!


Track 01



Track 02


I remember this being a fun piece. It's so purposefully chaotic and discordant, thus it was a nice change of pace.


Track 03



Track 04



Track 05



Expect Part 2 and Part 3 for this concert to be coming soon!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9